Do you want to get rid of the bags under your eyes? The bags under your eyes will make you look old and ugly. This article provides you 12 natural remedies to remove the bags fast.
As you age, the tissue structures and muscles supporting your eyelids debilitate. The skin may begin to hang, and fat that is typically restricted to the zone around the eye (circle) can move into the territory beneath your eyes. Additionally, the space beneath your eyes can gather liquid, making the under-eye region seem puffy or swollen.
Common Causes of Bags Under Eyes
- Liquid maintenance because of changes in climate (for instance, hot, sticky days), hormone levels, or eating salty nourishments
- Not sufficiently getting the slumber
- Hypersensitivities or dermatitis, particularly if puffiness is joined by redness and tingling
- Heredity — under-eye bags can run in your family
12 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
Drink Plenty of Water
Often Under-eye bags can occur by water retention because of the heavy salt concentration in an area. It can happen after crying or eating a salty dinner. Whether it’s from salty food or tears, salt draws water to your face and makes it collect under your eyes.
- Drinking more water is the easiest way to get rid of it, as it helps to flush excess toxins out of your body.
- When your body is well hydrated, the chance of water retention gets less. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to stay well hydrated.
Note: Stay away from caffeinated and carbonated beverages that cause you to become dehydrated, like coffee and alcohol.
You’ve probably heard that placing cucumbers over your eyes will help remove bags, but actually, it’s the cool temperature that comforts the area. Cucumbers need to be the perfect shape, size, and chilled texture to treat under-eye bags.
- Cut a cucumber into thick cuts and put them to be chilled in the icebox for 30 minutes. Apply the cuts onto the influenced skin range around 10 minutes. At that point, wash with clean water. Rehash it twice day by day for around a week.
- Another option is to mix the juice of cucumber and lemon in equal amounts. You can use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the damaged skin, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for one week at least.
Note: Cucumber has skin-lightening and gentle astringent properties that help alter these commonly and have a calming and invigorating impact. This cure will likewise decrease wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
There are natural bleaching elements present in potatoes that help to get rid of puffiness around your eyes. This is also helpful for fading dark circles under the eyes.
- Grate one or two chilled potatoes to extract the juice. Use a cotton ball in the juice and apply it over your closed eyes. You should make sure that the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Let the juice sit for 10 to 15 minutes. After that, rinse your eyelids with cool water. Repeat it once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, thick potato slices can also be used to remove dark circles.
Note: Use this solution three to five times a week to get a quick result.
Both green tea bags and black tea bags can help soothe your puffy and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties, which help to reduce swelling around the eyes. They can also cure redness and inflammation.
- Boil 2 teabags in hot water for a few minutes, then take them out and bob them up and down until they are soaked properly. Now allow to let them cool on a plate. Lie down somewhere comfortable, put the tea bags over your eyelids, and with a soft cloth, cover them. Leave them for 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: Hopefully, things will look a little less puffy when you recheck the mirror. Repeat a few times a day. Please leave them in place for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat a few t
This easy home remedy is surprisingly very effective. It helps to tighten up the skin around the eyes and relaxation of blood vessels, thus offering comfort to puffy and tired eyes.
- Chill 5 or 6 metal spoons in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes. The rounded portion of cold spoons against your eye for a few minutes until the spoon becomes warm. As the spoon gets warm, replace it with another cold one from the refrigerator.
Note: Apply it at least one time a day.
Change your sleeping position
Those who sleep sides or on their stomachs increase the chance of waking up with under-eye bags, as during the night, these positions allow fluid to collect under the eyes. Side sleepers may notice that the eye on the side they sleep on has a larger bag than the eye on the other side.
- Try sleeping on your back gradually more often than your stomach or side. Although it’s not easy to change sleeping positions, so maybe at first you can have a little difficulty getting used to it. You can try adding pillows to your sides to make it easier to sleep on your back.
- If you’re a back sleeper, you can use a second pillow under your head. It won’t let the fluid collect under your eyes at night with your head at a slightly downward angle.
Note: Try this for 1 week. You will see the improvement.
It is considered an incredible characteristic fixing which is extremely advantageous for the fragile skin around your eyes. If you utilize almond oil consistently, it will help blur your under-eye circles.
Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it on overnight, and the next morning, wash it off thoroughly using cold water. Apply this remedy daily until the dark circles recover.
Note: In addition to it, you can apply vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes
Rosewater naturally has incredible ingredients for skincare. It has a natural soothing effect on tired eyes and rejuvenates the skin. Even it also works as a good skin toner due to its mild astringent properties.
- In rose water, drench cotton eyeballs for a couple of minutes; after that, put the drenched cushions precisely on your shut eyelids. Abandon them on for 10 minutes.
Note: You can apply this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have natural bleaching properties to lighten skin to a great extent.
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice. Now apply this gently on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Then Rinse it off with water. You can apply it twice a day for about a few weeks. You can use only tomato juice instead.
- Drinking a glass of tomato juice with salt, lemon juice, and some mint leaves can also help you.
Note: Make sure to drink this juice immediately after making it for the best results. Follow it once or twice a day for about a week.
Lemon juice has skin-lightening properties, and the vitamin C present in it can also help remove dark circles under your eyes.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. After that, leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Follow this at least once daily for about a few weeks.
- You can also make a thick paste by mixing two tablespoons of tomato puree, one tablespoon of lemon juice, turmeric powder, and a pinch of gram flour (Besan). After making this paste, apply it around your eyes gently. After 10 to 15 minutes, Rinse it off with clean water. Repeat it twice or thrice a week.
Note: If you feel any burning sensation due to lemon juices, then discontinue their use.
If you have problems with having puffy eyes regularly in the morning, then one of the best remedies to combat it is milk. Milk helps to soothe and cool your tired eyes, and also by the tissues under your eyes reduces water retention.
- Use two cotton pads to dip in chilled milk. Now apply these cotton pads over the eyes and take a rest for 20-30 minutes. After that, with cold water, wash it off to see normal-looking eyes.
Note: For best result, repeat this remedy for a few days
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E helps to keep the skin under the eye health as it is necessary for skin health. This also reduces the swelling around the eyes.
- Make a mixture of few drops of vitamin E oil with chilled water taken in a bowl. Mix it properly. Now take cotton pads and dip in this mixture. Place it on the eyes.
Note: Leave the cotton pads for about 20 minutes over the eyes to reduce swelling under the eyes.
How to Prevent Bags Under Eyes
- It’s as imperative to forestalling puffy eyes as it is to decrease dark circles. Begin by getting no less than eight hours of great rest a night.
- Staying decently hydrated can help avert puffy eyes. Drinking many solid fluids, particularly water, helps keep general skin tone firm and full looking.
- Curtailed salt. Holding body liquid can result in puffy, uncooked-looking skin. Diminishing salt admission encourages lessen the inclination to hold abundance water. A simple approach to curtailing salt? Diminish the handled foods in your eating routine.
- Utilization cool packs. Some skin specialists advocate the de-puffing force of chilled, sodden green tea sacks. Cool cucumber cuts or a pack of solidified peas or carrots wrapped in a fabric on the eyes for 10 to 15 minutes might likewise help, or a gel eye-cover could likewise do the trap.
- Consider nonessential fillers. These can help if collagen and elastin separate, bringing on encompassing skin to puff out. Fillers may diminish the look of puffiness.