It is likely that you are not aware that whiteheads are a form of acne. Whiteheads are commonly seen in the face, especially on the nose and chin. Whiteheads on nose and chin are usually formed when the skin becomes clogged because of various factors such as oil, dirt, and bacteria.
There are times when people cannot distinguish whiteheads from blackheads. Do remember that blackheads are black while whiteheads may be white or yellow hence the name. The reason why whiteheads retain the white color is that it usually forms below the skin. They do not get oxidized. This article shows you how to get rid of whiteheads on nose fast and naturally.
Causes of Whiteheads On Nose and Chin
Here are some common reasons why we get whiteheads:
- Hormonal Changes– if you are undergoing puberty or you are undergoing any hormonal changes, it is likely that you will have more whiteheads than usual. Do remember that once your hormones go back to normal, you will have minor bouts with whiteheads and other forms of acne.
- Products– There are times when instead of making skin better, some skin products will only harm the skin. Whiteheads may be produced because of this.
- Too Much Oil (Excess Exfoliation) in the Pores– When the skin is too oily, it becomes a good trap for dirt and bacteria. This makes it possible for whiteheads and another form of acne to form on the skin.
- Other causes like bacteria and dead skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Whiteheads On Chin and Nose
While there are various skin products that you can purchase from stores that will help get rid of whiteheads and blackheads, there are also some home remedies that can be done to get rid of whiteheads using the products that you have at home. Want to learn more about it? Here are some home remedies to try out.
1.Try Lemon Juice
Lemon is known to be rich in Vitamin C. Aside from that; it also has other components that can make it good for the skin. This can help to rejuvenate the skin faster and can help to eliminate whiteheads entirely.
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Take out the lemon juice and remove the lemon skin.
- Rub the lemon skin on the face for a few minutes.
- Do this twice a week.
2.Apply Steam to get rid of whiteheads on nose
A lot of people know that steaming is done just before basic facial cleansing in dermatology and spas. Steaming can help open up the pores of the skin. So it will be easier for whiteheads to be removed from the skin. At the same time, other bacteria and dirt can also be removed to make the skin smoother and clearer.
- Boil a cup of water.
- After the water comes to a boil, place it in a clean container.
- Place face over the container.
- Steam for about 10 minutes.
- Pat dry with a clean towel afterward.
3.Wonders Of Oatmeal
Ever wondered why there are a lot of oatmeal soaps and oatmeal based products for the face? This is because oatmeal works to exfoliate the face. It can help remove dead skin as well as bacteria that may be left on the face.
- Prepare powdered oatmeal and mix it in with a cup of unflavored yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients and place on the skin for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water then cold water to close the pores.
- Do this process about twice a week.
- Sandalwood Powder
A lot of people do not realize that sandalwood powder is one of the safest home remedies that can be placed on the skin because it is mild. It can remove excess oil from the face so that the appearance of whiteheads can be lessened.
- Prepare some sandalwood powder and add rose water (water with rose petal extract).
- Mix the two ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the face for about 10 minutes.
- Wash with warm water afterward.
5.Use Sugar Scrub
A lot of people do not know what else sugar can do aside from making some of the homemade delicacies sweeter. Sugar is also known to exfoliate quite well, and it can help remove dead skin cells, trapped dirt and bacteria underneath the skin.
- Mix honey and sugar to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the face gently.
- Massage the paste all over the face. Make sure you cover the whole face.
- Leave the paste on the face for about 10 minutes.
- Wipe off using a clean washcloth.
- Rinse residue with water.
- Do this once a week.
What you probably do not realize is that some of the other home remedies will only help get rid of the whiteheads temporarily, but with fenugreek leaves, you can be sure it will help remove whiteheads for good. This home remedy can be beneficial for the whiteheads on nose.
- Make a paste made out of Fenugreek leaves and water.
- Place the paste on the face and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wipe off the paste.
- Wash the residue with cold water.
7.Apple Cider Vinegar
If you do not have any astringent or you have run out of toner, do you know that you can use Apple Cider Vinegar instead? It can be very useful in helping remove that excess dirt and oil on the face. It also contains some components that can help kill the bacteria causing whiteheads and other forms of acne.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Using a cotton ball, place the apple cider vinegar mixed in with the water in the affected area of the face.
- Leave the solution on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
8.Apply Strawberries to get rid of whiteheads on nose
The main reason why strawberries can be useful is that of its texture. It is not as soft as other fruits in general. Strawberries can help remove dirt trapped under the skin. It can also remove dead skin cells that might cause whiteheads.
- Mash the strawberries until you make a paste.
- Place a tablespoon of honey to make the paste even stickier.
- Spread the paste on the face evenly.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Do this about twice a week.
- Lime Juice
Lemon juice or lime contains some antioxidant properties that can efficiently help get rid of whiteheads on the skin. Lime juice can also remove dead, seated oil under the skin that might be causing whiteheads.
- Mix lime juice with groundnut oil to make a solution.
- Apply the solution to the affected areas of the face.
- Do this regularly for the best results.
10.Try Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is another home remedy that can work efficiently as an astringent. It can remove the oil trapped under the skin. Other than that, it can also effectively remove the whiteheads because it has antibacterial properties.
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Dab the tea tree oil in affected areas.
- Place on the skin and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with clean and cold water.
11.Wash your face twice daily
Whiteheads are usually formed when the skin becomes clogged because of various factors such as oil, dirt, and bacteria. You can use a gentle and non-oily facial wash to eliminate those things on the surface of the skin by washing twice daily.
12.Try Benzoyl Peroxide Cream
Benzoyl peroxide cream is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions. Benzoyl Peroxide can help kills the bacteria at the surface of the skin and unclog the pores of the dead skin. Remember if you are allergic to any ingredient in benzoyl peroxide cream do not use benzoyl peroxide cream.
13.Try Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid can help to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin like peroxide. It can also help slow down the shedding of skin cells to prevent pores from becoming blocked on the nose and chin.
Retinoid creams having levels of Vitamin A are useful for many skin problems like whiteheads, wrinkles and fine lines. Apply retinoid cream to your nose and chin or affected area. It can unclog pores and promote cell turnover helps.
15.Use Honey to get rid of whiteheads
Honey is a wonderful property to get rid of whiteheads. Honey has antibacterial properties while is good to improve your skin’s blood circulation to make your skin smooth and healthy.
Aloe Vera is the natural healing accelerator for cuts, scrapes, and minor burns. Aloe can also help eliminate scarring as well as reduce acne symptoms like blackheads or whiteheads.
Baking soda is a good ingredient to get rid of whiteheads because it can remove anything clogging your skin pores. Mix Water with baking soda to form a paste that is thick. Massage the paste into your skin.
- Coriander Leaves
Coriander leaves have many medicinal properties. You can use a paste of coriander leaves juice to treat pimples and whiteheads.
You can use yogurt to cleanse your skin and get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
Wash your face with mild water first. Make a mixture of salt and some toothpaste. Apply this paste to your nose and chin. Rub it for one minute and after that wash your face with clean and warm water.
Peel and mash a small tomato to make a tomato paste. Apply the tomato paste on your whiteheads. Wait for at least 30 minutes. Wash your face with water.
Apply a spoonful of oatmeal scrub on your skin and gently exfoliate in a circular motion. .Massage for 5 minutes gently, and then rinse it off with warm water.
Here are 22 best natural remedies to get rid of whiteheads on nose and chin fast. Make sure you stick with one or two solution to get the best result!