Have you realized that you are starting to get some age spots on some parts of your body? Perhaps you have some brown spots on your face, your back, your neck, and even your shoulders. They are generally harmless yet you feel that they are unsightly and you want to get rid of them at the soonest possible time.
There are some factors that may cause some brown spots such as the following:
- Sun Spots
- Issues with the Liver
You can always try to avoid the sun so you will not get sunspots but it will be hard to prevent aging and of course, you cannot do anything if it is already in your genes to have some brown spots all over your body when you reach a certain age. There are some home remedies that you can try however, that will help get rid of the brown spots all over your body:
10 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Age Spots On Your Face
One of the things that you will find in buttermilk is lactic acid and this is known to be effective in exfoliating the skin. This can be very operative in removing the brown spots from your skin without drying your skin entirely. Buttermilk can also work double duty in removing other skin blemishes you may have.
- Dip a cotton ball on the buttermilk and apply on the brown spots on your skin.
- Leave the buttermilk on the brown areas of the skin for a few minutes
- Wash with water afterward.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is known to be one of the home remedies that you can use for a lot of skin problems and even other health issues. This is known to be effective in getting rid of brown spots as well. You can make your brown spots dry faster and better.
- You need to add apple cider vinegar to an equal amount of water.
- Place the solution on the brown spots that you can find on your skin.
- Wash off from your skin about after 5 – 10 minutes.
- You need to do this every day until you see the brown spots start to lighten.
- You may decide that you want to use pure apple cider vinegar on your skin but this might sting a bit.
Aloe Vera contains some healing properties that can help the skin rejuvenate. If you would like to heal your skin because you have exposed it too much to the sun then you know that the use of Aloe Vera can be effective.
- You can take fresh Aloe Vera gel from the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Place the gel directly on the areas where there are brown spots.
- Leave the gel on the skin for about half an hour.
- Wash the same area with cold water.
- You need to do this about twice a day so that you can start to see an improvement in a few weeks.
Do you know that sandalwood contains properties that can make the skin look younger? It also has antiseptic properties that can help heal the skin from various skin problems. Since this can solve the skin’s hyperpigmentation problems, it can eventually get rid of brown spots if it would be applied to the affected areas.
- Mix sandalwood powder with rosewater and glycerin. If in case you are not sure where to purchase glycerin, you can buy them over the counter.
- Apply the pack that you have created over the areas of your skin that are affected by brown spots.
- Wait for the pack to dry naturally and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- This would need to be placed on the skin about a few times a week so that you can start seeing the full effect.
When it comes to lightening the appearance of age spots, Pineapple can also be effective because it contains bromelain. This is an enzyme that can act as a mild bleaching agent which makes it useful in getting rid of the brown spots on the skin.
- You need to cut fresh pineapple and prepare a few chunks or slices.
- Rub the pineapple chunks or slices on the areas where the age spots are.
- This needs to be done at least once every day in order to make it effective.
Honey and Yogurt
If you are searching for some ingredients that can work well together as a bleaching agent then you do not need to look any further because honey and yogurt may be what you are searching for. It is best to search for plain and organic yogurt to use for the best results.
- Mix yogurt and honey together.
- Apply the paste directly on the skin where the brown spots can be found.
- Wait for the paste to dry on your skin for about half an hour.
- Rinse the mixture on your face with warm water.
- This needs to be done once a day for a few months in order to get the best results.
Mention castor oil and people will tell you about its many uses and benefits. Castor oil can also be effective in getting rid of brown spots and age spots. This can be mixed with other essential oils in order to make it more effective but it can also work on its own to remove age spots from different parts of the body.
- Dip a cotton ball on castor oil.
- Spread the castor oil all over the area where the brown spots are.
- Gently massage the area for a few minutes.
- Leave the castor oil on the skin for about 3 – 4 hours or even more.
- Wash it off with water.
- To get the best results, do this twice a day. Do it once in the morning when you wake up and do it again before you sleep at night.
In some countries, there are a lot of soaps and beauty products that use Papaya as its main ingredient. Papaya contains alpha-hydroxy acids and also enzymes to exfoliate the skin and reduce the appearance of age spots. At the same time, papaya can also be effective in getting rid of other skin blemishes like acne. There are some people who are allergic to papaya though so it is best to check if you are allergic before you try it out.
- You need to grate a fresh and ripe papaya.
- Apply the grated papaya directly on the brown spots.
- Leave on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the papaya on the skin by rinsing with cold water.
- This needs to be done twice daily until you get your desired results.
You may only encounter onions when you want to add a bit of spice to your dish but this time, onion can also be very effective in getting rid of your age spots. Onion juice is naturally acidic which makes it ideal in bleaching parts of the skin that are afflicted with age spots.
- Slice a few onions.
- Rub the slices on the affected area of the skin about 3x a day.
- Continue doing this every day until you get your desired results.
Horseradish is a type of herb that has been used for a long time in order to get rid of different skin blemishes. This can be active in getting rid of freckles and age spots that you may have on various parts of your body. Its lightening properties can make your skin spotless and flawless.
- Create a horseradish paste by grinding the horseradish.
- Apply the paste directly on the affected area of the skin.
- This needs to be left on the skin for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove with warm water afterward.
- This needs to be done about 3 – 4 times every week in order to get the desired results.
Out of all the home remedies that are mentioned above, which one would you like to try first? Remember that the effect may vary from one person to another.
Some Details About Home Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Spots
Since these are home remedies, you cannot expect that the brown spots will disappear overnight. You have to make a lot of effort and apply them regularly before you start to see your desired effect. Other tips to remember are the following:
- There are times when age spots appear not because of age or because of genetics but because of some problems with the liver or cancer lesions. It is best to consult a doctor about the origin of the spots first before you start doing home remedies.
- The severity of your condition will have an effect on how long the home remedies will take before they can be evident. The more severe your brown spots are, the harder they will be to remove.
- Try to stay away from sunlight whether you are doing home remedies or not because frequent exposure to the sun can increase the age spots found on the skin. If in case you cannot avoid it, you can make use of an effective sunscreen that will give you temporary protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
- If in case you have forgotten your sunblock and you have just gotten your skin exposed to the sun, use Vitamin E oil and spread it on the affected area to prevent the onset of brown spots on the skin.
If in case you feel that home remedies will take too much time before they take effect, you may also try other treatments that will help the brown spots from your skin fade faster. Some well-known treatments are the following:
This works by using a certain type of acid in order to remove your skin’s first layer where the age spots are most evident. The newer and healthier skin will then take the place of the old skin so you will notice that the age spots are noticeably lighter. It may take a few sessions before the age spots truly disappear.
Like what a chemical peel can do, this can also help remove the top layer of the skin but instead of using an acid, it makes use of a special derma brush. The treatment is said to be similar to the use of sandpaper but on the skin.
The two treatments that are mentioned above are the most common treatments but there are still other treatments that are not as well known that some people still undergo just to get rid of their age spots. Some examples of treatments are the following:
Liquid nitrogen is said to be effective in removing the age spots found on the skin by killing the pigments that cause them. As the skin heals, the age spots are also supposed to fade. There is a downside to this however, some people who have undergone this treatment experienced some scarring and even more discoloration. It would depend on the professional who will be applying the liquid nitrogen on the skin. If the person does not know what he is doing, it might end up ruining the skin even more.
This is known to be very effective and it does not have a lot of side effects too but it can be very expensive. The laser will work by destroying the pigments that are causing the age spots to appear. If you decide to get this treatment, remember that it will not hurt your skin at all. The problem will be the price and the fact that you need several sessions before you can be happy with the results.
It is evident that there are different ways that you can do in order to get rid of the age spots found on your skin. You can make a little effort and try home remedies or spend a little bit more and undergo some professional treatments that will make your age spots disappear faster. It will be your choice.