There are a lot of women who suffer from vaginal odor at least once in their lives. There are different reasons why women usually suffer from vaginal odor such as the following:
Causes of Vaginal Odor
- Bacterial Growth
- Yeast Infections
- Poor Hygiene
- Hormonal Imbalances and Changes
If you have suffered from some of the reasons that are mentioned above, this makes it very likely that you are also suffering from vaginal odor. Would you like to get rid of the smell at the soonest possible time? You have to know that aside from some of the things that you may have to take and improving your hygiene, you can still do other home remedies that will help you get rid of your vaginal odor naturally.
You have to remember that vaginal odor can be embarrassing especially if other people would smell it as well. You have to make sure that you will be getting rid of your vaginal odor at the soonest possible time. Here are some of the ways by which you can get rid of vaginal odor:
10 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor Fast
- White Vinegar
You have to remember that white vinegar can be very effective in breaking down the proteins that may be causing the odor of your vagina. At the same time, this can neutralize the pH levels of your vagina which can help in the reduction of the smell.
- You would have to mix white vinegar with lukewarm water that you can use for your bath.
- Soak in the water for a few minutes.
- You would need to do this every day for a few weeks or so or until the odor goes away.
You may be thinking at this time that garlic does not smell good but you have to remember that garlic has a lot of properties that will help you out a lot in getting rid of your vaginal odor. Garlic has antibiotic properties and it also has antifungal properties that can help get rid of the fungus that may be causing the smell.
- You would need to make sure that you will eat garlic on a daily basis.
- You may choose to eat garlic raw or you may choose to eat garlic fried.
- If in case you cannot take eating garlic on its own, you may choose to add it to the food that you eat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Aside from white vinegar, you may also choose to use apple cider vinegar because this can still be effective for you. This has antiseptic as well as anti bacterial properties that can be very effective in getting rid of the smell that may be emanating from your vagina.
- You can get rid of the smell by bathing in apple cider vinegar.
- You would have to soak in apple cider vinegar mixed in with water for about 20 minutes.
- You would need to do this about 3 – 4 times a week in order to get the desired results.
If in case you would like to make sure that you will get rid of the odor of your vagina at the soonest possible time, you have to remember that yogurt is rich in lactobacillus bacteria that can help get rid of the bacteria causing the odor from your vagina.
- You would need to add yogurt to your daily diet.
- You may have to make sure that you will eat plain yogurt every day. If you can, you may have to eat two cups.
- Doing this will improve the odor that may be coming from your vagina.
- Tea Tree Oil
If there is one thing that can be said about tea tree oil, it is known to have the various properties that you may possibly need. This has antifungal properties that can help get rid of the fungus that may be causing the odor of your vagina.
- Add tea tree oil to a glass of water.
- You would need to use the solution to clean your area every time you would need to.
- This would have to be done several times a day for a few weeks.
It seems that there are some people who are not too sure how they can use Fenugreek to their advantage. Mainly, fenugreek is an herb that can be used for a wide variety of things and it can also be effective for getting rid of vaginal odor. This can help balance out the pH levels of the vagina.
- Add fenugreek seeds to water overnight.
- You would have to strain the seeds and drink the water every morning.
- This would have to be done for a couple of weeks or so.
- Baking Soda
Do you know that one of the reasons why baking soda is good for your vagina is because it can balance out the pH levels of the vagina? You know that you can always improve on your vagina’s overall condition this way.
- You can add baking soda with water.
- Use this solution in order to clean your vagina every time you would need to wash up.
- You may also choose to drink baking soda with water in the morning.
Do you know that cranberries can be very effective in detoxifying the body? Knowing this, you know that this can also be effective in detoxifying your vagina if you would use it. This can help kill the bacteria that may be causing the odor.
- Prepare a glass of unsweetened and unprocessed cranberry juice in the morning.
- This would have to be done every single day.
- It may take a few weeks before you see some effects.
- Indian Gooseberry
There are a lot of people who know Indian Gooseberry as Amla. This is known to be effective in getting rid of vaginal odor. It can naturally purify your blood. It can also cleanse your blood and of course, this can be effective in getting rid of the smell.
- There are various forms of Indian Gooseberry that you may try. It will depend on you which one you would be most comfortable taking.
- Make sure that you will eat Indian Gooseberry daily.
- Indian Lilac
If in case you are not too familiar with what Indian Lilac is, you may know it more as Neem. Basically, this can be very effective in getting rid vaginal problems and vaginal odor.
- You would have to boil Indian Lilac leaves in a pot full of water.
- After boiling for a few minutes, strain the leaves and leave the liquid.
- Allow the liquid to cool first before removing.
- Drink the liquid acquired from the Indian Lilac every day. You may have to drink it around 2 – 3 times a day.
Now that you already know the basic remedies that you can do in order to get rid of your vaginal odor, you have to remember that the effects may be different from one person to another. Some people make use of different remedies all at the same time. If the odor does not go away, going to a doctor will be the best solution.