How to whiten your skin fast and naturally at home?There are a lot of people who wish to have flawlessly white skin. Some people are born with it while others would have to work harder in order to get it. People from some countries believe that having whiter skin will make them more attractive.
Skin color is dependent on the pigment of the skin called melanin. Melanin provides melanocytes. Usually, the more melanocytes the skin has, the darker the skin is going to be. There are some people who naturally have white skin however who get darker skin afterwards because of the following reasons:
- Being exposed to the sun’s rays – There are some people who intentionally do this in order to get a tan. Even tanning booths are well liked because those who are blessed with white skin would like to darken their skin.
- Prolonged exposure to polluted air – People’s skin may become darker when it is always exposed to various chemicals that contribute to air pollution.
- Heavy cosmetic use – There are some cosmetics that contain certain chemicals that can darken skin over time.
- Aging – As people age, their skin may become less supple and may also turn darker.
- Improper Lifestyle – There are times when people’s improper lifestyle can contribute to the darkening of their skin. If you do not want this to happen to you, you can always be conscious of the food that you eat and you will do more activities that will improve your skin and body.
15 Natural Ways to Lighten Skin Fast at Home
There are times when you will be tempted to use whitening products that can be purchased in different stores. Aside from being expensive, they may contain some chemicals that will do more harm than good in the long run. Some natural home remedies will be better for your skin because they are effective and safe at the same time.
Are you already curious to know what home remedies you can use to whiten your skin naturally? Here are just a few that you can try:
Tomatoes can naturally whiten the skin because it contains bleaching and whitening properties. They are also rich in Vitamin C. As a bonus, they can also act as astringent. If you have oily skin or if you are prone to getting acne, using tomatoes on your skin can also improve your skin’s condition.
- You would have to mash the tomatoes to a pulp.
- Place the pulp on the skin and wait for it to become dry.
- Add another layer of the tomato pulp and again, wait for it to dry up.
- Wait for the tomatoes natural ingredients to do wonders to your skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- You may have to do this every day to get your desired results.
When you were still young, you were told that you have to drink milk because it contains calcium. The calcium in milk can also be used in order to improve your skin’s condition. When your skin is dry, this can cause your skin to become darker than usual. Milk will prevent this from happening. Milk also contains lactic acid so that the skin’s pigmentation will increase.
- Heated milk will work better so make sure that you will heat your milk before you use it.
- Use a clean cloth in order to apply the milk on your dry skin. Make sure that the milk is not that hot anymore.
- Massage the milk on the skin for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- This needs to be done daily for about 2 weeks if you want to get the best results.
- Mulberry Extract
If you would check out a lot of your cosmetic products, you will see that mulberry extract is one of the main ingredients. This is effective in improving the melanin production of the skin. Aside from that Mulberry extract contains gallic acid, fatty acids, quercetin and many more that can be good for the skin.
- If you can get mulberry extract, you can add it to any of your skin products.
- Apply the skin product to your skin.
- This needs to be done twice daily in order to make your skin naturally whiter.
- Aloe Vera
You may know that Aloe Vera is good for the hair because it can help reduce the possibility of hair fall. At the same time, Aloe Vera can also make the hair naturally thicker. It also has some good properties for the skin. Aloe Vera contains Aloesin which can improve the production of melanin on the skin so you can expect that your skin will be brighter and smoother.
- Make sure that you will get an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Get the gel from the Aloe Vera leaf and apply on your skin.
- You would have to do this four times a day for a couple of weeks.
- Once you start seeing the effects, you can lessen the number of times that you can apply it on your skin.
- If in case you do not have access to real Aloe Vera, you can always get Aloesin extract from the drugstore and apply this on your skin like how you would apply Aloe Vera gel.
Do you wonder why there are a lot of skin products that contain honey? This is because it is also known to be naturally good for the skin. Honey can bleach and moisturize the skin. This can help remove the dead skin cells so that the skin will look brighter and lighter.
- Make sure that you will choose pure and organic honey.
- Once you have chosen something effective, you can apply it on your skin.
- Leave for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this every day to get the best results.
If you would check a lot of whitening soaps, you will see that papaya is one of the best that you can have. This contains natural bleaching properties and nutrients that can naturally whiten the skin. If you would buy whitening soaps and products that contain papaya, you cannot be sure with the other chemicals that have been mixed with it.
- Slice the papaya.
- Mush the papaya before applying it on the skin.
- Leave on the skin until it is dry.
- Remove the papaya on the skin with cold water.
One of the reasons why skin tends to become darker is because old skin still has not been removed from the surface of the skin. You would like to improve your cell growth and you can do this by using oatmeal in order to exfoliate the skin. Oatmeal can remove the dead skin that has been stuck on the surface of your skin for quite some time.
- You would need to mix oatmeal with tomato juice in order to make this more effective.
- Apply it on your dark skin.
- Leave on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Remember to gently scrub your skin so you will be removing your dead skin cells.
- This needs to be done every day.
Have you ever wondered why you need to place this on your eyes whenever your eye bags are dark? This is because it can naturally lighten your skin. You can also place this on other parts of your skin so that it will become lighter. This can make the skin firmer and in turn, the skin will look lighter than usual.
- You need to grate cucumber first.
- Add honey so that this will be more effective.
- This can be used as a mask.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Do this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night to naturally lighten the skin.
Even though turmeric has gained popularity now, there was a time when Turmeric is only popular in India. Turmeric is known to improve the complexion of the skin. Turmeric can help even out the skin tone. Since turmeric has anti oxidant properties, it can help remove the toxins on the skin so that the skin can improve greatly.
- Turmeric powder can be mixed in with milk.
- Place on the skin.
- Leave on your skin until it dries up.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- This needs to be done every day so that you can get the best results.
- Lemon Juice
You know that skin lightening will not be complete without lemon juice. This contains natural astringent properties which means that pores will become naturally smaller and will also reduce sebum production. At the same time, lemon juice also contains Vitamin C so that the skin will improve. Lemon juice should not be placed on open wounds. Aside from the fact that it will hurt a lot, it will not be good for your skin.
- Remember that when you apply lemon juice on your skin, your skin will become more sensitive.
- You may want to dilute the lemon juice before you place it on your skin.
- Do this a few times a week.
There are a lot of uses of yogurt and this can be highly effective for the skin as well. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which can help improve the skin’s condition. At the same time, yogurt has bleaching properties that can make the skin lighter than usual.
- Choose unflavored yogurt instead of flavored one to improve the skin.
- Once placed on the skin, massage it for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Do this every day in order to get the best results.
Like lemons, oranges contain Vitamin C that can be very helpful for skin care. If you have always taken vitamins and supplements that contain Vitamin C, you know that oranges can also be good for your skin. Orange can naturally lighten the skin because of its natural bleaching agent.
- Orange juice can be mixed in with turmeric powder.
- Apply on the portions of your skin that you would like to lighten.
- This is best to be placed on your skin at night and rinsed away from your skin in the morning.
- Do this every night so you can get the best results.
- Almond Oil
There are some people who naturally love eating almonds because of its health benefits. This can be an alternative to junk food especially for people who are craving some snacks. Almond oil also contains unsaturated fatty acids, minerals and various vitamins that can naturally improve the skin and make it lighter.
- Heat the almond oil for a while before applying it on the skin.
- Massage the skin for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Do this every day for two weeks until you start seeing visible results.
- You may lessen the number of times that you are going to apply it on your skin as time goes by.
- Kojic Acid
Over the past years, more and more types and brands of Kojic soaps have appeared. Kojic acid comes from mushrooms and other fungi. Basically, this can help inhibit the formation of melanin on the skin’s upper layer. While Kojic Acid was first used in Japan, it is now available in various parts of the world as a natural skin whitener.
- Rinse the skin that you would apply Kojic Acid to.
- Apply the Kojic Acid on the skin.
- Do this twice every day for a couple of months for the best results.
You may be surprised to see potato on this list but you should not be because potato contains some mild bleaching properties that can help make the skin naturally whiter and firmer. This can clear away dead skin cells that may cause the skin to look darker than usual.
- The potato’s skin should be peeled off.
- Extract the juice from the potato.
- Leave on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse of the potato juice from the skin with water.
- Do this twice every day so that you can get the best results.
It is evident that there are different things that you can do in order to improve your skin’s condition. You can achieve naturally lighter and whiter skin by doing the above mentioned home remedies. Out of all the ones listed above, which one is the most effective for you? Feel free to share your story and opinion.