If you are suffering from allergies, you have to know that you are not alone. All over the world, there are different people who get allergies from a variety of things. If you have suffered from allergies all your life, do you already know what might possibly trigger your symptoms? The symptoms of seasonal allergy include rashes, eczema, and other skin condition.There is a chance that you already know but there are some triggers that are hard to avoid.This article will tell you top 5 essential oils for seasonal allergy relief.
Common causes of getting allergies
- Pollen – There are a lot of people who are actually allergic to pollen, once the pollen gets into their system, their immune system will start fighting it off even though it is harmless and this can result to getting allergies.
- Genetics – If someone in your family has allergies, there is a big chance that you have allergies as well. There is also a chance that the allergies will be for the exact same things.
- Exposure to Dust Particles – There are some people who immediately get an allergic reaction when they are exposed to dust. Same with the exposure of people to pollen, the exposure to dust can result to having an allergic reaction.
Do remember that there are times when you find it hard to determine what is causing your allergies for the simple reason that when you ate a food product before, you did not get any allergies, but now that you have eaten it again, you have experienced an allergic reaction. Do remember that sometimes, the amount of the food that you are going to eat will also determine if you are going to have an allergic reaction or not.
At this point, you may be wondering how you can stop your allergic reactions from taking place. There are times when they can happen at times when you wish they would not happen because you are in the middle of an important event you have clients with you. Allergies can strike anytime and anywhere and you have to know how you can prevent it.
What you can do in order to help you get rid of the possible triggers of allergies is to make use of essential oils. If in case you are not aware, essential oils are extracted from various products that can be helpful in curbing allergic reactions. The use of essential oils can prevent you from having to go through embarrassing situations.
Top 5 Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergy Relief
- Peppermint Essential Oils(Mentha piperita)
The great thing about peppermint is probably its smell and its aroma. It is minty and this alone can help prevent an allergic reaction but what make it even more special are the different things that it can do to the body too. It can help get rid of some digestive and respiratory problems that people are also suffering from. With the use of this essential oil, you can be sure that you will be able to breathe easier, feel relieved and breathe easily.
- Place peppermint essential oil on your neck when you wake up in the morning. Do remember that you have to make sure that your skin will not be irritated in the process. Only place it on a small patch of your skin beforehand. You can place it again at night or when you are undergoing an allergic reaction.
- You can also apple peppermint oil together with a carrier oil near your nostrils. This will be effective in providing instant relief especially if you are having trouble breathing because of your allergies.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
The great thing about Eucalyptus is that it is also known to help relieve respiratory issues that people may have. It is also one of the essential oils that people normally use if they would like to get instant relief from allergies. Aside from that, the use of eucalyptus can help people breathe better.
- Mix eucalyptus with any carrier oil. Make sure that you will mix thoroughly. Do not use eucalyptus alone since this can irritate parts of your skin.
- Place on the neck, chest and back area and wait for your allergy symptoms to start diminishing.
- If you would like to place it directly on your skin, you can also inhale eucalyptus oil if you would place it in boiling water.
- Breathe in the steam but make sure to do this in moderation.
- Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is also known to be a very effective essential oil in getting rid of allergies probably due to the fact that it has anti histamine properties. What it does is it makes sure that inflammation will be lowered immensely. People usually get inflammation on different parts of their bodies because of the allergies.
- Mix in lavender essential oil(Lavandula angustifolia) with lavender oil and peppermint oil.
- Gargle the essential oils on the base of the mouth before swallowing.
- Do this whenever you have an allergic reaction.
- You can also place lemon oil topically as long as you have carrier oil that you can mix it with before rubbing on your neck, nostril area and back.
- Lavender Essential Oil
If there is one essential oil that is known for its natural anti histamine properties, it is lavender. The great thing about this is that you can use it to treat yourself when you are already undergoing an allergic reaction. Aside from the fact that it can get rid of your allergies, it can also have a calming and soothing effect on your body so you will not feel self conscious about your smell if you have to put it on before going out. Although you are recommended to use it at night since it can help you sleep better.
- Use a few drops of lavender oil and apply it on your forehead, your sinuses and even your cheeks to stop possible inflammation because of allergies.
- You can also diffuse lavender oil. Again, make sure that you will do it before you go to sleep at night.
- One tip to remember is if you need to bring it with you when you go out, you can place a cotton ball dipped in lavender oil and place it on a Ziploc.
- Frankincense Essential Oil
For the past thousands of years, Frankincense has always been known to have some medical benefits that can be very helpful for people who are suffering from allergies. Aside from that, it can also be helpful in helping people cure their cuts and burns easier than before.
- Make sure that you will mix frankincense oil with carrier oil and this can be placed on the back of the neck area, at the back and on the chest area.
- Wait for the effect to take place.
- This can be done every time people have a hard time with breathing.
Try these best essential oils for seasonal allergy now. You can now get rid of your allergy reactions that may take place in the weirdest moments. Knowledge about this can be very helpful for you especially during allergy season.