How to use hydrogen peroxide in ear for ear wax removal?You may be familiar with Hydrogen Peroxide also known as H202. This is an item that most people have at home because it can be used for a variety of different things. It is known to clean wounds. You may even use hydrogen peroxide in order to bleach your hair. Definitely, the things that hydrogen peroxide can do may be wide ranged.
Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide
Here are some of the things that you can do with the use of hydrogen peroxide:
- For Acne – For those who are suffering from acne, the use of hydrogen peroxide as a toner can help clear up the skin.
- Disinfecting Brushes and Toothbrushes – Do you think that your hairbrush needs to be cleaned? You may clean it further with the use of hydrogen peroxide. You may also make sure that your toothbrush is clean if you would use hydrogen peroxide to clean your toothbrush.
- Whitens Nails – If in case you have left your nail polish on your nails too long or if your nails are brittle and weak, you may use hydrogen peroxide in order to make them appear healthier. Having whiter nails can make your nails look better.
- Whitens Teeth – Do you think that your teeth can be improved if only it would be whiter? You know that this is possible if you use hydrogen peroxide as one of the cleaning agents that you will use for your teeth.
- Kills Mouth Bacteria – There will be moments when brushing your teeth is not enough. There will be moments when you would need to use a mouthwash in order to further kill off the bacteria stuck on your mouth but if you want something that you can use easily, hydrogen peroxide may work as well.
Aside from the things that are mentioned above, there are still other uses of hydrogen peroxide that you ought to know about. One of the most popular uses of hydrogen peroxide is for ear wax removal. This may be something that you have planned on doing for quite some time but you are not sure how you are going to pull it off.
When it comes to ear wax, you have to know that everyone produces them. Others are able to remove it with ease while there are also some who have not quite gotten to know how to clean their ears appropriately. As a result, too much ear wax becomes stuck on the ear. Generally, ear wax can help protect the ear from dirt and other harmful substances but too much ear wax can also hinder people from hearing. At the same time, too much ear wax can be a breeding ground for bacteria to grow.
Items That You Need
You have to know that before you start with the process of removing ear wax with the use of hydrogen peroxide, you first have to make sure that you have all of the items that you may possibly need such as the following:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hair Dryer
- Rubber Bulb Syringe
- Olive Oil
Once you have all the items that you may possibly need, it is time for you to start with the process.
How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide in Ear for Ear Wax Removal
- Make sure that you will heat the olive oil until it is warm. Once it is warm, you can get about 2 – 3 drops of the oil.
- You would have to tilt your head to one side. Take note that the ear that you are going to clean would have to be facing the ceiling. This will allow you to clean the earwax appropriately.
- You can first place the oil on the ear canal and wait for the oil to settle. Remember not to place too much as this can also get stuck on your ear.
- You can then prepare about 4 – 5 drops of Hydrogen Peroxide that you are going to drop on your ear.
- You can wait for about 10 – 15 minutes. It is normal for you to hear some bubbling sounds in the process. You may also begin to feel that your ear is a bit itchy and ticklish.
- After you feel that the bubbling sounds of your ear have stopped, you would then need to tilt your head towards the other side to allow the hydrogen peroxide and the oil to drain on their own. Some softened ear wax may also begin to drain so pay attention to this so that you can clean it appropriately.
- The same procedure would need to be done on the other ear.
- If in case you still feel that a bit of ear wax is stuck on your ear, you would need to use the rubber bulb syringe. You would need to squeeze the bulb so that water will squirt inside the ear. This will remove the impacted ear wax and allow the ear wax to be drained along with the hydrogen peroxide and oil.
- There will be times when you would need to repeat this process daily for a certain number of days until the ear wax that has been stuck becomes fully removed from your ear. You need to be patient as you really have to allot time in order to remove ear wax from your ears with the use of hydrogen peroxide.
Other Tips to Remember
You have to remember that cleaning your ears with hydrogen peroxide would have to be done with caution since the ears are highly sensitive. You need to make sure that you will protect them at all times.
If you have an ongoing ear infection or if you suspect that you have an ear infection, you are not recommended to do the procedure mentioned above as this may only aggravate or worsen your current condition. As much as possible, you would need to have your infection cleared first before you can do this.
This is also not recommended for people who have sensitive skin as there are instances when people with sensitive skin who do this get allergies after some time. This may only cause irritation and problems in the long run.
Here are some more tips:
- When using a Q – tip to get rid of the excess wax, it is recommended that the wax will be removed delicately. You would have to avoid placing the q – tip deep inside the ear as this may push the earwax downwards. This may also cause ear infection.
- You would need to dry your outer ear appropriately with water, if you would not do this, there is a big possibility that bacteria can grow outside your ear and this will not be pleasant as this can lead to infection.
- There may be a need for you to dilute the hydrogen peroxide before you can place it on your ear because if you would not do this, the hydrogen peroxide may prove to be too strong for your ear.
If in case the use of hydrogen peroxide did not do a lot in order to clear the ear wax from your ears, you need to seek the help of a medical professional immediately.