How to get rid of migraines fast?There are a lot of people who suffer from migraines and they get it from time to time because of different reasons. There are times when migraines seem to escalate and they come with some symptoms of vomiting and nausea.
It is important to take note of the possible reasons for getting migraine so that they can be avoided such as the following:
- Stress – When people are too stressed with the things that they have to do, they develop migraines.
- Food Allergy – Some types of food cannot be tolerated by the body because of this, these food products or the components of the food products are fought by the body and in turn, this can cause people to feel bad.
- Hormonal Changes in Women – When people are about to get their period or get rid of their period, they tend to undergo some hormonal changes. This is also the same when women are pregnant. The hormonal changes can cause them to develop migraines.
Aside from the reasons that are mentioned above, there are still other possible causes of migraines that people would have to avoid so that they will not feel uncomfortable but if in case you are already experiencing a migraine, you have to know the various home remedies that will allow you to get rid of migraines fast.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
- Use Nuts to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
Do you know that nuts can act as a pain reliever for migraines? At the same time, this can also help prevent the onset of more migraines in the future. You may not do this home remedy if you are allergic to nuts.
- Increase the amount of nuts that you usually take in.
- Instead of eating some junk food for snacks, you may take in nuts instead.
- Choose the right type of nuts like almonds that can also give you some nutritional benefits.
Do you know that one of the reasons why people sometimes develop migraines is because it is their body’s way of telling them that they have not consumed enough water for all the things that they are doing? This is the body’s way of showing that it is already having a period of dehydration.
- The moment that you start to feel your head hurting, drink a glass of water.
- Continue to take small sips of water throughout the day. You can make use of a straw to limit the amount of water that you consume for certain periods of time.
- You may also choose to drink some drinks that have electrolytes that will cause you to feel more hydrated.
- Avoid Exposure to Too Much Light
There are some people who develop migraines because of too much light especially if they become exposed to the heat of the sun. When you avoid exposure to too much light, you may also reduce the possibility of your migraine from being too painful.
- Try to darken the room wherein you are going to stay until the pain becomes bearable.
- You may have to stay in the room for as long as possible.
- You may also have to wear sunglasses as this can help eliminate the chances of getting exposed to too much light.
- You would also need to eliminate noise.
- Know Your Pressure Points
You may think that the last thing that you would like to do is add a bit more pressure to your already pounding head but if you know your pressure points, this can be very effective in getting rid of the discomfort that you may be feeling.
- Make sure that you will place your fingers near your forehead and start massaging upwards. This can help release the tension that might be building.
- Place your fingers near your temples as well to help remove the pressure that may be building up there as well.
- Use Ice Pack to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
If in case you would need something that can numb the pain that you are starting to feel on your forehead, this may be the right one for you to use. This means that you can also help shrink the inflamed blood vessels that might be causing the pain that you are feeling.
- Wrap some ice cubes in a clean towel.
- Hold it against the portion of your head that is affected by the migraine.
- Place this for about 10 minutes then rest.
- If you see the need to do it again, do it again for 10 minutes before resting.
Do you know that lemon can be very effective in getting rid of migraines because it can help relax the body in general? The smell of lemon can already be refreshing enough for the body.
- Mix a bit of lemon juice with warm water.
- Drink the lemon juice slowly. You may use a straw.
- You will then start to feel the migraine start to remove.
- Use Ginger to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
Do you know that ginger is known for its great healing powers? What it does is it helps calm down the nerves that are telling the body that it is experiencing pain so as a result, you will start to feel the pain brought about by the migraine start to go away.
- Chew on a ginger root that you have cut if you are already experiencing the pain brought about by migraine.
- If you still have time, you may choose to place a ginger root with warm water and mix in a bit of honey to be made into tea.
- Do this every time you feel an onset of migraine.
Aside from the fact that peppermint is extremely popular during Christmas, it is also well known to be one of the things that people can take in order to get rid of the bad effects of migraine in the body. It can also be used for typical headaches.
- Place a bit of peppermint into a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 10 – 15 minutes.
- You can then remove the peppermint and add a bit of honey.
- Sip this slowly.
- Get Rid of Migraines Fast With Massage
Do you know how to massage yourself? If in the past, you would need to go to the massage parlor to do this, you can get to know the proper ways to massage your head and you can already help get rid of the pain that you are feeling.
- Start by massaging your temples going upwards.
- You may also have to massage from in between your forehead going sideward.
- Do not forget your neck as massaging your neck can also lessen the amount of pain that you are feeling.
- Eucalyptus Oil
Do you know that eucalyptus oil contains some properties that can help get rid of the pain that you are feeling because of migraines? This is because it contains anti inflammatory properties that can help make your vessels less inflamed. It also acts as a great pain reliever.
- Massage your head with the use of eucalyptus oil mixed in with coconut oil.
- You would have to do this for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat throughout the day if necessary.
With all of these things in mind, you can be sure that getting rid of the pan brought about by having a migraine can be removed with the use of the home remedies mentioned above.