Controlling your period can be a hard task at times, especially if there is a sudden outing with friends, swimming competition, or a romantic holiday with your significant other. Fortunately, there are many ways on how to delay your period. You can alter your cycle naturally so there are no side effects. It is important to know these methods as they can come handy. The next time you make travel plans, you can worry less about your menstruation as you can delay it with these natural solutions.
Is it Safe to Delay Your Period?
Most women are scared to alter their cycle. Period is the symbol of a woman’s fertility. Nobody wants to experience a continuing side effect or risk their ability to become pregnant just because they want to delay their period once. However, many women take pills to postpone their period by two weeks. Some women also take birth control pills to stop their periods.
If you do not want to take pills, there are natural ways on how to delay your period. Since many women do not want to suffer mental discomfort about pill-related solutions, these home remedies can help if you have travel or swimming plans. Even though it is not so good to interfere with your menstrual cycle, you can reduce the risks of side effects by using natural ways to postpone your period. With these natural methods, you can enjoy your outdoor activities without being stressed.
Here are the effective methods to delay your period without taking pills. With these methods, you can reduce the risk of experiencing negative effects. You can also have more fun together with your family, friends, or partner in your outdoor plans.
Vinegar is one of the ingredients that will always be in your kitchen. You do not have to take a pill to hamper your cycle. Not many women are aware of this natural solution but drinking vinegar can postpone your period without any side effects.
- Add three to four spoons of vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink this solution three times a day to delay your period.
- Taking this solution regularly will also reduce menstrual flow.
Drinking vinegar several days before the date of your period can delay it naturally. You can also enjoy some of the health benefits of vinegar. It controls diabetes, reduces glycemia, decreases food allergies and improves acid-alkali balance. Vinegar also contains antimicrobial properties that can treat oral diseases.
2. Avoid Heat Producing Foods
There are many theories that spicy foods and other heat producing foods play a major role in inducing your period. While it is not yet proven scientifically, many women claim that avoiding spicy foods can delay your period naturally. Some women also mentioned that the heat in spicy foods trigger their period.
- To delay your period for your next trip, swimming or any other event, avoid spicy foods and ingredients like hot pepper, paprika, garlic, black pepper, chilies and ginger. This solution will postpone the date of your menstruation for few days.
- Some foods that produce excessive heat in the body include pineapple, papaya, carrots, carom seeds and pomegranate. Avoiding these foods can help in delaying your period.
3. Extensive Exercises
Exercising is one of the best ways to postpone your period. Performing physical activities for at least thirty minutes a day have lots of benefits to your body. Exercising can also make your body stronger and it helps your organs function well.
With extensive exercises, your body will experience physical stress. When the body is stressed, it delays a woman’s menstruation. However, it is best to not put too much tension on your body as it may cause your muscles to ache.
- Before you start performing heavy exercises, give your body a warm up. You can start with gentle stretches.
- Once you are ready, you can prolong your workouts. You can start by cardio exercises like cycling, walking or jogging, or by performing yoga.
There is still no scientific proof that performing extensive exercises will delay your period but many women reported that exercising daily helps. Even if it does not deliver your expected results, your body will get used to exercising every day. This will provide you long-term health benefits.
It can also reduce menstrual cramps during menstruation and the days of your period will be reduced. Exercises can also get rid of bloating and fatigue during your period.
One of the best ways to postpone your menstruation is drinking lemon juice. Lemons contain acidic properties that can delay your period and make it lighter. Here’s how to delay your period with lemons.
- Take fresh lemons and squeeze out its juice into a glass.
- Add water and drink the solution. You can get reap more benefits by drinking it on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this three to four times a day before your period.
Aside from delaying your period, lemon juice can also aid digestion by increasing the production of bile. It also strengthens your immune system and balances the pH levels in your body. Lemons are also great sources of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and citric acid.
5. Green Gram Lentils
Mung bean lentils or green gram lentils are beneficial to the body. They are great sources of protein and can improve the bodily functions in many ways. Gram lentils are also effective in postponing your period naturally.
- Roast gram lentils for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Allow it to cool down and grind them to make a powder.
- Use gram lentil powder in making soup. Consuming gram lentil soup can delay your period naturally.
- Simply add one to two tablespoons of lentil powder in a glass of water and boil it.
- Add a bit of salt.
For best results, consume gram lentil soup on an empty stomach. You can also add a bit of lemon juice for additional benefits. Start consuming this soup seven days before your period.
Did you know that gelatin is also effective in delaying your menstruation? Gelatin is used in many lotions and anti-aging creams. Also, gelatin contains properties that act as antidote for estrogen, which is the hormone responsible for inducing menstruation. Eating gelatin allows you to counter the estrogen hormone.
- Simply take a sachet or packet of gelatin and pour it into a glass of water.
- Stir it well and drink the mixture. This will help you delay your menstruation.
- You can drink this mixture three times a day.
Gelatin can delay period for at least four hours. If you are in a rush and you need to postpone your period right away, this can be the best solution to stop the period immediately. However, your body might experience some side effects.
7. Shepherd’s Purse
The shepherd’s purse herb is also excellent in postponing your period. It can also make the blood flow light during your menstruation. Here’s how to delay your period with shepherd’s purse.
- Dry shepherd’s purse herb for a day or more.
- Grind the dried herb to make a powder.
- Add this powder into a glass of water and drink it to delay your period.
Consuming shepherd’s herb can also treat menstrual cramps, bleeding disorders of heavy periods, and other health problems. It can treat headache, kidney disease, bladder infections, diarrhea, low blood pressure and more.
Like shepherd’s purse, yarrow is also an effective herb in delaying menstruation. It is also used for relieving cramps and other illnesses.
You can use yarrow as a tincture or tea to delay your period. Drink this two times a day to reduce menstrual blood as well as the length of your menstruation. Drinking yarrow tea can also treat skin problems and symptoms of allergies.
9. Parsley Leaves
One of the easiest remedy to postpone your period is by eating a handful of parsley leaves. Here’s how to delay your period with parsley leaves.
- Pick up fresh parsley leaves.
- Put them in water and bring it to boil.
- You can also add lemon juice and honey for additional benefits.
- Strain and drink this two to three times a day.
This herb is rich in vitamins A, B12, C and K. It can also keep your immune system strong, as well as your bones and nervous system. Including parsley in your diet can also eliminate excess body fluids.
10. Drink Plenty of Water
Many people do not drink plenty of water to avoid urinating often when traveling or working. However, not drinking enough water has harmful effects on the body as well as on your menstrual cycle.
- Start drinking plenty of water to eliminate unwanted toxins from the body. It will also reduce menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding.
Other Remedies to Delay Your Period
You can also try these natural solutions to postpone your menstruation.
- Drink tamarind juice or eat bananas throughout the day.
- Drink fuller’s earth mixed with water.
- Massage your breast 100 times a day.
- Grind raspberry leaves and make a tea. Drink it three to four times a day.