How to get rid of canker sores on the tongue? Many people get canker sores, and they are usually very disconcerting for many people, especially those who often experience it.
If in case you are wondering how you are going to prevent canker sores from being present inside your mouth, you have to remember that there is no known reason why you may be suffering from canker sores, although there are a variety of factors that may contribute to it such as the following:
- Braces – If you have braces and they constantly rub against each other, there is a chance that you are more prone to canker sores.
- Biting Your Tongue – If you have accidentally bitten your tongue, there is a chance that this will result in having canker sores.
- Accidentally Hurting Yourself While Brushing – There is a chance that you are brushing your teeth as usual, but you made a wrong move, and this has caused your toothbrush to come in contact the wrong way with your gums and tongue. This can then result in having canker sores.
- Stress – You may find this surprising, but there are times when you may be stressed out, and this can cause you to have sores.
- Illness – There are instances when the ultimate reason why you have canker sores is because of an underlying illness that you may or may not be aware of.
Aside from these things that are mentioned above, other reasons may also lead to having canker sores. Once you have them, they can usually make you feel uncomfortable. Remember that you have to remember that you now have to figure out how you can get rid of your canker sores at the soonest possible time. Here are just some home remedies that you can try:
How to Get Rid of Canker Sores on Tongue Fast
Chamomile is known to have a lot of good effects. First of all, it induces sleep. It can also make people more relaxed overall. Aside from this, chamomile is also known to be working well for digestion. The best thing about chamomile tea is that it can easily reduce inflammation and make the inflammation go away soon.
- Prepare a bag of chamomile tea and place it on a cup of hot water.
- Wait for the tea bag to steep.
- Try to swish the tea on the mouth once it has cooled a bit so that it can come across with the canker sores.
Read: 18 Amazing Benefits of Chamomile Tea for Your Health
Use Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Canker Sores on Tongue
There is a chance that you are already familiar with coconut oil and the various things that it can do. Coconut oil is the favorite of many people simply because it is tasty and has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prepare coconut oil on a small dish.
- Use a cotton swab and place the coconut oil directly on the canker sores.
- Do it several times, and you will see results after.
Read: Health Benefits of Coconut Oil-31 Reasons to Use Daily
Honey is yet again another ingredient that many people love because aside from the fact that it tastes good, it also has a lot of properties that can make it work well. It has anti-inflammatory properties but does remember that you have to choose organic honey because this can work a lot.
- Make sure that you will first gargle with warm water.
- Place a huge amount of honey on the canker sores.
- Do this about 2 – 3 times every day. Do remember that you would have to do this until you start seeing some changes.
Use Cayenne to Get Rid of Canker Sores on Tongue
Many people may be surprised to see cayenne here, but cayenne contains capsaicin which can help a lot in getting rid of the pain brought about by having canker sores. You may not want to do this but do remember that it can help you out a lot.
- Mix warm water with ground cayenne pepper.
- Make sure that you will add enough cayenne pepper so it will not be too hot.
- Mix them until they form a paste.
- Use q – tips to place directly on the canker sore.
- Reapply about 2 – 3 times a day.
Many people know how aloe can be very helpful in getting rid of canker sores, probably because of its soothing properties. It can ensure that the pain you are feeling because of the canker sores will go away.
- Get the aloe gel and mix it in with water.
- Once you have successfully mixed it in, gargle.
- This would have to be done about 3 times a day.
Generally, what alum powder can do is make sure that the area will be dry at all times. This will then facilitate healing and will make sure that your canker sores will go away after some time. Remember that you are not supposed to use too much alum powder since this can be bad for you.
- Place alum powder that is the size of the pea on the canker sore.
- Make sure that you will wait for a minute.
- Spit out the alum with your saliva. You are not recommended to rinse off the alum with water.
- After a day, the pain caused by your canker sore will go away.
Apply Yogurt to Get Rid of Canker Sores on Tongue
You have to remember that there is a live culture in yogurt, and this fact alone makes it perfect to be used for canker sores. The use of yogurt will balance out the bacteria you can find in your stomach, and it can also balance out the bacteria found in your mouth. Doing this will help get rid of your canker sore at the soonest possible time.
- Find yogurt that comes with live cultures to make it more effective.
- You would have to eat yogurt at least three times a day. You may split one cup of yogurt and eat it throughout the day.
- You can also add a bit of honey to make it taste better, but this is optional.
Read: 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Yogurt
If you are not familiar with what saline rinse is, it is typically only made up of salt and water. The great thing about this is that it can easily make sure that your mouth will become disinfected, which means that it can get rid of the bacteria that may be causing the amount of saline to increase inside your mouth.
- Prepare a warm glass of water.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Swish the saline solution on your mouth, especially on the area where the sore is located.
- Spit the solution after about a minute.
- This can be done about 3 times a day.
The things mentioned above are just some of the ways that you can do to help get rid of your canker sores. Do remember that there may still be other home remedies available, but if the home remedies you are trying to do are not working anymore, you can make sure that you will consult your doctor about it.