There is a big possibility that you are feeling a bit threatened because of the pain that you are feeling on your left shoulder. You have to remember that your shoulders may not be that easy to move around when you are feeling some pain. Even though the shoulders are not made out of a lot of bones and joints, the simplest problem can cause huge pangs of pain that will be hard to ignore.This article show you some common causes of pain in left shoulder.
There are a lot of people who are having problems with their shoulders when they are already over 55 years old but do you know that at present time, there are some people who get pain in their shoulders even when they are still young? Pain can be brought about by a wide variety of issues. You may have to familiarize yourself with these problems so that you will know what your next step is going to be.
Common Causes of Pain in Left Shoulder
It is important to take note of the various reasons why you may be having some pain on your left shoulder such as the following:
- Poor Posture
Do you think that you are not standing up as a straight as you should? This may be brought about by having poor posture. You have to take a look at your posture when you are standing up. Do you stand up with your shoulders back, your chest out and your stomach in? If not, then you may have to consider changing the way that you stand.
- It may be a bit awkward in the beginning but you have to pay attention to the way that you stand.
- If you find yourself standing or sitting with poor posture, you would have to correct yourself each time.
- There will come a time when your good posture will already be innate and you need not correct your posture anymore.
- Bad Computer Habits
You may have to stay on your computer for a long time because of work. You are too engrossed with what you are doing that you do not realize that your position will not do wonders for your soldiers. Most of the time, when you are using your computer, you are probably hunched over and this can of course, strains your shoulders.
- Sometimes your habits may have started because of having a bad computer chair.
- Choose the right chair that you are going to sit on.
- Try to fix your posture when you are using your computer so that it will be innate and you need not correct yourself every time.
- You may also need to take a break from time to time by walking around a bit and stretching to help your back and shoulder muscles relax.
- Switch your mouse from left to right in order to allow your shoulders to have some sort of balanced while it is being used.
You may think that sprains are only for ankles but this is not the case at all. There are some people, who get sprained shoulders and most of the time, they are not even aware of it. Do you think you are suffering from a sprain? The type of pain that you are feeling may depend on the type of situation that you have been into.
- Try to decide if what you are feeling is simply mild pain or extreme pain.
- You would have to look back on the things that you have done so that you can trace the possible cause of the sprain.
- You may need the help of a medical professional in order to assess your current situation.
- Frozen Shoulder
This is one syndrome that people sometimes feel when their tissues grow so much and become thick that it will be hard to move them. There are times when you may have injured your joints and tissues and you are not even aware of it. This may cause the syndrome even though you are not aware as to how it happened.
- Remember that this condition is common amongst those who are over 40 years of age.
- Have yourself examined by a doctor in order to confirm if you have the condition.
- If in case you have been diagnosed with this condition, you will probably have to undergo therapy in order to improve your condition.
- The amount of therapy that you will do will depend on the severity of your condition.
- Heart Attack
A lot of people even kids are aware what a heart attack is. Basically, it is the condition of the heart wherein the oxygen that it needs will be drastically cut off. When the heart does not have access to oxygen, it will stop pumping. Basically, those who are suffering from a heart attack would begin to feel a sensation similar to heartburn but the pain does not go away. Instead, the pain can travel towards the shoulders and even the neck area.
- If you are experiencing this type of pain, it is best to call someone immediately to be alerted of your condition.
- You may have to be rushed to the emergency room as every second is vital in saving your life.
- This is a life threatening situation that can be averted by having a proper lifestyle. You are recommended to pay attention to your lifestyle even at an early age.
Although the bones and joints that may be found near the shoulder area are limited, this does not mean that the bones cannot be dislocated. Sometimes, the dislocation is brought about by the separation of the bones because they have been removed because of an accident from the joints. Trauma may also cause dislocation.
- Remember that dislocation is a serious matter because it may cause nerves and blood vessels to become damaged.
- It would be best to have yourself checked by a medical doctor especially if you suspect that dislocation is the cause of the pain on your left shoulder.
- You will be recommended to take an X-ray which will determine if you have dislocated your bones.
- Pinched Nerves
This is the condition wherein the nerves are pinched because of a repeated position. When too much pressure is placed on the nerves, the nerves may become inflamed and start throbbing. There are various reasons why people may suffer from pinched nerves. It may be because of a bad sleeping position or having to stay in one position for a long period of time.
- A doctor may be able to assess how severe the condition is.
- The doctor would then recommend the type of treatment that will be done.
- Some medications may also be prescribed in order to stop the pain brought about by the condition.
There are a lot of people who are suffering from arthritis although they are not even aware of it. Most of the time, those who are affected by arthritis are the elderly but probably because of people’s lifestyles, younger people are already suffering from arthritis. When joints are inflamed, this means that people have arthritis.
- There may be various medical treatments that are available which may include surgery and physical therapy.
- There are times when aside from major medical treatments, the intake of medications and lifestyle changes are also recommended.
There may be various reasons why you are suffering from pain in your left shoulder. You have to remember that you need to know the reason why so that you will know the treatments that you should do in the long run.