Have you noticed that lately, you are having a hard time hearing? You may be feeling stressed already because you have assumed that it is related to your hearing ability but the truth is that it may only be because you currently have clogged ears.So how to unclog a clogged ear naturally?
When you have clogged ears, this means that your ear canal is somehow blocked by ear wax or probably a foreign item that would have to be removed at the soonest possible time. How will you know if you have a clogged ear or not? Knowing the symptoms of having a clogged ear will help you out a lot:
- Reduced hearing capacity
- Weird sounds that you are hearing on your ear.
- A sort of popping sound on your ear.
If you experience any of the things that are mentioned above, it is highly likely that you are suffering from a clogged ear. You are recommended to have yourself checked by the doctor immediately but if in case you know that you can actually do some remedies at home, here are some of the things that you can do:
10 Easy Ways to Unclog Ears Naturally
- Olive Oil
There may be some people who feel terrified about placing olive oil on their ears in fear that they will not be able to get it out but olive oil can help soften ear wax so that eventually, it will be removed.
- Using a dropper, place a few drops of olive oil on the clogged ear.
- Wait for the ear wax to become soft. This might take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the wax with ear buds.
- Remember that everything would have to be done gently because being rough might hurt the ear in the process.
- Use Warm Compress to Unclog Ears
Do you know that one of the reasons why you may be suffering from clogged ears is because you have colds? In order to help get rid of the blockage due to colds, what you can do is use a warm compress so that this can help get rid of the congestion and make you feel better.
- Make sure that the compress that you are using is warm. You may make use of a hand towel dipped in warm water.
- Hold the warm compress over the affected ear for about 5 minutes.
- Wait for the fluid start to drain.
- Use Steam to Unclog Ears
Like warm compress, this is another effective home remedy that can be used when people are suffering from colds. This will help the steam and the mucus start to get removed and at the same time, it can also help the earwax become less clogged.
- Make sure to use steaming water in a large bowl.
- Add the essential oil of your choice to make it have a better effect.
- Inhale the steam slowly.
- You would have to wait until your clogged ears become better.
- Valsalva Maneuver
This is probably the most important type of remedy that you can use in order to get rid of your clogged ears. Learning how to do this will enable you to get rid of your clogged ears each time you do it. Make sure that you know the proper way to do this so you will not hurt your ear drums.
- Take a deep breath.
- Pinch your nose and exhale. It will allow the air to get out of your ear instead of your nose or mouth.
- You will immediately feel and hear the difference if you have done this effectively.
- Tea Tree Oil
When it comes to tea tree oil, people know that this is one essential oil that people use for their different needs. If you would like to use this effectively as well, remember that its properties can help get rid of clogged ears.
- Make sure to apply a few drops of tea tree oil to boiling water.
- Place your ear near the steam so that the steam can enter your ear.
- You would have to do this if it is unable to get rid of your plugged ear immediately.
- Water Flush
If you are having some problems with clogged ears, this may be caused by water especially if you are swimming. You can combat it with water as well by using a warm water flush.
- Get a syringe without the needle or it may be best if you are can use an ear syringe.
- Fill the syringe with warm water. Make sure that it is not too hot.
- Tilt your head up and pull on the ear lobe as you place the water on the ear canal.
- Wait for the water to soften the wax or to remove the water that may be causing the clogged ear.
- USe Garlic Oil to Unclog Ears
The great thing about garlic is that it naturally has a lot of properties that can be very effective in getting rid of the clogged ears. You can be sure that its anti inflammatory properties can help the inflammation of the ears become more relaxed.
- Use 2 garlic cloves and mash it.
- Add the mashed garlic cloves to olive oil and heat it a bit.
- Once it is warm, prepare to place the mashed garlic on the ear.
- Set on the ear for about 1 minute before removing it by tilting your head.
Do you know that yawning can be very effective in getting rid of clogged ears? This is very natural and you can be sure that the air pressure that may be on your ears will be reduced significantly so that it will be good enough.
- Open your mouth slightly.
- Make sure that you will yawn quite a bit until you hear a soft pop.
- You will immediately feel relief, if not, repeat the process. Remember to do it gently.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
There are always a lot of things that apple cider vinegar can do. This is probably the main reason why it is always included in home remedies list. Apple cider vinegar contains some properties that can help get rid of the debris that might be clogging the ear. At the same time, if the clogging is brought about by bacteria, the apple cider vinegar can help get rid of that.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with alcohol.
- Make sure that the mixture is equal.
- Place on the ear and wait for a minute before removing again.
- Chewing Gum
Have you ever wondered why there are some people who love chewing gums on the plane? This is because they usually feel better especially when there is an increase or decrease in the air pressure. This will help release the pressure forming in your ears.
- You would need to chew gum before taking off or before landing.
- Continue to chew until you find some relief.
- Dispose of the chewing gum appropriately.
If there are still some symptoms that were not given relief with the use of the above mentioned home remedies, it will be best if you would go to a doctor or a specialist immediately to give you the relief that you need.