There are a lot of people who suffer from scalp acne but they are a bit unsure about how they are going to treat it simply because they are scared that it might be bad for the hair. People might think that scalp acne will just go away on its own but the truth is that they can worsen when left untreated. A lot of people have already become bald because of this.
You have to remember that our hair and our scalp needs a bit of oil but a little bit too much of this can be bad already. At the same time, the moment that you get scalp acne, you have to move immediately so that you can start removing the acne on your scalp. You do have to remember that this can be a brutal task and there are instances when it can be a bit hard to treat but with some of the natural home remedies that you can try, you will be able to get rid of them in the right manner.
10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples on Scalp(Scalp Acne)
One thing that can be said about garlic is that it contains salicylic acid which is one of the main reasons why it can get rid of acne very easily. Garlic also has anti fungal and anti viral properties that can help remove the main causes of acne. While there are instances when you might not want to use it because of its smell, you have to remember that this can help you out well.
- Make garlic tea by placing some cloves of garlic on boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Take out the garlic cloves and rinse your water with the use of the garlic tea.
- Do this whenever possible.
- Tea Tree Oil
There is something about tea tree oil which makes it one of the items people use when natural home remedies are mentioned. It has anti inflammatory properties that can surely help people out a lot especially when it comes to the removal of pimples on the scalp.
- Apply a bit of tea tree oil on the affected area of the scalp.
- Make sure to leave the tea tree oil until the inflammation of the acne on the scalp goes down.
- Do this about 2 – 3 times a week.
You might not realize that one of the things that you can easily use as a natural home remedy is something as simple as ice. You can be sure that ice can help make the inflammation go down tremendously so you will not feel the scalp acne that much especially when you need to comb or brush your hair.
- Place the ice on the affected area.
- Wait for the inflammation of the ice to go down.
- Do this whenever you sense that some parts of your scalp is inflamed.
Do you know what tomatoes can do? Tomatoes are usually the ones that can restore the pH balance of the skin. Aside from the fact that they can neutralize the skin, they are also rich in salicylic acid which can be good for the scalp as well as all parts of the skin. The great thing about tomatoes is they can also help the hair grow back.
- Get tomatoes and get the juice out of tomatoes.
- You may choose to add it in with water or not.
- Gently rinse your scalp and hair with fresh juice from the tomatoes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
You do know that a home remedies list will not be complete unless Apple Cider Vinegar is one of those that will be included in the list. Apple cider vinegar can be effective in restoring the hair and at the same time, it can restore the pH levels of the scalp so that it can promote hair growth. Apple cider vinegar also contains anti oxidants so it can be very helpful.
- Mix together one part apple cider vinegar and two parts water.
- Make sure that you will use this as you rinse water.
- Do this about once a day to be sure that it will be effective for you.
- Jasmine Essential Oil
You may already be aware that Jasmine essential oil is one of the things that you can use in order to get rid of dead skin cells. It contains benzoic acid which makes it very efficient in getting rid of the acne that can be found on the scalp area. The great thing about this is that it naturally gets rid of dead skin which is the main cause of scalp acne.
- Dilute jasmine essential oil with carrier oil like grape seed oil.
- Place the mixture directly on the scalp.
- Massage your scalp a bit and you need to do this from time to time.
Do you know that a tablespoon of the usual vinegar can be very helpful in getting rid of scalp acne? The main reason for this is probably because it regulates the pH level of the scalp so this will help reduce the appearance of acne. It is also very helpful in getting rid of bacteria that may be causing the appearance of acne.
- Mix vinegar with a bit of water.
- Make use of this vinegar solution in order to get rid of your dead skin cells and get rid of scalp acne.
- Do this once a week not only to get rid of scalp treatment but also to ensure that they will never come back.
- Natural Henna
You might be surprised by this but there are some people who are saying that natural henna can be very effective in getting rid of pimples on the scalp because of its antiseptic properties. You can be sure that it will help remove the pimples on your scalp.
- You have to remember that the use of henna can be a bit hard because it can be messy. You can remedy this by making sure that you will use gloves when you use henna.
- Apply natural henna thoroughly throughout your hair. You may expect that prolonged use of henna can change the current color of your hair so consider this well.
- Wash this after 30 minutes.
- Sulfur Soap
One thing that can be said about sulfur is it is known to promote skin peeling. This said, you can be sure that it will effectively peel off the skin on your scalp to get rid of the pimples that might be on your skin.
- This can be used every day on the skin. You can apply it before you use your regular shampoo.
- Avoid the use of sulfur when you have open wounds since this may worsen the condition of your skin.
- Remember that you may have to moisturize because it may leave the skin a bit dry.
- Do not share items with other people.
You have to remember that if there are some people who are suffering from this type of condition, sharing towels with them can be a bit complicated because you might get the condition without you knowing.
- Aside from towels, you may also want to avoid sharing combs and brushes since this may also transfer the bacteria that may be causing the problem.
With all of these things in mind, you can be sure that you can get rid of your scalp acne at the soonest possible time.