Freestanding pulls up bars are built as a free-standing unit designed to be more of a workout station allowing you to carry out various exercises than just pull-ups. With a free standing pull up bar, you don’t need to drill holes in your walls or have pads that rub against your house walls leaving spots.
The fact that these pull up bars are free standing as the unit with no support poses the most significant challenge there is. Workout routines are a real deal, and you can’t afford to have a free standing pull up bar that is collapsible or one that wobbles incessantly.
Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars Comparison Chart
|Name||Feature 1||Feature 2||Editor’s Rating|
|Weslo Weider power Tower||Padded hand grips for pull ups and push ups||Good training experience||4.5/5|
|Stamina 1690 power tower||Multiple exercise station incorporated in one workstation||Freestanding design to easily fit into any home work out area||4.5/5|
|Bowflex Body tower||Seven levels of adjustment giving allowance for over 20 exercises||Sturdy and Solid with large base making it the most stable free pull up bar||4.0/5|
|Body Champ fitness power tower||Adjustable height to suit a variety of clients||Robust and sturdy base with slip resistance grips||4.2/5|
|Carp Barbell power free standing pull up bar||Structure are double gusseted to reinforce stability and durability||Supports doing push-ups & pull-ups, levers and toes to bar||4.0/5|
5 Free Standing Pull Up Bars Review in 2019
1. The weslo Weider power Tower free standing pull up bar
The weslo weider power Tower free standing pull up bar contains everything you can want for full body work. The pull-up bar is made by Weider who is known for making durable and strong fitness equipment for the past 50 years with numerous awards to show for their consistency.
Weider gives everyone from novice to pro the tools and options to either trim down or bulk. Made from heavy-duty steel, Weider is built to ensure absolute quality. With its new incorporated knee raised station allowing you to target your entire core, Weider features more than just a pull-up station.
High max weight capacity: This feature makes Weider suitable for heavy and pro users. With a maximum capacity of 300 pounds, it is ideal for most people. The wobbling is minimal for people around 250 pounds thereby guaranteeing safety. Thanks to its high ability, it offers professionals and novice an avenue to carry out various fitness activities including weighted pull ups, dips or chin ups.
High structure: Standing at 84 inches, Weider is suitable for most tall people and provides a far better training experience. You can easily bend your knees while carrying out pull ups or chin down drills.
Good training experience
The width of the dip bars is 24 inches, and they are 49 inches from the ground which is suitable for almost anyone. The distance between is designed as such that the bars are not too broad nor too narrow. Hence, you can focus on your triceps training.
- Pull up stations hand grips are padded to define biceps and forearms
- Push up stations hand grip are padded to work biceps and shoulders
- Dip stations hand grips are padded to build chest and triceps endurance
- Vertical knee raised station to possess cushioned armrest to target core strength, sculpt, tone and isolate abs
- Vinyl cushioned back support
- Durable, Solid frame and high stability
- Good user experience with the presence of multiple pads and cushioning
- Great weight capacity
- Versatile workout station
- Fixed large frame, uneasy to move
- Missing parts, some assemblies are required
- Badly drilled holes
2. Stamina 1690 power tower free standing pull up bar
Stamina Products are well known for their exercise equipment and manufacture a range of products from exercise bikes to rowers and adjustable dumbbells to home gyms
If what you want is a free standing pull up bar workout device with multiple exercise station, the stamina 1960 power tower is by far the best choice for you. With over 25 years’ experience in the business, Stamina products have mastered the art of producing equipment that will perform well and stand the test of time. With other productions including exercise bikes, rowers, home gyms and adjustable dumbbells, you can rest assured of stability and quality.
The 1690 power tower free standing pull up bar is a simple yet efficient home station that will allow you perfect all your pull ups and chin ups at the same time give you a wide range of diverse workout by allowing you to do triceps, dips, vertical knee raises that target the core.
- Multiple exercise station incorporated in one workstation
- Supports sit-ups, triceps, push up, dips, pull ups and more
- Robust steel frame for rock-solid support
- Freestanding design to easily fit into any home work out area
- Comfortable non – slippery grips
- It is a great workout unit overall with excellent customer ratings
- Excellent value for money
- Easy to set up
- Multiple workout stations
- Solid steel frame construction
- Wide grip angled pull up bar
- Weights 250 lbs
- No back cushioning
- Pull up bar distance seems a little too wide to some users
3. The Body champ Fitness power tower
The body champ fitness power tower offers its users versatility by featuring five different stations. With its strength circuit, you can perform workout routines like pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, knee raises, dips and a lot more.
It is perfect for home, and client use with adjustable hand grips and a VKR station for abdominal knee raises as well as dip function. Constructed by power tower which has been in business since the early 1990s, the body champ fitness power tower is built to last and offer comfort.
- Handles are equipped with the grip
- Strong, sturdy base with slip resistance grips
- Strong and stable structure
- Adjustable height to suit the variety of clients
- Multi-station workout tower enabling full upper and lower body targeted workouts
- Versatile workout station
- Durable solid and adjustable height
- Padded grips and arm cushions
- Ergonomic design for comfort
- Adjustable height to suit all users.
- Allow multiple grip positions to target all angles.
- Strong, sturdy base with slip resistance foot grip
- Weights 250 lbs
- The perpendicular grip is missing.
- Requires assembling
4. Carp Barbell power free standing pull up bar
There is no other pull up bar in this category and price range that gets close to the carp barbell power free standing pull up bar. It is simply rugged. It is a robust free standing pull up bar that allows users to perform heavy workouts and dynamic movements like 360 muscle up and other advanced exercises. With the Carp babell power free standing pull up bar, you can carry out activities such as pull ups, chin ups, leg raises, dips, planches, flags, levers, squats, deadlifts and bench press.
- Can be easily combined with variants of equipment for a more efficient workout
- Great looking and simple design
- Structure are double gusseted to reinforce stability and durability
- Supports doing push-ups & pull-ups, levers and toes to bar
- Simple and good looking design
- Good value for money
- The broad base gives it stability.
- Fully adjustable squat rack
- Easy to assemble and use
- Supplementary items like bar, bands and plates are not included
- Not so stable while doing advanced movements
- The dimension of the base ensures it takes a large space
5. Bowflex body tower
If you are looking for a stationed gym that combines all of the benefits of a standard pull up and dips tower, the Bowflex body tower is your answer. It offers an unmatched range of exercises owing to some unique features that come with it.
The Bowflex body tower comes with adjustable dip bars and the attached handles and slings that create more exercise option and allows you to work out as you desire. With its 50 inches wide base, this freestanding pulls up bar; the Bowflex body tower is arguably the most stable free standing pull up bar in its category.
- Can Perform more than a variety of exercise, including push-ups, sit-ups, squats, planks, pull-ups, knee and leg raises, dips, and more
- Comes with hand grips and additional slings
- Comfortable foam cushion back support pad
- Seven levels of adjustment giving allowance for over 20 exercises
- Sturdy and Solid with large base making it the most stable free pull up bar in its category
- Makes allowance for a variety of exercises
- Seven different level
- Very sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- Stable and compact base
- Very short (6’2 ft)
- Wide footprint takes large space
- Foam padding is non-resistance
Buyers Guide-How to Choose Best Free Standing Pull up Bar
Given that there are numerous design and types of free standing pull up bar out there included in this section are the various factors that should influence buyer’s choice of a free-standing to pull up bar.
Quality: Steel is the most solid and a choice that we would recommend for every buyer who wants to get a pull-up bar. Even though it might not be quickly moved from one area to the other within the room, it is sturdier and reliable compared to the portable aluminium. Aluminium is brittle, and they wobble a lot during exercises.
Exercise unit: Most free standing pull up bars contains multiple exercise stations thereby offering versatility and flexibility with regards to the number of exercises you can carry out on it. A wall mounted bar, or a doorway pull bar can only cover for pull up activities. The best free standing pull up bars will not only allow you to work on your upper muscles but also on your lower body part while still carrying out press ups and sit up’s
Weight factor: Weight is a significant factor while shopping for a free standing pull up bar. A freestanding pull-up bar can only be useful to you if it is above your weight range. To avoid frequent wobble and damage pull bar, it will be fantastic to consider weight while shopping for a free standing pull up bar. If it cannot take your weight, of what use will it be?
Height factor: Height is another essential factor to consider when going for a free standing pull up bar. A perfect pull includes your arm being fully stretched out in a hanging position which implies that your typical pull bar must be height adjustable. Before you get a pull bar, ensure the height is flexible right from the start
Durability: Some companies are known for sturdy and stable equipment that can last for a long time. Look out for their product when shopping for a pull-up bar. It is better to buy quality than to buy two pull up bars in no distant time because the first one broke or got damaged. Of what benefit will that cheap china product give you if it doesn’t last more than few months?
Cost: Buy a good free standing pull up bar that will give you a good run for your money. There is some equipment in the market that is costly, and their features do not in any way justify their price. Quality is the ultimate goal. The cost should be visible in the class and the elements that are consist.
Stability: With no adequate base support, your free standing pull up bar is just an accident waiting to happen. The stress and movement pull up bars are subjected to during workout will cause severe stress for brittle frames with no substantial base support.
What are the benefits of using an at home pull bar?
The presence of a home pull bar gives you entirely to practice basic compound upper body exercises at your convenience. Since the equipment often comes with variations, different tasks can be performed to raise your fitness level. A pull up bar in your apartment with a different variety to give you the desired fitness level you want.
Why should I use a pull-up bar for exercise?
A pull-up bar will work your entire upper body along with your abs and biceps. With a pull-up bar, you will get the desired stability you want and security. From the corner of your house, you can practice all those pull ups, chin ups, dead hangs and all other routines.
Is a pull-up bar a helpful tool to improve overall workout?
A pull-up bar is the most helpful tool to improve your overall work. There is nothing more beneficial than a bodyweight exercise. Being able to do pull-ups implies you are lifting your body weight which is way better than weight lifting. It will help to build body muscles faster while still maintaining your routine.
What muscle group are developed through the use of pull up bar?
The pull-up bar involves varying exercises which require the use of many muscles in the body. To carry out this various routine, you are going to make use of supportive and larger muscle groups, your latissimus dorsi (lats) as well as your biceps. The pull-up bar ensures that you use and stabilise many muscles from a simple series of exercises.
The Stamina 1690 power tower and Weslo Weider power tower are the best choices for those who want to get a pull-up bar with multiple exercise station because of the outstanding qualities that possess and the incredible comfort they bring.
Stamina products and Weslo weider are known for quality and stability which are apparent features in both pull-up bars. Based on additional features and overall comfort, The Weslo Weider power tower stands as a better choice.
The Bowflex body tower boasts of multiple workouts due to the various elements that comes with it. With a 50 inches base, it is one of the most stable pulls out bar although it comes shortly regarding height. If your height falls below 6’2ft, the Bowflex body tower is another option for you.
At its category and price range, no other pull up bar beats of the Carp Barbell power free standing pull up bar. Its strength and stability are unmatched. If you want a pull-up bar at a lower price, Carp babell power free-standing bar is a good option. The Body champ Fitness power tower is also an excellent alternative to Stamina 1690 and Weslo wider power tower. Its versatility is an added advantage, and it is built for comfort.