One of your main problems with your skin right now is your large pores. You think that they are unsightly because they can make you look older yet you do not know how you can get rid of them. A lot of people with oily skin are prone to getting large pores especially on the nose area. You may become so self conscious about it that your self esteem has decreased a bit.
There are different products that you can use in order to get rid of the large pores on your nose but these merchandise may be full of chemicals that will be harmful or irritating for your skin. There are also some items that may end up making your skin’s condition worse than it was. You do not want this to happen.
Remember that before knowing the remedies on how you can get rid of the large pores on your nose, you should first know the reasons why you have it in the first place.
Causes of Large Pores on Nose
- Age – Even if you do not want to admit it, your age can be a huge factor in the size of your pores. Your skin will lose its elasticity as you age so the pores may become enlarged and never go back to their original size afterwards.
- Excess Oil – Like mentioned earlier, having large pores is one of the main problems of people with oily skin. People with excess sebum will clog the pores especially if the oil becomes mixed in with dirt and other particles.
- Sun Exposure – Do you get exposed to the heat of the sun frequently? If you answer yes then you already know the reason why you have large pores on your nose. When you become exposed to the sun, you decrease the amount of collagen that you can find on your skin. At the same time, you can expect that your skin will not be as elastic as before due to the lack of collagen.
How to Prevent Large Pores on Nose
As they always say, it is always best if you can prevent the enlargement of your pores rather than try to get rid of the pores when they have already grown in size. You need to formulate an effective skin remedy that you will follow every day. Usually, you need certain steps in order to cleanse your skin properly.
You would need to wash your face before going to sleep at night to get rid of the dirt that have gotten stuck on your face. Next, you need to use a toner in order to get rid of dirt that was not removed by water. You also need to moisturize your skin appropriately.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Large Pores on Nose Fast
Why do you need to purchase products that will only proceed in exposing your skin to harmful chemicals when you have the option to use natural remedies in order to improve your skin’s condition and make your pores smaller? Get to know some of the remedies that you can do to diminish the size of your pores.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a good treatment for the large pores that you have all over your face. This can be used as your toner after you have washed your face because it can help get rid of the impurities found on your face that water was not able to remove thoroughly. At the same time, this can neutralize the skin’s pH balance and make pores smaller.
- You need to search for organic apple cider vinegar and mix it in with equal amounts of water.
- Using a cotton ball, place the mixture on the areas where the pores are large particularly the nose.
- Leave on the face for a few minutes or so before rinsing.
- This needs to be done every day until you get your desired results.
You know that steam will be able to open up your pores more and you may be wondering how this can be helpful. When you steam your face, you are increasing the chances that you will remove dirt and oil on your skin that may cause your pores to expand.
- Pour warm water in a bowl or basin.
- Place a towel over your head as you place your face or the affected skin area on top of the bowl.
- Steam for your face for about 3 minutes.
- After steaming, pat your face with the use of a clean towel.
- Lemon Juice
You may know lemon juice for its naturally bleaching property but lemon juice can do a lot more not only for your body but also for your skin. The natural enzymes that can be found in lemon juice can help make the skin tighter than before.
- Prepare a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place lemon juice and mix together before placing on the affected skin area.
- Leave on the skin for a few minutes before removing.
- Green Tea
A lot of people love green tea because of its numerous benefits. Most people know that green tea is used to increase people’s metabolism and at the same time, it can have a lot of advantages for the body that the body truly needs. Green tea may also act as an astringent for the face.
- You need to choose the right green tea brand that you think will be effective for your skin.
- Brew the tea in a teapot.
- Get the tea afterwards and let it cool down a bit.
- This can be done about 1x or 2x a week to get rid of your blemishes effectively.
- Egg White
Do you know what an egg white can do? This is known to be the “healthy” part of an egg although a lot of people just try it out because they are curious to know what it can do for the skin in general. This can help get rid of your blemishes and at the same time, it may be able to lessen the size of the big pores that you have on your face.
- Use two eggs.
- Remove the yolk from the eggs.
- You may apply lemon to the egg white in order to make it more effective.
- Place on your face and wait for about 30 minutes.
- This can be done about 2 – 3 tines a week
- Ice Cubes
You may be surprised by how easy you can use this because ice cubes are usually readily available inside your house. Ice cubes can help diminish the size of your pores because of the temperature. Naturally, when you expose yourself to cooler climates, you can also expect that your pores will be narrower.
- Get a clean cloth.
- Place the ice cubes inside the cloth.
- Apply the cloth on different parts of the face particularly on the large pores in order to shrink them properly.
- If in case you do not have ice cubes ready, you can also take a cold bath to decrease the size of your pores.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is known to be used for a wide variety of things. Aside from the fact that it is already popular because of its many uses, a lot of people swear that the effect of using baking soda to decrease pores is highly effective. Remember that baking soda can help exfoliate the skin which can prevent the amount of dirt found on the skin that may increase pore size.
- Baking soda should be mixed with warm water first.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the skin.
- Massage the baking soda on the nose area for a certain period of time. Remember to massage in circular motion to make it more effective.
- Rinse with cool water.
- You may need to apply moisturizer afterwards because you skin may already be too dry because of the use of baking soda.
Do you ever wonder why there are some products that contain sugar? This is because sugar can exfoliate the skin effectively. When you exfoliate, you are removing various imperfections found on your skin.
- You can prepare your very own sugar scrub.
- Make sure that you will have just the right amount of sugar to cover the affected area.
- Leave on the skin for about 10 minutes or so.
- Rinse off with the use of cool water.
- This may be done twice a week because too much exfoliating will be bad for the skin too.
You want to use an item that will effectively tighten your pores and make them smaller. You can never go wrong with using plain yogurt. The lactic acid in yogurt is responsible for getting rid of the impurities of the skin. At the same time, yogurt can be effective in reducing the amount of oil found on the surface of the skin.
- You have to choose plain yogurt to place on the affected skin area.
- Place thoroughly and leave for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- This is best done before you take a bath so that you can get rid of it easily.
Can you still think of other home remedies that can be effective in reducing the size of the pores that can be found in your hone? You do not have to wallow in self pity every time you see your enlarged pores because with the use of the right remedy, you can definitely improve your skin’s appearance.