How to get rid of brown spots on the face fast?Brown spots are also known as age spots, dark spots, sunspots, lentigos, etc.These spots can be seen in the areas of the body that are mainly exposed to the direct sunlight. These areas include the face, hands, neck, and cleavage. The people with white skin or having an age of 70 and plus are most prone to these spots with a ratio of 90 %.
The main cause of these brown spots is too much exposure to direct sunlight. When a small area of the skin, whether it’s the face, back of the hand, or any other part of skin show color different to that of skin; it is called a brown spot. Along with sunlight the aging and too much sensitivity of the skin also causes these brown spots to appear.
The Laser and nitrogen treatment conducted by the dermatologist is the fastest cure for them, but sufficient protection against radiations of the sun is required throughout because these can reappear even after treatment. Besides the Laser and Nitrogen Treatment, there are other methods as well which can be applied on regular basis for both protection and remedy against these spots. There are also some natural and organic remedies which can be used in normal routine for healthy skin.
Common Causes of Your Brown Spots
Following are some of the main causes of brown spots on face:
Hyperpigmentation takes place whenever the skin is damaged at any specific point. The abnormal melanin arises on the skin due to this process. This hyper melanin actually helps to protect the skins against damaging but eventually leads to the appearance of black spots on the skin.
Contraceptive pills are also one of many causes of these spots. These pills disturb the hormonal balance of women which leads to the emergence of brown spots if skin gets exposed to the sun. The disclosure of pregnancy mask also known as miasma is also the cause of this altered hormonal activity, these are some uneven pigmentations that appear on women’s skin during pregnancy.
As melanin appears to protect the skin from Ultra Violet (UV) rays hence direct and too much appearance to the sun is also a reason for these brown spots. Sun is one of the main causes of brown spots because Ultra Violet rays in Sunlight cause appearance of pigmentation on the face or any other part of skin exposed to the sun.
The skin has an ability to remove any spot that appears on it by regeneration of fresh skin. However, some people have more sensitive skin and are unable to reproduce the skin after brown spots appear. Thus, it becomes difficult for the skin to remove the spots from impacted areas.
Damage to the liver:
The damaged liver also weakens its capacity for treating and eliminating the brown spots from the body which consequently results in the appearance of black spots on the skin. Black spots can also be considered as a symptom of a damaged liver. The liver has an ability to remove the toxins from the body which eliminates the brown spots while a damaged liver loosens or weakens its capacity to do so.
Most often the scars and acne on skin leave signs of black spots. These may or may not lighten with the span of time.
UV rays along with aging act as a catalyst for too much emergence of melanin. Most of the times, these spots (Also known as age spots) appears after the forties. The areas that are mostly exposed to the sun, such as hands, face chest and neck are more vulnerable to these age spots which are melanin clusters.
How to Get Rid of Brown Spots on the Face?
The fresh spots having an age of 1 to 2 month exist on the top layer of the skin only. The process of exfoliating can help you to remove these spots. This process includes treatment of upper layer of skin by removing it which results in the growth of new cells.
- You should choose the exfoliating cleansers that have fine ingredients and smoothly remove dead cells from skin.
- You can also prepare such cleanser at home by mixing one spoon of natural crystallized honey with brown sugar.
- Before applying, keep the exfoliant in the fridge for 10 minutes, and then gently apply on face and skin.
- At last, wash and rinse your face and skin with warm water.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Spots on The Face:
Rub your skin with citrus:
Citrus fruits have Vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid which damages the skin to some extent and helps in the regrowth of its upper layers. Following are some useful techniques and ways to use it.
- For centuries, women have been applying lemon juice to their face in order to get a fair face. Orange juice and lime juice can also be useful for this purpose.
- Collect the juice of citrus fruits by squeezing them to use it on your skin. Repeat the same process by squeezing the juice of such fruits. Place the juice on brown spots for 20 minutes and repeat the process every day.
- Prepare a mask by mixing a teaspoon of honey and half lemon. Apply the mask to your skin for 30 minutes before rinsing properly.
- Scrub of milk powder and citrus is also useful. It can be obtained by mixing 1 teaspoon of powdered milk with juice of citrus fruit in 1 teaspoon of water. It will look like paste. Massage your face with this paste and rinse well.
Vitamin E is very useful for repairing the damaged skin. It also gives strength to healthy cells as well. It can be used externally alone, but consuming foods having a rich proportion of Vitamin can accelerate the process and yield more beneficial results.
Papaya is rich in both Vitamin C and E, therefore, a valuable natural treatment for brown spots. The papain enzyme in papaya is ideal for exfoliating of the skin which ultimately results in the renewal of skin. A green papaya is ideal but a ripe one can also be useful. Peel and remove seeds for using any of the below-mentioned methods of treatment:
- Apply sliced papaya on the place of brown stain for 20 to 30 minutes. Repeating process twice a day can produce best results.
- You can also use a Facial mask of papaya. For making a facial mask, chop down these pieces to make them look like pulp with the help of a blender. Use this pulp as a facial mask and apply it to the skin for 30 minutes.
If you have an Aloe Vera plant at your home then you got best and easily applied remedy for brown spots with you because Aloe Vera contains moisturizers that help in healing sunburns. Just split the tip from one of the leaves and squeeze it using your hands and gently apply on brown spots. Aloe Vera gel is also available at hyper stores but make it sure to buy a 100% pure organic product.
Onions can be a good alternative to lemons, as they are rich in acidic acid. Peel an onion and slice it into small pieces. Use a cotton disc to apply on browns spots. Apply for 15 minutes and then wash the area.
Turmeric, A Powerful Cure For Hyperpigmentation
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Get turmeric and apply on the affected area with the mixture of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Leave it to dry for 15 minutes. At last, rinse and wash with cold water.
- During the process keep yourself protected from direct sunlight and repeat the process on a daily basis until it gets healed.
- Mix the lemon juice with water or milk in case your skin is sensitive.
Lemon slowly fades the brown spots and stains from the skin. The depigmenting creams sold in the stores also contains its ingredients. Just rub a piece of cotton soaked in lemon juice on skin that contains stains.
A Decoction of Dandelion Roots:
Dandelion roots can also be used by boiling it in water. To obtain the decoction of dandelion roots boil 30g to 60g of roots in one liter of water for 4 hours. Apply decoction twice a day on damaged skin.
The Laser Treatment:
Laser treatment is well known for its effective tendency to destroy melanocytes and melanin cells which therefore fades away stains gradually. The people with fair skin can get maximum benefit from this treatment because darker spots on their skin can be targeted easily and accurately. The small crusts appear after hyperpigmented cells fades away. Winter is the best season for this treatment because tanning of skin can also make it difficult to treat with laser. Sun exposure is not an issue after this treatment but it is inadvisable.
The Cosmetic Option:
The cosmetic creams on the shelves of stores are also an option to treat these stains. According to Dr. Le.Pillouer-Prost, the creams which contain exfoliating or de-pigmentation ingredients are useful and necessary to apply. These creams can be useful in many ways ranging from preventing and clearing the spots to the aesthetic treatment purposes. The combo of these creams and other assets will be effective in both lightenings the spots and in the improvement of complexion.
Let’s check how these cosmetic creams actually work? These cosmetics and treatments include antioxidants and exfoliating ingredients which are the lightening/de-pigmentation agents and stop the production of melanin, fair the skin, and help to repair the damage of UV rays. There are some other formulas and Vitamins which also play an active role in the regeneration of the new cells.
Cosmetics can help to fade the brown spots but these cosmetics are not the full treatment. For darker spots, there are a number of other fundamental options.
Good everyday Gestures
- Daily use creams and anti-stain soaps.
- The peeling lotions for night care can be another good option to include in your routine.
- For outdoor activities use sunglasses, gloves, a hat, and thick non-transparent clothes to cover the cleavage.
- Avoid exposure to the sun.
Limit Your Exposure to the Sun
The most dangerous and common reason for the brown spots is direct exposure to the sun. Exposure to the sun will increase the type of hyperpigmentation no matter what you suffer from. Most importantly UV rays should be avoided. Fallow following steps for protection of your skin.
- Sunscreen should be mandatory even in winter. A sun sunscreen 15 or higher is better for the face.
- If exposing to the sun is necessary than wear hat, glasses, and sunscreen to cover the face.
- A tanning bed is not good for skin and internal body organ. Strictly avoid it.
- The tan of sunbathing fades with time and leave brown spots, so avoid sunbathe.
- Consistency and patience are important in treatment. Brown spots don’t remove in a day. So be consistent with your chosen treatment.
- Drinking water slows down the cell renewal so keep yourself hydrated and drink plenty of water. It will also improve the results of treatment.
- Before taking any lightening treatment make sure to apply sunscreen.
- A whitening product called Hydroquinone is considered to be the cause of pigmentation defects, dermatitis, and cancer. It can only be recommended when no other option yield any result.
- Before taking any commercial treatment you should read product instructions first.
- Pregnant women and nurses do not use salicylic acid.
- Salicylic acid is also not recommended if you are allergic to use aspirin.
- If possible always get your brown stain care overseen by the beautician or doctor.
- Citrus Juice applied to your skin can burn the skin if exposed to sunlight.