Acne or pimples do not just show up on the face. Other than the face, acne normally happens on the back, midsection, neck, shoulders, and upper arms. The main cause of back acne is the excess sebum secretion by the oil glands connected to your hair follicles.There are some small pores on our skin which help in perspiration. When these pores are clogged with dead skin cells,dust, and extra sebum, they will get infected from bacteria or swell up.Then whitehead or blackhead pimples form.
It does not matter if you clean up yourself on daily basis. These pimples can appear anyway because of the pollution in the environment such as smog, dust, etc.On many occasions, we do not realize that our hands are dirty and touch our skin which ultimately results in the appearance of pimples. There is a high probability that pimples may appear on your back, in case you have long hairs.
Some common causes of back acne include High-sugar diet such as potato chips,white bread etc,antidepressants medicine side effect, trapped under tight clothing sweat, genetics, stress and hormonal changes.This article provides 12 simple home remedies to get rid of back acne.
How to Get Rid of Back Acne Naturally
Sea Salt Remedy
Sea salt is a great remedy that can be used to cure body acne or back acne. It can help prevent bacterial development. Sea salt can dry out the skin and remove the abundant oil in it which results in the elimination of pimples.
Keep in mind that you should only use the salt from the sea, using table salt can further increase the inflammation because it has iodine in it.
Option 1:Bathing is the best treatment for back acne.
- Prepare a bathtub filled with warm water and 2-3 cups sea salt.
- Note that the water is not too hot, otherwise it will worse your back acne.
- Add the sea salt into the bath and stir it with your hand to make the sea salt dissolve completely.
- Soak your body in the water for about 30 minutes, dry your skin and apply a moisturizer.
- You can use this sea salt bath everyday before going to bed.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, you can add some sea salt and water into a spray bottle, then spray the back twice a day until you get rid of the back acne.
Option 2:Have a Sea Salt steam shower.
- Add sea salt to your steaming shower water.
- Absorb this water for 20-30 minutes.
- If your skin is slick, don’t matter whatever other thing in the wake of escaping from the shower tub. Simply pat dry.
- In the event that, your skin has a tendency to get drier, apply a light lotion yet not very vigorously.
Note: If the acne on your back is truly terrible and there are an excess of breakouts, repeat this method twice a day, generally once is sufficient. If your skin responses to this cure, you will see the result within a week.
Oatmeal is an all in one solution for skin care.It works for all skin types such as oily skin,dry skin and aging skin. It sheds your skin and opens the skin pores to clean the oil in it. Your skin revives when the oil and dead cells are removed from it. Along with clearing the back acne, oats shower also helps you to get rid of the back acne scars.
- Finely crush3 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Put the oats in a sock or muslin fabric and tie it.Blend the finely ground oats with the steaming shower water in your tub. Blend it well. If it is not sufficiently fine, the oats will settle in the base of the tub.
- In the event that you have tied your oats into a sock or material, simply put it into the tub inundated in the water. While dousing, continue crushing the material to let the juice of cereal blend with the water.
- Soak for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process every day to get delicate saturated and skin inflammation free body.
Sodium bicarbonate (also known as baking soda) acts as an exfoliating scrub. Subsequently, it opens the pores and gets rid of the dirt and oil. Moreover, it controls the pH parity of the skin and has mellow mitigating and germicide properties. Each of these properties makes it a perfect home solution for eliminating pimples.
- Apply a paste of three or four teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Wash it off after a couple of minutes.
- You can likewise mix baking soda, cinnamon powder, lemon juice and honey.
- Apply baking soda mask on your back more than once a week to get a quick result.
Note: baking soda mask can be irritating to sensitive skin.
4.Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is the key ingredient. It helps in destroying the bacteria and also balances the PH of the skin.
- Blend the apple cider vinegar and water.
- Fill the mixture into the spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture consistently on your back acne before going to rest.
- You can also apply it anytime. Wait for twenty minutes prior to washing it off.
- Store ACV toner in your refrigerator for cooling impact on your acne.
- You can also use a cotton ball to apply ACV on your back skin inflammation.
Note: You can apply Apple Cider Vinegar two or three times a week to get a quick result.
Lemon Juice is a great remedy to treat acne on the back because of its acidic properties. It strengthens the sebum and extracts the unnecessary oil from the skin. You can use this remedy on a daily basis unless you have an extra dry skin.
Cut a lemon and use its pieces to rub the affected area of the skin. Let it stay on your skin for a couple of hours. At last, wash it with water.
Note: You can use a mixture of lemon juice and rose water to wash the affected skin altogether.
Many people don’t go for oat shower for getting rid of pimples. But you can have another method of applying cereal on your bacne. Just mix the honey with oats and made a custom mask. Cereal is ideal for removing extra oil and soil from your skin. Its nectar remains on your back skin for an unexpected time. During this time, it cures your back with antibacterial and calming properties. The antibacterial properties fight with the microbes. These microbes kill the redness and swelling caused by skin inflammation.
- Cook the oats with water
- Add two tbsp. of honey to the cooked oatmeal.
- Allow it to cool off.
- After cooling, the mixture may get a bit dry.
- If you feel so, you can apply some more honey.
- Apply this veil to your back acne.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off your body with water
Note: Apply this mixture once a day.
7.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a vital thing with its natural properties. It works very effectively as a remedy for back acne. It also clarifies the infected skin same as any other chemical ingredient.
- Include tea tree oil with water.
- Use a cotton ball apply this mixture to your back skin inflammation breakouts.
- Repeat it one to two times each day.
- Additionally, apply it before going to bed.
- You may store it, after preparation, in a container for later use.
Note: You must ensure that your skin is not damaged before applying this to your skin. Try to weaken the oil intensity with water in 5:95 proportion. It means that 6 sections of tea tree oil are supposed to be blended with 96 sections of water. For your understanding, 6 ml tea oil is supposed to be blended with 96 ml of water.
Peppermint leaves are enriched with salicylic acid and menthol. These are best for pain relieving and mitigating operators. These not only relaxes your torment and swelling. But it can sooth your affected skin because of its characteristic of cooling down.
- Crush the peppermint leaves with mortar and pestle.
- You’ll get a green smooth glue.
- Rub this glue on your skin breaks out influenced back.
- Leave for ten to twenty minutes.
- Wash off with water.
Note: For a good result, you can repeat this process two to three times each day.
Cinnamon is one of the most effective acne treatments.It is a nightmare for bacteria. When it is taken inside, it starts fighting with yeast diseases. It can be applied to the skin with the combination of nectar. This mixture will wipe out the microbes which hide behind your pimples.
- Blend all the fixings
- Apply the veil to the skin break out on your back
- Leave for ten minutes
- Wash off with tepid water
Note: Apply this mixture once a day.
Aloe Vera is the best remedy for every skin type problems. It can be used both internally and externally to recover your skin from different problems. Its consumptions usually accelerate the metabolism and strengthen the digestive system. It can also be applied externally to soften your skin. It can also be used for serious antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. It’s also ideal for relieving redness caused by the acne on your back. It also stops the scars which appear due to acne.
- Cut open a bit an aloe leaf
- Take out the thick gel out with your fingers
- Apply this to your back skin break out for feeling the calming help in a split second
- Repeat two to three times each day to recuperate your back acne flare-ups.
Note: In case you cannot get a fresh leaf, you can buy immaculate Aloe Vera gel.
11.White Willow Bark
White Willow Bark is a very strong remedy for getting rid of skin inflammation including back acne. It contains the salicin which is usually found in unlimited affordable acne creams. Salicylic corrosive removes the flaws and at the end, you get the bacne free skin. Furthermore, it also shows aggressiveness to microbes. Resultantly, you will get rid of redness and irritation.
- Keep the white willow bark in a pot
- Pour hot water over it
- Steep for ten minutes
- In the wake of soaking, strain the fluid use fine strainer.
- Add hazel and essential oil of any flavor.
- Blend well. You may store it in a container.
- With the assistance of cotton ball, apply the mixture on your back skin inflammation.
Note: Apply this two times each day.
12.Lavender oil bath
Lavender oil is very powerful for skin care because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Lavender oil also helps to reduce stress and calm the mind.
- Mix 7 drops of lavender essential oil in the warm bath and soak in for 20 minutes.
- Try this home remedy twice in a week. It will give you best results.
Tips to Avoid Pimples in the Back
There are some home remedies to eliminate acne. But these remedies require changing some of your habitual routines to avoid the pimples from reappearing.
Use a neutral soap: White soap does not smell and it’s best if you do not use smelling soaps on your skin.
Shower after a workout:After a work out,the sweet and oil trapped under tight clothing will clog pores and cause back acne.So you need have a shower.Use a body wash with benzoyl peroxide(like Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser) or salicylic acid(like Murad Acne Body Wash) to reduce breakouts and kill bacteria.You can also use over-the-counter version beauty products which contain ten percent benzoyl peroxide to remove back acne fast.
Exfoliate gently:Using a body scrub is another effective way to prevent back acne.This will help clear your clogged pores and remove the oil.You can exfoliate 2-3 times a week to get a better result.
Smart Clothes Choices: Clothes choices are important to avoid the acne generation process. In summers, try to wear light tops or clothes.Do not wear tight-fitting sportswear, as these clothes tend to cling sweat and oil to the skin.This will clog the back skin pores and cause back acne attacks.
Clean the sheets weekly:When you sleep on the sheets, your body oils and dead skin cells will rub off on to the sheets. If the sheets are not regularly changed, these Built-up oils and skin cells will generate a lot of bacteria that will lead to the back acne. You’d better clean the sheets, towels, bras and pajamas weekly.This can effectively reduce the risk of back acne.
Change the laundry detergent:Some laundry detergent can irritate your skin and cause chest or back acne.If you feel the skin itchy after wearing the clothes washed with detergent.You may realize your back acne is related to the detergent you have used.Then you need change the laundry detergent.
Balanced diet :A study have shown that foods high on the glycemic index such as rice,white breads and white pasta can cause your blood sugar rise fast and make your acne worse. You should eat more vegetables, lean protein,whole grains and fruits.
Clean with lemon: Lemon is the best natural thing for getting rid of acne. Make it your habit to apply one slice of lemon on the affected area at night.The caustic properties of the lemon are very effective for balancing the PH of the skin. Remember that this would be much effective at night. Because the sun can damage your skin at noon due to the acidity of the lemon. Also, if you are sensitive to the lemon smell, add few drops of tea tree oil in it.
How to Hide the Back Acne
There are many makeup products and other corrective products to hide the pimples. Its the common problem in young girls to have acne on the back. Whereas the buttons in the back do not experience as a resistance to femininity.
The back is considered as cleavage rather than sensual part of the body. For hiding the buttons, covering creams and dermatological corrective makeup are best options to be used.
As we have experienced that many products have perfect quick action on our skin regarding the treatment and camouflage. Hence, it is preferable to apply these creams for cleaning and drying skin.
For instance, you can initiate the process by applying a concealer on your skin. It will reduce redness. After that, apply a suitable foundation to your skin.
It is strongly suggested that someone should consider the quality of brand for acne correcting makeup. One other thing to keep in mind is the cleanliness of your hand while applying these products on your face.
There is also a chance of hormonal disorder which causes pimples on the back. However, it is the best way to apply any treatment after discussing the problem with a dermatologist.