How to get rid of the black eye fast? There are different reasons why people get black eye but one of the most common reasons is being hit in the face. Aside from the usual bruising that can be seen near the eye area, having a black eye can also cause some people not to see clearly for a certain period of time. There are also some people who experience getting headaches because of their black eye.
There are also other possible reasons for acquiring a black eye or a swollen eye. Some of these reasons include getting facelifts or cosmetic surgery, having some nasal injuries, getting hit by a door, a wall or by any flat surface and even having extreme allergic reactions.
If you have a black eye and you would like to get rid of the black eye fast, you are in luck because there are various home remedies that are available. Do remember that if your black eye is serious and you are experiencing bleeding on your black eye, you may want to go to the hospital first to have yourself checked since these home remedies can only work if you are sure that you are out of danger.
10 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Black Eye Fast
A lot of people are familiar with oatmeal simply because this is what they usually eat when they are on a diet. It seems that some people are not aware that oatmeal can also be used as an effective home remedy against the black eye. It has some properties that can help make the swelling of the black eye go down considerably.
- Place oatmeal in warm water and leave it there for about 5minutes.
- Place the warmed oatmeal around the eye area.
- Massage gently for 10 minutes.
Note: Do this every day for about 3 – 5 days for the best results.
Apply Ice Pack
This is an obvious solution and in fact, a lot of times that people get black eyes in movies and television shows, they usually make use of the ice pack. Do remember that placing the ice pack on the black eye would have to be done as soon as possible so that it can have an effect. Ice will help in the reduction of the swelling of the area surrounding the eye. It can also stop internal bleeding so that the bruises will not be that bad.
- Wrap a few pieces of ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- If you have an ice pack holder, this will help too.
- Hold the ice pack over the affected area for about 10 minutes.
Note: Do this about 3 times every day for a few days.
Metal is a good conductor so it is no surprise that when you place it in a cool place, the metal spoon will also start getting cold. The cold is very important in getting rid of the black eye because it can stop the possibility of internal bleeding near the eye area and can help reduce the possibility of getting darker bruises around the eye area.
- Place the metal spoon inside the refrigerator and leave it there for a few minutes.
- Place the metal spoon on top of the eyes.
- Leave it there until the spoon becomes room temperature.
Use Warm Compress to Get Rid of Black Eye
If you think that only the ice pack can be helpful for the eyes then you are mistaken. Placing a warm compress on your eye about a day or two after you have gotten the black eye can help improve blood circulation on your eyes and can help the black eye heal faster.
- If you have a warm compress holder, place warm water and place it on the eye.
- Put the warm compress on the eye and leave it there until the warm compress becomes cool enough.
Note: Do this about 3 – 4 times a day.
Arnica oil has a lot of healing properties that can help cure the black eye at the soonest possible time.
- Get a few drops of Arnica oil and place it on the eye area.
- Leave the Arnica oil on the eye area overnight.
Note: Do this for about 3 days straight or until results can be apparent.
For those who are not too familiar with what Marigold is, it is also known as Calendula. It has some properties that can help relieve the inflammation of the eye. It can also promote healing so that the black eye can be healed sooner.
- Get a few petals and place them on a cup of hot water.
- Steep for about 15 minutes.
- Place on the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Using a clean cloth, soak the cloth and place it on the eye.
Note: Do this about 3 times a day.
Apply Cucumber to Get Rid of Black Eye Naturally
One great fact about a cucumber that a lot of people might already know is that its temperature is usually cooler on the inside. This is the main reason why placing it in a cool place will make its insides even cooler. While it is commonly used in order to make eye bags go away, this can also be effective in getting rid of bruises around the eye.
- Chill the cucumber in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice the cucumber into thin pieces.
- Place a slice of cucumber above the affected eye area.
Note: Leave it there until the cucumber becomes warm.
Pineapple and Papaya Mix
If in case you are not aware, Pineapple and Papaya can be mixed together in order to be a good home remedy against the black eye. The main reason for this is because both fruits contain enough antioxidants that can help cure the black eye at the soonest possible time.
- Mash together pineapple and papaya and apply the pulpy mixture on the eye area.
- Leave it there for a few minutes.
- Clean the area with cold water.
- Tea Bags
This is usually recommended to be placed on the eye about a day or two after the incident that has caused the black eye. The warmth of the tea bag will be enough to ensure that the blood circulation near the eye area will become back to normal. This will help reduce the swelling of the eyes.
- Place the tea bags on the eye area when it is still warm.
- Leave it on the tea bag for about 10 – 15 minutes on the eye.
- Clean the eye with clean water after.
Apply Olive Oil
Olive oil is known to be good natural oil and this reason is enough to make it one of the best oils to use as a home remedy to make the black eye become healed faster. Olive oil also contains some essential nutrients that can help reduce the swelling of the eyes.
- Place a few drops of olive oil near the eye area.
- Massage the oil in gentle, circular motions for about 10 minutes.
- Leave on the eye area for about half an hour.
- Wash off with cool water.
With all of these home remedies available, the black eye that you have acquired may be gone in a matter of days. So try these 10 best home remedies to get rid of a black eye now.