How to get rid of sinus infection fast?There are different reasons why people become afflicted with sinus infections but sometimes, people can be oblivious to it. Probably you have also suffered from sinus infection several times but you never traced back the real reason why you have gotten it. This is one reason why the infection keeps on coming back. For some people, it is fairly easy to get rid of sinus infection. They usually do it with the help of antibiotics but you might not want to use antibiotics often.
First and foremost, sinus infections clear up on their own but this does not mean that you cannot speed up the process with the use of natural home remedies. Still, there are different reasons why people get sinus infections.
Reasons for Getting Sinus Infection
- Narrow Sinuses
- Sensitive Sinuses
- Smaller Nasal Septum
- Blocked Nasal Passages
The above mentioned things are just some of the possible reasons for acquiring sinus infection. A lot of people get afflicted by this every single day so you have nothing to worry about. There are various home remedies that you can try to help fix your condition.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Sinus Infection Without Antibiotics
Aside from the fact that lemon contains vitamin C that can be very helpful in getting rid of some sinus infections, Lemon Juice can also be mixed in with water in order to get rid of sore throat usually connected to the infection of the sinus. This can help you have a feeling of relief since it can be hard to function when you are suffering from this condition.
- Slice a whole lemon and get the juice.
- Mix in the juice with a cup of warm water.
- Add honey to taste.
- Do this about 2x a day.
2.Get Rid of Sinus Infection With Hydrate at Home
It is likely that when you are suffering from sinus infection, you do not care much about the things that you do because you cannot concentrate. All you want to do is to make the sinus infection go away. Do remember that you can do this if you would constantly hydrate. When you drink a lot of fluids every day, this will help your throat to become moist thus, this can prevent the onset of sore throat usually connected to the infection.
- Drink a glass of water upon waking up.
- Drink about 8 – 10 glasses of water every day.
- Do remember that other fluids can also be used so that you will not get tired of drinking water all the time.
You probably do not realize how powerful steam can be especially when used against bacterial infection. Steam can help get rid of the stuffy feeling on the nasal area and can help you breathe better. It can also clear up your sinuses.
- Get a pot of boiling water and place it on a container.
- Hold your head over the pot of boiling water and start inhaling through your nose.
- Remember not to breathe too fast as you may risk burning your nose in the process.
- Do these things for about a few minutes until your sinuses start to clear up.
A lot of people are not sure what a humidifier does. Usually it just makes sure that the temperature inside a room will stay comfortable. At the same time, it can also release steam that the nose needs in order to clear up.
- Turn on your dehumidifier.
- Try to stay in the room for a certain period of time.
- For best results, try to take a hot shower after to help the steam from the hot shower clear your nasal passages.
What the saline spray does is it keeps the nasal passages moist. In the process, this can help get rid of the mucus and other particles that might be causing the sinus to become inflamed. At the same time, making use of the saline spray can help get rid of the allergens that might have gotten stuck in the nasal area.
- Make sure that you have a saline spray
- Spray on the nose about 2 – 4 times a day.
- Do this every day until the condition becomes better.
You are probably aware that garlic has a smell that makes it very recognizable but with a sinus infection, you probably will not be able to smell it that much. Do remember that it can be very helpful in fighting the staph infection though since it has substances that can help get rid of certain bacteria, viruses and even fungi.
- Boil a cup of water for a few minutes.
- Add lightly crushed garlic on the water.
- Cover the casserole so that the steam will not go out.
- Inhale the steam from the casserole mixed in with garlic.
7.Apple Cider Vinegar
Not only is apple cider vinegar effective in getting rid of sinus problems, it can also be used for various skin and hair problems. What it does basically for sinus infection is it clears up the nose so that the mucus will be eradicated immediately.
- Place two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it in with honey.
- Place a cup of warm water on the mixture.
- Drink this solution.
- You can do this about 2 – 3 times a day until the infection subsides.
You probably know that turmeric is one of the ingredients used usually in order to get rid of different toxins that may be found inside the body. What it can do for you is it can clear your sinus cavity and this will allow you to breathe better. It usually contains a component called curcumin that can be very helpful for clearing up the sinus.
- Place a tablespoon of turmeric powder with hot water.
- Mix the solution together.
- Ingest the solution about 3x a day.
This does not only clear up your sinuses. In the process, it also makes sure that your respiratory system is stronger which makes your system stronger to fight against sinus problems.
- Place a few drops of the eucalyptus oil on a clean cloth.
- Inhale the oil on the cloth every time you would need it for instant relief.
- Place the oil on your beddings and pillows so you can sleep better at night.
- Do this regularly.
What tomato has that other home remedies do not have in vitamin A. Vitamin A can be very helpful in reconstructing and repairing the mucus membranes that might have become damaged because of the sinus infection.
- Boil a cup of tomato juice on a saucepan.
- Add lemon juice and chopped garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients together for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Drink the tomato juice at least twice a day.
Here are just some of the home remedies that you can try at home to immediately get rid of your sinus infection. Do remember that other than the things mentioned above, there may still be others that are just waiting to be discovered.