Most people have moles. This is the result of having too many melanocytes on the skin. If in case you are not familiar with what melanocytes are, this is in charge of melanin which gives the skin color. There are times when people do not mind their moles, or they are quite happy with the moles that they have, but there are also some who would like to get rid of moles on their face because of the way that they look.
For some people, it is essential to get rid of their moles because they might be cancerous. Usually, cancerous moles have a specific look, and they tend to change in shape, color and size. It will be wise to seek the advice of the doctor if you suspect that your mole may be cancerous. If in case your mole is regular yet you would like to get rid of it, do not undergo mole removal surgeries and treatments just yet. Why not try doing some home remedies to get rid of your moles first? You may never know, these methods may work.
What Are Moles?
You know how moles look like but what are they? Moles are pigmented cells that can develop in various parts of the skin. They can appear in various parts of the body. The appearance of the mole can be different from one person to another. Some may have moles that are flat and dark while others will have protruding moles that are light-colored.
The Main Causes of Moles
There are various reasons why some people have more moles than others. If you have a lot of moles, these are the possible reasons:
- You have overactive melanocytes that are causing too much melanin. The increased melanin can lead to protruding moles.
- If you are normally exposed to sunlight, you will become more prone to developing moles on various parts of your body.
- If you have oily skin and your sebaceous glands are working overtime, this may give rise to moles on your skin.
There are some moles that form while people are still babies while there are others who only develop moles as they grow older. Genetics can play a significant role in the number of moles that can be found on a person’s body.
If you believe that you have too many moles, do not worry because you can remove them with the use of home remedies.
How to Prevent Moles
To prevent more moles from developing on your skin, here are a few tips to remember:
- Limit your sun exposure. If you need to stay under the sun, make sure that you are well protected. Wear sunscreen and wear clothes that will help protect your skin especially your face from the harsh rays of the sun.
- Check out your moles and note if there are some changes with them. A change in your mole’s appearance may indicate that it is cancerous and should be promptly removed.
- One of the main causes of moles is the accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin. Exfoliate your skin correctly with the use of scrubs.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Moles on Skin Naturally
The number one reason why people use home remedies instead of the usual treatments is that of the expenses that they have to pay. Home remedies are also useful although they may take longer before the moles are completely removed.
If bleeding occurs while you are trying to remove a mole, contact your doctor immediately to prevent the area from becoming infected.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This list will not be complete without the appearance of ACV which is considered one of the most sought-after home remedies that are available at the present time. This is also a useful remedy if you want to get rid of your moles because this is very acidic. It can dry up the mole and it will scab and will be gone after some time.
- Dip a cotton ball in ACV.
- Place the cotton ball on top of the mole.
- Leave on the skin for about 5 hours.
- You would need to do this until the mole starts to form a scab.
- After some time, the mole will remove on its own.
- Banana Peel
If you love eating bananas, then you have a wide array of banana peels that are thrown out. You should not throw away your banana peels just yet because you can use it to remove your moles. Banana peels contain some natural acids and enzymes that can be effective in getting rid of the mole.
- Place a small piece of banana peel on the mole.
- Make sure that the inside of the banana peel will be facing towards the mole.
- Place a bandage over the banana peel.
- Leave on the affected portion overnight.
You may know garlic as your favorite spice to place a lot of your food, but garlic can do so much more than that. It is known to be effective against various skin problems. You can use it to remove blemishes on the skin as well. Garlic can lead to the formation of scab in your mole so that the mole will eventually fall off, leaving your face mole-free.
- Crush a garlic clove to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the mole.
- Leave it on the mole overnight.
- This can be done every day for about three weeks so that the mole can be removed successfully.
This may be something that you use when you want your wounds to get better, but this time, you can also use it to get rid of your moles immediately. Iodine will be able to dry out the area of the mole so that the mole will eventually fall off from your skin.
- Apply a drop of iodine and place it directly on the mole.
- You need to make sure that the iodine will not affect the surrounding area or the skin around the mole.
- This can be done twice a day for a week before you can start seeing results.
- Lemon Juice
If you have always loved lemonade, then you will commonly have a lot of lemons at home. You can use lemons in order get rid of the lemon efficiently. This is meant to make your mole lighter before it will scab and fall off from your skin. This is a bit different from all other remedies that will make the mole darker before it falls off.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and place directly on the mole.
- Place a tape on the cotton ball.
- Leave on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- This can be done once or twice a day.
- Tea Tree Oil
A lot of people swear by the effects of tea tree oil on the skin. This has been used by people for centuries to cure various skin issues and problems. It has astringent properties which will make the mole change color and scab before falling off. This does not have any side effects as long as you would keep the area clean and protected.
- You need to place a small piece of cotton dipped in tea tree oil directly over the mole.
- Place a bandage on it to keep the mole in place.
- Keep on the affected area of the skin for as long as you can.
- Coconut Oil
A lot of people consider coconut oil as one of the main staples that they should have at home. There is no doubt that coconut oil is going to be useful for a lot of purposes. This time, it can be used to get rid of your moles. This can improve the skin and allow the skin to get rid of the moles naturally.
- Just place a drop of coconut oil on the mole.
- Leave it on the mole and go about with your errands as usual.
- This is best done twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
- You will start seeing the results after a week.
- Aloe Vera
What do you know about Aloe Vera? Most people know that Aloe Vera is good for the hair. They may use it to achieve longer and thicker hair naturally, but Aloe Vera can also be used to get rid of moles. This works because it contains a lot of ingredients that will allow it to improve the natural radiance of your skin. This takes longer to get rid of moles compared to the other items that are listed here.
- Clean the area beforehand to prepare it for the mole removal.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel to the mole.
- Cover the mole with a bandage.
- Leave the bandage on the mole for about 3 hours.
- Onion Juice
This is known to be one of the remedies that people choose because this can provide a painless way to remove moles without surgery. Onions contain natural acids that can make the mole fall off easily. This is safe to use, and you will have no problems with it as long as you are not allergic to onion’s natural acids.
- Grate the onion and get its juice.
- Apply the onion juice on the mole.
- Leave the onion juice in the affected area for an hour.
- Rinse off with water.
- Pineapple Juice
There are different things that you can expect to do with pineapple juice, and one of these things is mole removal. Pineapple juice contains high levels of citric acid which can help remove the moles from your face with ease. If you would apply the pineapple juice on the mole regularly, this would make the mole disappear.
- You can get a small slice of pineapple and place it on the affected area.
- Leave the juice on the mole for a few minutes.
- Wash it off.
- This can be done regularly to make the mole disappear completely.
There are different home remedies that you can do that will be effective in removing the moles from various parts of your body. Some may work better than the others so make sure that you make the right choice.