Are you having a hard time trying to lose weight? You are not alone. There are different people all over the world who have this problem too. Most people do not know where to start so they just give up. While there are some people who embrace their naturally curvy bodies, some people would like to lose weight not because they find themselves fat but because they want to be healthy.
If you are determined to lose weight, you first have to accept that there is no easy solution. You might assume that you have to find the right pills or the right beverage that will help promote weight loss but even if these would be temporarily effective, the time would come when they would stop working. Your fat cells that never went away, will start searching for more food. The more that you feed it, the bigger that you are going to get afterwards.
There are some lifestyle changes that you are going to make and be prepared cause it is not going to be easy. Once you get used to these habits however, it will be easier to lose the excess weight that you have gained and maintain it. You will be able to feel healthy and stay healthy for a long period of time. Here are some of the habits that you have to start now:
9 Habits to Help You Lose Weight Fast
- Eat 5 – 6 meals every day instead of 3 large meals
From the beginning of time, people are recommended to eat three times. Over the past years, people have been eating larger and larger meals and this has contributed to a lot of people’s weight gain. In order to stop this from happening, you are recommended to take about 5 – 6 small meals every day. When you do this, you have the tendency to eat smaller meals because you still feel more full. You will also consume lesser calories than usual.
- When you eat 5- 6 meals every day, your body releases a lesser amount of insulin which will help you feel fuller than usual.
- When you have a steady blood sugar, you will not feel too hungry.
- Eating 5 – 6 times a day will also reduce your cravings for unhealthy food products.
- Never forget to eat breakfast
There will be days when upon waking up, breakfast is the last thing on your mind. Most people would look for coffee in the morning because they feel that they can only start to function once coffee energizes them enough. When you eat breakfast however, this can be good for your system. Try to put a lot of thought into the breakfast that you are going to eat every day because this will make a huge difference.
- Look for breakfast that will give you the nutrients that you need without packing extra pounds. For example, you may want to try overnight oats with chia seeds, a bit of vanilla and low fat milk. Then eat this several times every week. It will be recognized by your body and will help you lose weight eventually.
- Try to eat breakfast at the same time every day because this will help establish a routine that will allow your body to look forward to breakfast when you wake up.
- Include enough protein and fiber from time to time with your breakfast meals so you will feel fuller throughout the day.
- Consume high calorie food sparingly
If you have always consumed food products that are high in calories before you decided that you would like to lose weight, you know that you have to change this at present time. You can only take it if you have accomplished something really good for yourself or when there is a special occasions but on normal days, stick to your diet. After some time, you will realize that you are not craving for these food products anymore.
- If you cannot last a day without sweets, you can have yogurt with fresh fruit instead of eating a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream.
- If you would like to have some chips, look for healthier chips that are made out of other ingredients other than potatoes.
- When eating food, avoid those that are ried as these have more fat.
- Learn how you can eat slowly
How fast do you eat when you are with your whole family or even when you are alone? There are some people who can eat in a matter of minutes because they do not chew their food well. Studies sow that people who eat fast will consume more food than those who eat slowly. When you eat slow, you will immediately feel if you are full.
- You are recommended to chew your food about 10 times before you swallow it.
- Do not put too much food on your fork or your spoon immediately.
- Eating slower can be more effective if you are eating with someone that you can speak with because you will put down your utensils more often. Remember that you are recommended to put down your utensils after you take a bite.
- Drink lots of water every day
Do you realize that water is very beneficial for you? There are a lot of people who dislike drinking water because of its taste but water ca make a lot of changes with your body. When you drink water, you will be removing your toxins faster from your body.
- 8 – 10 glasses of water every day will surely help but it may change depending on your body type, your weight and height.
- If you do not like the clear taste of water, you can still consume fluids by including clear soups as a part of your diet. Perhaps you can place spinach soup and a few onions.
- You can also drink 2 cups of water before each meal so you will feel fuller. This will help you consume a lesser amount of food.
- Do grocery shopping after eating
Did you ever notice that every time you would do you grocery shopping before eating, your bill would be higher? This is because you become more attracted to various food products that you will see in the supermarket. You will have the tendency to get more than usual. The snacks that you will get are not exactly healthy either.
- It is also best if you would prepare a list of the things that you need to shop ahead of time so that you will not go beyond what you have written.
- Take time to read the nutritional facts about the items that you will pick out from the supermarket. As long as you have knowledge about what is good for you and what is not, you will be able to pick out the right items to place in your cart.
- When you have too much food in your home, do not shop yet.
- Eat your food from a plate
You may be thinking at this point that this is where you would always eat your food but there will be moments when you would feel the need to eat from a bowl or in some places, you can eat from a banana leaf. When you change the item where you are going to place your food, you will have the tendency to eat more.
- Remember that when you eat food while standing up, the meal that you have had will be forgettable. You may still look for another meal afterwards.
- Do not eat from packages because they will have the tendency to make your food look smaller than it actually is.
- When you eat from a plate, you will be consciously enjoying your food and you will be relishing it more too.
- Do not eat after dinner
This should be self explanatory but there are still some people who cannot help themselves, they still love to eat after dinner especially if they cannot stop their cravings. When you eat after dinner, you will have the tendency to pack in more calories than what you should consume throughout the day.
- If you are still feeling hungry, you may reach for a drink that is somewhat tasty because this will help get rid of the craving without much calories.
- You can also consume chamomile tea instead. This will help relax you and it has a pleasant taste that you will love.
- You can also eat hard candy if you want something that you can feel inside your mouth.
- Brush your teeth 30 minutes after you have eaten dinner.
- If you snack during day time, this can be considered as one of your meals
Even if you are recommended to eat 5 – 6 times a day, remember that you cannot consume small meals and still take some snacks throughout the day. That would be like eating 7 – 8 times and it would be too much for your body to take.
- Try to limit your snacks and try to make your snacks small too.
- Pay attention to the right snacks that you are going to eat.
- It is best to have snacks that are composed of complex carbohydrates with a bit of protein.
With all of these habits that you are going to start doing, you know that your health can improve and you will start losing the excess weight that you have gained.