Left side of human body contains different types of body part including left side chest, left side abdomen, left side neck and much more. Any of the left side organs can feel pain any time due to different kinds of reasons. Most common type of pain in left side is chest pain as well as abdomen pain. Depending on the area and causes of the pain, treatment can vary.
What organs are on your left side of body
Organs on Left Side of the Body
There are different organs that we can find on the left side of the body. Some people would like to know about it because they are curious while others would like to know all the details because they are feeling pain on the left side of their bodies. Admittedly, some people have only learned about the left side organs of the body in school and they never made the effort to get more information about these organs again but in the world right now wherein there are different diseases and conditions, it might be crucial to learn more about our bodies from the inside.
There are some organs that are considered to be mirrors because they have their partner located at the right side of the body. Organs that are ‘mirrored’ are the following:
- Lungs – The lungs are in charge of taking in oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide.
- Kidneys – The kidneys are in charge of cleansing the blood as well as releasing urine that contains toxins.
- Ureter – These are tubes that are in charge of brining the urine from the kidneys going to the bladder. Since people have two kidneys, it is only fitting that there are also two ureters.
- Fallopian Tubes – This is only applicable for females.
- Ovaries – Again, only women have ovaries.
- Testes – This is an organ that is only applicable for men.
- Adrenal Glands – The adrenal glands are attached on top of each kidney. It is in charge of releasing various hormones that will affect the different parts of the body.
Aside from these, there are also some organs that can be found on the left side of the body such as the following:
- Heart – This is a vital part of the cardiovascular system because it is in charge of pumping blood throughout the body. The moment that the heart stops beating, it is only a matter of time before the person dies because if there is not enough blood to sustain the system, the organs of the body will also stop responding.
- Stomach – This is the area wherein the food that we eat goes to. Together with the rest of the digestive system, this is in charge of breaking down the food and getting the vital nutrients that the body needs mostly for energy.
- Spleen – This is a part of the abdomen that is mostly in charge of the production of cells. It also removes cells that are not useful anymore. It is considered to be a part of the immune system so having a weak spleen may mean a weak immune system.
- Pancreas – The pancreas is considered to be a gland and it is located behind the stomach. What it does is it releases digestive enzymes into the duodenum.
- Large Intestine – The large intestine is actually made out of various organs namely the cecum, colon and rectum. This is in charge of getting water from the food products that are received by the body. It is also in charge of storing feces before they are released from the body.
Common Causes of Pain in Left Side
- Food poisoning
- Bowel cancer
- Crohns disease
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Bowel obstruction
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Ovarian cyst
- Trapped wind
- Rectus sheath haematoma
- Kidney stones
- Psoas abscess
- Pyelonephritis (kidney infection)
Different Types of Pain in Left Side, Causes and Treatment
Chest Pain in Left Side
Chest Pain in Left Side
The principal thing you may consider is heart attack when you experience left side chest pain. Positively, pain in left side of your chest is not something to overlook. However, you ought to realize that it has numerous conceivable reasons. Actually, as much as a quarter of the U.S. populace encounters left side chest pain that is not identified with the heart. Left side chest pain might likewise be brought about by issues in your lungs, throat, muscles, ribs, or nerves, for instance. Some of these conditions are not kidding and life undermining. Others are most certainly not. In the event that you have unexplained left side chest pain, the best way to know its cause is to have a specialist assess you.
Cause of Left Side Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease: A blockage in the heart veins that diminishes blood stream and oxygen to the heart muscle itself. This can bring about torment known as angina. It’s a side effect of coronary illness yet normally does not bring about lasting harm to the heart. It is, however, a sign that you are a contender for a heart assault eventually. This pain may spread to your arm, shoulder, jaw, or back. It may feel like a weight or pressing sensation. Angina can be activated by activity, fervor, or enthusiastic misery and is assuaged by rest.
- Esophageal touchiness: This happens when the throat turns out to be extremely agonizing at the littlest change in weight or presentation to corrosive. The reason for the sensitivity is obscure.
- Pleuritis: Otherwise called pleurisy, this condition is an irritation or disturbance of the covering of the lungs as well as left side chest area. You likely feel a sharp torment when you inhale, hack, or sniffle. The most well-known reasons for pleuritic pain in left side are bacterial or viral infections, aspiratory embolism, and pneumothorax.
- Stress: Anxiety can likewise prompt chest pain which may show itself on the left side. You may feel snugness in the left side chest which turns out to be more regrettable or fomented amid times of great anxiety. Poor way of life decisions can likewise prompt conditions which put exorbitant weight on the heart or reason the veins to fix, bringing about agony on the left half of your chest.
- Physical wounds: Physical wounds to the left side can likewise prompt agony on the left side which can be uncomfortable. Straining a muscle, getting a vast wound or squeezing a nerve can bring about the left side to wind up sore.
- Take rest. Avoid any movement that may be bringing about your torment or soreness.
- Ice will lessen torment and swelling. Apply an ice or chilly pack quickly to anticipate or minimize swelling. Apply the ice or frosty pack for 10 to 20 minutes, 3 or more times each day. Following 48 to 72 hours, if swelling is gone, apply warmth to the affected territory.
- Try not to wrap or tape your ribs for backing. This may make you take littler breaths, which could expand your danger for creating pneumonia or fractional lung breakdown.
- Pain relief creams that you put on the skin may calm sore muscles.
- Gentle stretching and back rub may help you improve quicker. Extend gradually to the point just before inconvenience starts, then hold the stretch for 30 to 60 seconds. Do this 3 to 4 times each day. It is truly useful after the utilization of warmth.
Abdomen Pain in Left Side
The left side stomach zone is inclined to different sorts of pain on the grounds that the digestive framework and its numerous supporting organs are situated inside of this district. These pains can influence the whole locale or concentrate on specific territories of the stomach. Left side stomach pain can be activated by various reasons. Symptoms are very common in ladies and the elderly. A portion of the regular reasons that cause torment in this area are the left ovarian maladies or issues with left fallopian tubes. Crohn’s infection, bowel disorder, left ectopic pregnancy, diverticulitis, as well as left ulcerative colitis are the other more normal reasons for the pain in left side abdomen.
Causes of Pain in Left Side Abdomen
- Gastric Volvulus: This is the point at which the stomach contorts on itself. This can happen when one side flips onto the other either along the pivot (pivotal volvulus) or when the upper part flips down (mesentero-hub volvulus). One individual may encounter a mix of both sorts of issues. It is uncommon however more basic in grown-ups than in youngsters.
- Rapped Wind: A man experiencing this would feel for the most part solid however experience issue like stomach agony, be bloated and have uproarious gut clamors. The best cure for this kind of torment is to pass wind. Caught wind is a standout amongst the most widely recognized reasons for left-side stomach torment.
- Stomach Aortic Aneurysm: Aorta is the vein conveying blood from the heart to other parts of the body. In the event that this is enlarged and bursts or breaks it is called Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. This by and large causes serious agony in the midrib and even the back.
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones in the left half of the stomach area can bring about the most grounded agony ever felt. It can likewise bring about regurgitating and additionally a spreading of the torment from the loin to the crotch. At the point when there is a development of minerals, a stone can shape down the kidney or in the ureter. The agony may be in the upper left mid-region when the stone is around there.
- Food Poisoning: It will for the most part cause retching and may additionally incorporate a fever. The torment may happen anywhere in the range of one to 48 hours subsequent to devouring the sustenance. It can happen from synthetic pollution of nourishment or low quality sustenance.
- Pancreatic Cancer: Somebody experiencing pancreatic tumor will likewise experience weight reduction, change in gut propensities, jaundice, pale stools and an absence of voracity. At the point when disease is influencing the tail, head or assemblage of the pancreas there will be stomach torment.
Abdominal pain left side without fever, retching, vaginal dying, going out, midsection torment, or different genuine indications regularly improve without unique treatment.
- In the event that the pain perseveres or if the individual accepts the agony may speak to a significant issue, they ought to see a social insurance proficient.
- A heating cushion or absorbing a tub of warm water may facilitate the individual’s agony.
- Chamomile can help reduce the pain of left side abdomen. It works as an anti-inflammatory. One to two cups of tea can give you a quick relief.
- Rice water is precisely what it seems like the water left-over after you cook rice. It acts a demulcent, a substance that soothes aggravation by shaping a kind of calming hindrance more than a layer, for this situation, the covering of your stomach.
- Over-the-counter acid neutralizers, for example, Tums, Maalox, or Pepto-Bismol, can decrease a few sorts of stomach torment. Enacted charcoal cases additionally may offer assistance.
Left side abdomen pain can be created by numerous factors and having a legitimate comprehension of the conceivable reasons can help you look for the proper restorative help for the distress. Torment in the left side zone is not to be disregarded as it can be the indication of a serious sickness.
Neck Pain in Left Side
Many people feel an undeniable irritation in their neck, and there can be various reasons that prompt this inconvenience. Your neck is comprised of seven little vertebrae that range from the base of the skull to the upper middle that are intended to give backing to your neck and give a scope of movement to your head. This adaptability is useful, however can likewise leave you susceptible to major or minor injury. On the off chance that the left half of the neck is influenced by an unfriendly condition these muscles can start paining you.
Causes of Pain in Left Side Neck
There are some conditions that can cause temporary discomfort to the left side of the neck.
- Muscle Tension: It is the common causes of neck pain. Overusing the neck, sleeping in a mistaken position or muscle strain can bring about the neck to wind up numb, firm or can cause serious pain.
- Poor Posture: Sitting with your neck spine twisted can bring about harm to your core supportive network which can prompt neck pain.
- Whiplash Injury: Quick speeding up and deceleration of the body can harm the spine. This can bring about the left half of the neck to wind up firm alongside arm and shoulder torment, migraine, weakness, back agony, dizziness as well as aggravated rest.
- Stingers and Burners Injury: Sports wounds from an impact can cause nerve roots to become compressed. This can bring about a stinging, blazing or squeezing sensation on the neck which can keep going for quite a long time or days.
- Squeezed Nerve: A squeezed nerve because of bone goads, spinal stenosis or a herniated plate can bring about agony to transmit down the neck and into the left shoulder and arm alongside shortcoming or deadness around there.
- Sleeping on a firm bedding, taking muscle relaxants or agony executioners, enhancing your sitting stance, decreasing stretch and having a restorative back rub can help to reduce this distress.
- Trying out holding the head in arrangement with the body can take weight off your left side to ease off inconveniences.
- The sort of treatment you require will differ in view of the way of the injury. In compelling cases it might be important to wear a cervical neckline to avoid further damage, however the immobilization that is inescapable for this situation can expand solidness in the neck.
- Mitigating drugs can diminish swelling that may be influencing these nerves. Bolster supports or non-intrusive treatment might likewise be fundamental. On the off chance that the harm is serious surgery may be obliged to return sensation to this region.
- Use an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes each 2 to 3 hours.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines, cervical collars, chiropractic manipulation, workout, hot and cool treatment are useful in overseeing torment.
Back Pain in Left Side
Back pain in the left side is a typical and almost certain wonder. About sixty percent of grown-ups encounter a scene of extreme back agony eventually in their lifetime. Left sided back pain is really more normal than right-sided back agony. Symptoms of left sided back torment incorporate a dull or hurting agony regularly punctuated by times of fast increment in intensity. The agony can go down the hip and into the leg. Some will take note of an insensible of icy sensation in the leg or foot while others describe a hot-poker sort sensation. Pharmaceutical products can help to manage the pain, yet ask your specialist for a referral to a back pain specialist.
Causes of Pain in the Left Side Back
- Pregnancy: Back pain especially on the left side, is very common in pregnancy and happens for a few reasons. As the child develops in size, the uterus can pack torment delicate structures including nerves. It is not exceptional for pregnant patients to grumble of agony going down the cheek and leg because of pressure of the sciatic nerve. Hormonal changes bring about softening of ligaments and this makes extra strain on the pelvic and low back ligaments. The extra weight of the developing child and mother serve to aggravate the issue.
- Kidney Infection: Kidney diseases can cause left side back pain. The disease for the most part begins in the bladder and goes up to the kidneys making swelling, aggravation and pain. Fever and sickness can likewise oblige a kidney contamination. The back pain can be dull or serious and is situated in the flank zone along the spine or more the hip. The torment is more awful with development or palpation of the region.
- Sleep on your back. It is the best. Spending a couple of evenings on the floor with a pad underneath your feet can truly help your back, regardless of the possibility that it may be a little trickier to stay sound sleeping. In case you’re a side sleeper, putting a cushion between your knees can help by permitting your muscles to unwind more. In case you’re a stomach sleeper, stop it.
- Delicately rubbing a sore or strained muscle is a standout amongst the best approaches to extricate it up and ease torment. On the other hand, not everybody can manage the cost of an individual masseuse when back torment kicks in.
- There are a lot of agony rubs as well as ointment on the racks. A few measures incorporate Icy Hot or Tiger Balm. The viability of these solutions can change from client to client, so run with what you feel is best for you and suits your needs. Some common mood killers with these salves are the odor and trouble putting it all alone back.
- In case you’re encountering some general back torment, filling the bathtub with warm water and handfuls of Epsom salt can work wonders. Modest and simple to discover, Epsom salt works its way through the skin and into sore muscles. Water temperature is key, as high temp water can bring about muscles to swell as well as cold water is good. An included advantage of Epsom salt is that it is extraordinary for your skin too.
You can also experience leg pain, arm pain, head pain in left side. Different types of reasons are responsible for all these left side pain. Home treatment can give you comfort for a short time, however, you need to talk to your doctor as pain in left side can be the indication of some serious diseases.