Are you suffering from a painful itchy yeast infection? Try to use coconut oil to get rid of the yeast infection fast and naturally!
Coconut oil is a white semi-solid fatty oil extracted from coconut. It has many health benefits such as skin care, hair health, and immune system.It has been used in a lot of foods, soaps, and cosmetics.
Yeast, also known as Candida, is a type of fungi which usually present in our digestive system and help out with nutrient absorption and digestion.Like good and bad bacteria, there are also good yeast and bad yeast. When overproduced, candida can break down the intestinal walls and enter the bloodstream. This can cause a yeast infection or leaky gut and may lead to different health issues.
The main symptoms of yeast infection are irritation, intense itching, and discharge.If you are suffering from thrush, red itchy skin, persistent bloating, and fatigue, there is a chance that you developed a yeast infection.Although you can treat it with prescription or over-the-counter creams, you can also use coconut oil to get rid of yeast infection.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
The common symptoms of candida overgrowth or yeast infection include:
- Nail and skin fungal infections, such as toenail fungus and athlete’s foot
- Suffering from fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue
- Skin problems like rashes, psoriasis, eczema, and hives
- Vaginal infections, rectal itching, urinary infections or vaginal itching
- Cravings for refined carbohydrate and sugar
- Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, or lupus
You may also experience mood swings, irritability, fatigue, depression or anxiety.
How does coconut oil cure yeast infection?
Coconut oil has been proven to treat yeast infection.It can destroy the nucleus of yeast candida cells and reduces inflammation of the affected area.
- Coconut oil contains high levels of lauric, caprylic, and capric acid, which possess antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.They can kill the harmful bacteria while leaving friendly bacteria.
- The caprylic acid present in coconut oil helps in breaking down the cell membrane which inhibits yeast from multiplying and replicating itself.
- Coconut oil has high levels of lauric acid. This nutrient strengthens the immune system to combat yeast infection and control candida overgrowth.
- In addition to killing fungal growths, coconut oil also helps in the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- Coconut oil is an anti-oxidant which can kill the excess yeast and other fungal growth in the body.
- Coconut oil can form a protective layer which can act as a barrier against rubbing and irritating for sensitive skin.
- You can also add the coconut oil to your diet. It contains raw fats which can be easily converted into energy instead of storing it as fat.
How do you use coconut oil to cure yeast infections?
Try the following popular methods, which have no side effects, to treat yeast infections. Make sure that you include probiotics in your diet to combat the infection successfully.
Coconut Oil For Vaginal Yeast Infection
Almost 70% of women get a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their life. The common symptoms are swelling of the vulva, redness, burning sensation, and thick discharge. Below are some ways to use coconut for vaginal yeast infection.
Rinse the area with water and use a soft towel to dry thoroughly. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the area. Repeat the application two to three times a day to clear the infection.
You can also mix the cinnamon oil and coconut oil in equal amounts.Apply this to the affected area after cleaning and leave it well. Do it two or three times until it completely cures the infection.
During coconut oil douching, the solution is sprayed on the affected areas and helps in cleansing, reducing itching sensation and discharge.
- To use this treatment, add three to four tablespoons of coconut oil in two quarts of warm distilled water.
- Use this solution for douching and repeat the treatment until the infection is gone.
Another effective method that ensures coconut oil has direct contact to vagina walls is by using a tampon.
- Soak an unbleached tampon in coconut oil for a few minutes and insert it into the vagina.
- Leave it for up to 8 hours before removing.
- Rinse off the area and dry completely. Follow this treatment daily for five days.
This technique works like a tampon, but in this method, you will insert coconut oil suppositories. This may alleviate the symptoms of infection within two applications.
- Melt two tablespoons of coconut oil and add four drops each of Melaleuca and lavender essential oil (You can also use other essential oils).
- Mix it well and transfer the mixture into a stick-shaped silicon mold. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove the suppositories from the silicon mold.
- Place them in a container and break them according to the size you need.
- Insert one suppository into the vagina and leave it on overnight.
- The oil will melt, so it’s best to wear a pad to avoid any mess.
- Repeat the process until you find relief from the yeast infection.
This is an easy way to control yeast infection.
- Add a few drops of coconut oil into a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak your body in for a few minutes to get relief from itching and irritation.
- Repeat this process every day until the infection disappears.
- You can combine this method with other solutions mentioned above.
You can also try a coconut shower. Add 3 – 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to 2 liters of warm distilled water.Try to have a show use this solution.By doing this, the coconut oil solution can be sprayed directly into the vagina which helps cleanse, reduce itching and discharge.
Coconut Oil For Oral Thrush
Yeast overgrowth in the mouth results in oral thrush. It can develop on gums, tongue, palate and inner cheeks. Some symptoms of oral thrush include slight swelling, bleeding, pain, and cottage cheese color. Here’s how to use coconut oil for yeast infection in the mouth:
- Melt one to two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Gargle with warm coconut oil. Swish it around your mouth for at least 10 seconds before spitting it out.
- Do not drink or eat for at least 30 minutes.
- Follow this treatment until you clear the infection.
Coconut Oil For Skin Yeast Infection
Some of the symptoms of skin yeast infection include itching, swelling, and redness. You can inhibit the growth of infection by applying coconut oil directly on the skin and let it dry. Follow this treatment regularly to notice improvements.
In addition, you can also mix coconut oil with other ingredients for additional benefits and faster healing. Here are some natural remedies that you can try.
- Coconut Oil with Oregano Oil
The anticandidal properties in oregano oil make it a great combination with coconut oil when it comes to treating skin yeast infection.
- Simply mix equal amounts of these two oils and apply the mixture on the skin.
- Let it dry completely.
- Follow this treatment as often as needed for immediate relief.
- Coconut Oil with Cinnamon Oil
You can also combine coconut with cinnamon oil to control the overgrowth of candida and alleviate the symptoms of infection.
- Combine equal amounts of cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Apply it on the affected areas and let it dry.
- Repeat this treatment regularly to clear the infection fast.
- Coconut Oil with Vitamin E and Garlic Oil
The strong antifungal and antibacterial properties of garlic and coconut oil can combat yeast infection effectively. Adding vitamin E can speed up the healing process of the skin by encouraging the production of new skin cells.
- To use this treatment, add a few drops of vitamin E oil and garlic oil into coconut oil.
- Mix it well and apply the mixture directly on the affected areas.
- Allow your skin to absorb the oils.
- Follow this remedy regularly to get rid of the infection.
Coconut Oil For Yeast Infection in the Intestine
The common symptoms of candida overgrowth in the intestine include constipation, persistent burping, stomach cramps and bloating. You can control the infection by using coconut oil.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Add a few drops of coconut oil to a glass of fresh lemon juice. Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Repeat every morning to eliminate the infection in the intestines.
Coconut Oil Enema (Under qualified professional supervision)
Unlike most antifungal drugs, using coconut oil to treat candida overgrowth has no side effects. It also has cholesterol controlling and weights losing properties.
- Mix 8 ounces of coconut oil with one and a half quarts of water.
- Warm up the mixture up to 40 Celsius or 105 Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the solution into an enema pump.
- Under the supervision of a qualified professional, pump the solution into the colon through the anus.
- Follow the process until the infection is gone.
Try Coconut Oil Diet to Treat Yeast Infections From the Inside
In addition to the topical application, consider incorporating coconut oil in your diet to control the yeast growth internally. This oil can also help in boosting your immune system to fight the infection.
- Apply coconut oil on your bread or toast instead of butter.
- Add a few drops of it to coffee, oatmeal, cornflakes, fruits, and vegetables.
- Use coconut oil for cooking and baking instead of other regular cooking oil.
- Try to eat more fermented foods which can help you get rid of yeast infection.
- Avoid foods that contain sugar. Do not use bleached tampons, scented pads, and bubble baths.
- Avoid buying hydrogenated coconut oil and opt for organic virgin coconut oil.
- Avoid scented pads, bubble baths, and bleached tampons until the infection clears.
- Do not use coconut oil if you are allergic to it.
- Coconut oil has a lot of other benefits like healthier skin, shiny hair, reduce cholesterol levels, and improve the immune system.
How long does it take for coconut oil to treat candida infection?
Risks and Warnings
Although coconut oil has no negative effect, you should also be careful when using it.Those who are allergic to coconuts should not use coconut oil for yeast infection. If you are pregnant or have other health conditions. You should consult your physician first before applying coconut oil.