There are a lot of people who say that they usually feel more tired as they get older. Yet, there are some people who feel tired and uninspired even when they are still young. Whenever people feel some signs of fatigue, they usually complain about it to other people. While it may hit people who are middle aged, those who are younger may also start feeling it.
There are several reasons why you may feel tired such as the following:
- Some medical conditions – If you are suffering from thyroid disorders or you have diabetes, you have a tendency to feel tired faster than usual.
- Lack of sleep – Not getting enough sleep the night before will not give you the energy that you need in order to feel good about yourself.
- Anemia – You may not have enough red blood cells earlier and as a result, you feel more tired than usual.
- Depression – Did you just go through something truly emotional? It may be because of what you have experienced in the office or you might be feeling bad because of how you treated someone that you care for. Depression may stem from different things and it follows that when you are depressed, you lack the energy to do different things.
Now that you already know some of the possible reasons why you are feeling tired, you have to know the different ways on how you can stop yourself from feeling tired all the time.
How to Stop Feeling Tired All The Time
- Have yourself checked if you have medical conditions
It has been mentioned earlier that one of the reasons why you are feeling tired is because of your medical condition. If you are a bit unsure with the reason, why you may be having some issues, then go to your doctor.
- Your blood pressure may be checked to rule out some medical conditions.
- There may be a series of tests that you have to undergo in order to rule out certain conditions.
- There may be some medications that you will be recommended to take. If you have some new medications that you are taking, you have to tell your doctor about it.
- Make sure that your diet is fine
There will be times when you would like to different food products but you know that these food will not be good for your health. For example, you may eat fast food every day even if this is not recommended as this will be bad for your health. The food that you eat will make a huge difference with your health. There are different things that you can do to improve your diet.
- Drink enough fluids throughout the day. You are recommended to drink about 8 – 10 glasses of water every day although you will be recommended to drink more.
- Have breakfast even when you do not feel hungry in the morning. When you eat breakfast, you will have the tendency to feel better throughout the day.
- You may need to eat every three to four hours to ensure that you will feel full.
- Plan the food that you are going to eat. You may need to stock up on fiber and a lot of leafy greens.
- Avoid drinking coffee after noon time. Coffee before noon will give you the chance to stay energized throughout the day.
- Breathe correctly
There are a lot of times when you would take your breathing correctly. This is something that we do without thinking so most of the time, you do not breathe the way that you should. When you breathe correctly, you will also improve your energy levels. When you develop the right breathing technique, you will be able to improve your posture.
- You need to breathe not from your chest but from your diaphragm.
- You need to breathe deeply and consciously in order to feel good.
- Improve your posture so that your blood and the oxygen will flow very well.
- Do Yoga
You already know at this point that doing different forms of exercises can be good for you but one of the best things that you can do is yoga. Through yoga, you can boost your energy levels. There are a lot of people who feel that every time they do yoga, they feel more clear minded and they can think of better things to do throughout the day.
- Search for a yoga trainer who is well known to give people the directions that you need.
- It is best if you would do yoga on your own first but when you have other people with you, it will be more fun.
- After some time, you can start doing yoga on your own as long as you have a mat, yoga can be done with ease.
- Do not Sit for More Than an Hour
Do you realize that when you sit, you have the tendency to make your heart beat slower than usual. According to studies, there are some people who increase their chances of dying younger because of sitting all the time. You are also increasing your chances of getting diseases.
- If you work in an office, try to stretch and stand up a bit from time to time.
- Walking just for 2 minutes will already help your health and will make you feel more energized.
- If you know that you would not be able to stand that much throughout the day, you can always exercise 30 minutes every day through running, jogging or walking. It will make a lot of difference.
- Your Room Should Be Comfortable
Since you should get enough sleep every night, you should have a room wherein you can sleep well. If you sleep with your partner and your spouse, getting enough sleep may be trickier because there will be moments when your partner would be snoring loudly or will be moving around while sleeping. Try to make your room as comfortable as possible by doing the following:
- The temperature of your room should be comfortable. People usually need to sleep in a room with a lower temperature in order to start feeling sleepy.
- If you have a pet, make sure that your room has a pet bet to sleep in.
- Do not watch your clock. It will be harder for you to fall asleep and get the rest that you need when you are always watching your clock.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when you are about to go to sleep because this will not allow you to sleep better.
- Try to do something relaxing before you go to sleep. If after 15 minutes you are still unable to sleep, you can try reading. This will help you sleep better at night.
- Take Naps
There are some people who stop themselves from taking naps because of different reasons. For example, there are some people who avoid taking naps because they do not want to let people see that they are sleepy. There are also some who do not like naps because they believe that this can stop them from falling asleep at night. Of course, if they do not get enough sleep, they will still feel tired.
- The naps that you should take are usually around 40 minutes.
- If you take naps that are longer than 40 minutes, it is your body’s way of telling you that you are tired because you are not getting enough sleep.
- When you take just the right amount of nap, you will feel more energetic. This can lead better performance when it comes to the tasks that you have to do.
- Correct Your Posture
Take a look at how you stand or even sit. If your back is not straight when you are sitting or standing, this means that you have poor posture. You should pull your shoulders back, put your chest out and your stomach in to make you feel more energized.
- You can start by consciously correcting your posture little by little.
- You can correct your shoulders first because once you do this, the other parts of your body that you also need to improve will be corrected naturally.
- After some time, your new posture will be your regular posture and you will notice that you do not feel as tired as you did before.
- Write Down Your Thoughts
Writing is known to reduce the amount of stress that you are feeling throughout the day. Have a notebook wherein you can write down your thoughts. At the same time, write down the food that you eat and the effect of the various food products on you. You may also note the activities that you have done and how these activities make you feel.
- You need to know the connection between your activities and the amount of energy that you have throughout the day.
- Place in detail how much sleep you have gotten and if you were able to rest because of sleeping or not.
- Do not forget to place the date so that you can compare it with the other writings you will make in the future.
You can stop feeling tired all the time if you would begin to lead a happier life than the one that you are living now. Make sure that you would be with people who will make you feel good and happy instead of being with people who will only bring you down. The more you laugh and smile, the more energetic you would feel.