It is likely that you are not aware that whiteheads are actually a form of acne. Whiteheads are commonly seen in the face, especially on the nose and chin.Whiteheads are usually formed when the skin becomes clogged because of various factors such as oil, dirt and bacteria.
There are times when people cannot distinguish whiteheads from blackheads. Do remember that blackheads are black in color while whiteheads may be white or yellow hence the name. The reason why whiteheads retain the white color is because it usually forms below the skin. They do not get oxidized.This article will show you how to get rid of whiteheads on nose fast and naturally.
Causes of Whiteheads On Nose and Chin
Here are some common causes why whiteheads are acquired:
- Hormonal Changes – if you are undergoing puberty or you are undergoing any hormonal changes, it is likely that you will have more whiteheads than usual. Do remember that once your hormones go back to normal, you will have lesser bouts with whiteheads and other forms of acne.
- Products – There are times when instead of making skin better, some skin products will only harm the skin. Whiteheads may be produced because of this.
- Too Much Oil(Excess Exfoliation) in the Pores – When the skin is too oily, it becomes a good trap for trip and bacteria. This makes it possible for whiteheads and other form of acne to form on the skin.
- Other causes like bacteria and dead skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Whiteheads On Chin and Nose
While there are various skin products that you can purchase from stores that will help get rid of whiteheads and blackheads
1.Try Lemon Juice
Lemon is known to be rich in Vitamin C. Aside from that, it also has other components that can make it good for the skin. This can help make the skin rejuvenate faster too and can help eliminate whiteheads entirely.
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Take out the lemon juice and remove the lemon skin.
- Rub the lemon skin on the face for a few minutes.
- Do this twice a week.
2.Apply Steam to get rid of whiteheads on nose
A lot of people know that steaming is done just before basic facial cleansing is done in dermatologists and spas. What it does is it helps open up the pores of the skin. As a result, it will be easier for whiteheads to be removed from the skin. At the same time, other bacteria and dirt can also be removed to make the skin smoother and clearer.
- Boil a cup of water.
- After the water comes to a boil, place it on a clean container.
- Place face over the container.
- Steam for about 10 minutes.
- Pat dry with a clean towel afterwards.
3.Wonders Of Oatmeal
Ever wondered why there are a lot of oatmeal soaps and other oatmeal based products that are being created in order to be used for the face? This is because oatmeal works to exfoliate the face; it can help remove dead skin as well as bacteria that may be left on the face.
- Prepare powdered oatmeal and mix it in with a cup of unflavored yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients together and place on the skin for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water then cold water to close the pores.
- Do this process about twice a week.
A lot of people do not realize that sandalwood powder is considered to be one of the safest home remedies that can be placed on the skin because it is mild. What it does is it takes out and removes excess oil from the face so that the appearance of whiteheads can be lessened.
- Prepare some sandalwood powder and add rose water (water with rose petal extract).
- Mix the two ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the face for about 10 minutes.
- Wash with warm water afterwards.
5.Use Sugar Scrub
A lot of people do not know what else sugar can do aside from making some of the homemade delicacies sweeter. Sugar is also known to exfoliate quite well and when placed on the skin can help remove dead skin cells and trapped dirt and bacteria underneath the skin.
- Mix honey and sugar together to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the face gently.
- Massage the paste all over the face. Make sure that the whole face is covered.
- Leave the paste on the face for about 10 minutes.
- Wipe off using a clean wash cloth.
- Rinse residue with water.
- Do this once a week.
What you probably do not realize is that some of the other home remedies will only help get rid of the whiteheads temporarily but with fenugreek leaves, you can be sure that this will help remove whiteheads for good if this home remedy will be done for a certain period of time. This can be very effective on the nose.
- Make a paste made out of Fenugreek leaves and water.
- Place the paste on the face and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wipe off the paste.
- Wash the residue with cold water.
7.Apple Cider Vinegar
If you do not have any astringent or you have run out of toner, do you know that you can use Apple Cider Vinegar instead? It can be very effective in helping remove that excess dirt and oil on the face. It also contains some components that can help kill the bacteria causing whiteheads and other forms of acne.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Using a cotton ball, place the apple cider vinegar mixed in with the water on the affected area of the face.
- Leave the solution on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
8.Apply Strawberries to get rid of whiteheads on nose
You might be surprised to see that strawberries are actually a part of the list. The main reason why it can be effective is because of its texture. It is not as soft as other berries or as soft as other fruits in general. It can help remove dirt that has been trapped under the skin. It can also be used to remove dead skin cells that might cause the appearance of whiteheads.
- Mash the strawberries until a paste is made.
- Place a tablespoon of honey to make the paste even stickier.
- Spread the paste on the face evenly.
- Leave on for about 15 minutes.
- Do this about twice a week.
Like lemon juice, lime also contains some anti oxidant properties that can effectively help get rid of blackheads that can be found on the skin. Lime juice can also remove dead seated oil under the skin that might be causing whiteheads.
- Mix lime juice with groundnut oil in order to make a solution.
- Apply the solution on the affected areas of the face.
- Do this regularly for the best results.
10.Try Tea Tree Oil
Like Apple Cider Vinegar, this is also another home remedy that can work effectively as an astringent. What it does is it actually removes the oil that may be trapped under the skin. Other than that, it can also effectively remove whiteheads because it has antibacterial properties.
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Dab the tea tree oil on affected areas.
- Place on the skin and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with clean and cool water.
11.Wash your face twice daily
Whiteheads are usually formed when the skin becomes clogged because of various factors such as oil, dirt and bacteria.You can use a gentle and non-oily facial wash to eliminate surface of the skin by washing twice daily.
12.Try Benzoyl Peroxide Cream
Benzoyl peroxide cream is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions. Benzoyl Peroxide can help kills the bacteria at the surface of the skin and unclog the pores of the dead skin.Remember if you are allergic to any ingredient in benzoyl peroxide cream do not use benzoyl peroxide cream.
13.Try Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid can help to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin like peroxide. It can also help slow down the shedding of skin cells to prevent pores from becoming blocked on the nose and chin.
Retinoid creams having levels Vitamin A which are recommended for many skin problems like whiteheads, wrinkles and fine lines. Apply retinoid cream in your nose and chin or affected area. It can unclog pores and promote cell turnoverhelps.
15.Use Honey to get rid of whiteheads
Aloe vera is the natural healing accelerator for cuts, scrapes, and minor burns.Aloe can also help eliminate scarring as well as reduce acne symptoms like blackheads or whiteheads.
Baking soda is a good ingredient to get rid of whiteheads because it can remove anything clogging your skin pores.Mix Water with baking soda to form a paste that is thick. Message the paste into your skin.
Coriander leaves have many medicinal properties.You can use a paste of coriander leaves juice to treat pimples and whiteheads.
You can use yogurt to cleanse your skin and get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
Wash you face with mild face wash first. Make a mixture of salt and some toothpaste. Apply this paste to your nose and chin. Rub it for one minute and after that wash your face with clean and warm water.
Peel and mash a small tomato to make a tomato paste. Apply the tomato paste on your whiteheads. Wait for at least 30 minutes. Wash your face with water.
Apply a spoonful of oatmeal scrub on your skin and gently exfoliate in a circular motion.Massage for 5 minutes gently, and then rinse it off with warm water.
Here are just some of the things that can be done in order to help get rid of whiteheads on nose and chin easily. Make sure that these home remedies are done properly for the best effect.