It is possible that if you get skin boils, you will feel a bit apprehensive about going out especially if they appear on some parts of your body that can be easily seen by other people. It is likely that even though it is not usually harmful, people will still cringe at the sight of boils. What you probably do not realize is that you do not have to make yourself stay at home until such time when the boils go away because there are various home remedies that you can do to get rid of it. Still, it is important to know more facts about skin boils.
Causes of Skin Boils
Most of the time, people are not aware why they have acquired skin boils. Here are just some of the possible reasons:
- Blockage on the Skin – There are times when the skin becomes blocked because of dirt or other skin products. If the skin is dirty to begin with, this can cause boils to appear on different parts of the body.
- Irritation – Wearing skin tight clothes can sometimes cause boils to appear since the skin just becomes irritated from being rubbed all over and over again. This can be avoided by wearing comfortable clothing that fit just right.
- Other Skin Problems – When people have skin problems, it is likely that they have a higher chance of acquiring boils.
- Poor Hygiene – There are times when people do not take good care of their body. They do not take showers every day and they might not soap every day. This might make people more prone to acquiring boils.
- Unhealthy Diet – When people do not take care of their immune system, their immune system becomes weaker and this might cause boils to appear.
Do remember that the lifespan of boils is usually about 14 days. After that, it will go away on its own.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Skin Boils
The main reason why hot compress can be very effective in getting rid of boils is because the heat can make the skin have more white blood cells that can help get rid of the boil. The heat can make the boil disappear faster than usual.
- Prepare hot compress. Make sure that the water is not too hot because this might do more harm than good on your skin.
- Place the hot compress on the affected area.
- Do this several times a day.
A lot of people are not aware that cumin seeds can be very helpful in curing boils. It usually has some components that can make the boils go away faster.
- Prepare the cumin seeds by placing them in water.
- After boiling them in water, grind the cumin seeds until it becomes pasty.
- Place the paste on the affected area of the skin or the boil itself.
- This can be done several times a day.
3.Garlic and Onion Juice
Most of the time, garlic and onion juice are avoided because of their pungent smell especially since they are mixed in together. When the mixture is placed on the skin, it will be easy for the boil to become dry. It might become better in less than two weeks.
- Get the juice of the garlic and onion separately.
- Place the garlic juice on the boil first.
- Place the onion juice on the boil after.
- Do this alternately for about a few minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
For a lot of people, this might seem like a gross thing to do but this can be very effective on treating boils. The bacon fat can help make the pus on the boil appear or sometimes, it might open up the boil effectively.
- Place a small amount of bacon fat on the boil.
- Place a band aid over the bacon fat and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, the boil might seem better.
One of the reasons why turmeric is very important in the process of making the boil disappear is because it has healing properties that can make the boil disappear a few days short of its usual cycle.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with milk and vinegar.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Wait for the mixture to dry.
- This may be done several hours a day until the boil starts to show some signs that it will drain out.
6.Tea Tree Oil
Whenever skin problems are discussed, it is highly likely that tea tree oil is part of the list. The main reason for this is because tea tree oil contains some components that can make the healing process of the boil become swifter. Sometimes, the tea tree oil may be mixed in with other skin products while there are also times when it can be applied directly on its own.
- Mix in tea tree oil with coconut oil to help it become absorbed by the skin faster.
- Place the mixture on the boil.
- You may choose to cover the boil with a clean cloth.
- Do this about 2x a day preferably in the morning and evening.
There are a lot of people who only know of parsley as something that can be placed on meals in order to make the dishes look better but Parsley can also be an effective home remedy in treating boils. It is likely that you will find this immediately in your house if you like to cook and make your meals look presentable.
- Place the parsley on boiling water and steep it.
- Wait for the parsley to become soft.
- Put out the fire to stop the water from boiling.
- When it is warm enough, wrap on a clean cloth.
- Place the cloth with the parsley over the boil.
It is likely that you are also not a fan of bitter gourd because of its taste. Most people will try to avoid it as much as possible. While the taste is usually not good enough for most people, bitter gourd contains a lot of good nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can be very effective in treating boils. The difference of this with all the other home remedies is that it needs to be ingested to try to make the boil disappear from within.
- Get the juice of the bitter gourd.
- Mix in the juice of the bitter gourd with lime juice to make it taste better.
- Sip the bitter gourd and lime juice mixture on an empty stomach.
- This may have to be done for a few weeks or until such time when the boil heals.
One of the main reasons why Betel leaves are considered to be very helpful in treating boils is probably because of the fact that it can make the boil burst. The pus and all the components that are inside the boil can be removed immediately.
- Get clean Betel leaves
- Heat the leaves until they become warm.
- Place the leaves on the inflamed area.
- Replace the leaves every few hours.
A lot of people are not aware that this can be used in order to treat boils. The great thing about this remedy is that it can be used in order to make the boils go away permanently. In other home remedies, the boils might be eradicated for a certain period of time but making use of the Echinacea will prevent the boils from coming back.
- Get fresh Echinacea
- Apply it directly on the boil.
- Place a bandage or gauze over the Echinacea and the boil.
- Do this every day.
Here are just some of the ways that will help you get rid of your skin boils. Do remember that if the home remedies mentioned above do not work, you may have to consult with a medical practitioner at the soonest possible time.