How to get rid of dark circles under the eyes?There are a lot of people who get dark circles under their eyes because of various reasons. For some people, it is hereditary since other people in their family normally have under-eye circles. Aside from this, however, there are still different reasons people get dark circles under their eyes. Some of these reasons are the following:
- Lack of Sleep
- Dry skin under eyes
- Unhealthy diet
If you are experiencing anything of the things mentioned above, you can be pretty sure that this is the main reason you have dark under-eye circles that you would like to get rid of at the soonest possible time. Would you like to get rid of the dark circles under your eyes at the soonest possible time? Here are just some of the things that you can do:
10 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles under Eyes
If you think that you will use cooked potato, remember that you should use raw potatoes. Raw potatoes are known to have a lightning feature that will enable dark under-eye circles to be gone. At the same time, potatoes can also help get rid of puffy eyes.
- You would need to extract the juice from the potato, and you may do this by grating the potatoes thoroughly.
- Once the juice has already been extracted, you would have to use a cotton ball to place it on the affected area.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- This would have to be done twice a day until obvious results can be seen.
Like potatoes, tomatoes also have bleaching properties that can help get rid of the circles under the eye at the soonest possible time. Regularly placing tomatoes on the affected area will allow you to get rid of the dark circles under your eyes at the soonest possible time.
- Mix the tomato with lemon juice.
- Place the mixture on the problem areas of the dark under-eye area for about 10 minutes.
- Do this twice a day.
Have you ever wondered why many people usually make use of cucumbers whenever they would like to get rid of their puffy eyes? This is because of the properties of cucumber that can lighten up the areas of the eyes and make the eyes feel refreshed at the soonest possible time.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and chill them. Sometimes, people would chill them for 30 minutes, while others would chill them overnight.
- After chilling, place on the eye area for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the eye area afterward with water.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has always been known to be good for the skin. The main reason for this is because it has vitamin C. The best thing about lemon juice is that it has skin-lightening properties that can effectively lighten dark under-eye circles.
- Extract fresh lemon juice from the lemon.
- Place the lemon juice on the under-eye area for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the lemon juice.
- This would have to be done once a day.
- Silver Spoon
The thing about spoons is they can become cool easily. This can be placed in the refrigerator for a few minutes if you need to make your eyes look a little less puffy, or you may place it for a long time depending on how long you intend to use it.
- Place the silver spoon on the under-eye area for a few minutes.
- Remember to be gentle in pressing as you may hurt your eye in the process.
- The mixture of silver plus the coldness of the spoon will help a lot.
- Cooled Tea Bags
Remember that you can use first the tea bags to create your very own cup of tea but instead of disposing of them immediately, what you can do is to cool the tea bags as they can help get rid of your under-eye circles at the soonest possible time. Tea is known to have properties that can help refresh the eye area.
- Cool the tea bags for about 5 minutes.
- Place the cool tea bags on the under-eye area for about 10 minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse off the residue of the tea.
- Rose Water
Many people are not aware that rose water can be used to get rid of under-eye circles. Rosewater has nourishing and moisturizing properties that can help lighten up the dark under-the-eye area.
- Use cotton balls and soak in rose water.
- Apply in the area for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Wait for the rose water to be fully absorbed by the skin. This does not need to be washed anymore.
- Almond Oil
Almond oil is known to have nourishing and moisturizing properties that can be very effective in getting rid of the darkness of the under-eye area. Choosing the right almond oil to use can be very important, so paying attention to this can be very beneficial.
- Choose the right almond oil that you are going to use.
- Make sure that you will massage almond oil on the under-eye area every night.
- This would have to be done until changes will start to become apparent.
- Coconut Oil
Do you know that coconut oil can be very effective in lightening your dark under-eye circles? If you were never aware of this before, you could know more about it now, and you can also use this effectively for what you need.
- Massage extra virgin coconut oil on the dark circles under your eyes.
- Leave the coconut oil on the skin for a few hours.
- This would have to be done twice a day for about a month or until you are satisfied with how it has already lightened your under-eye circles.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of Turmeric are well known to be highly effective in getting rid of undereye circles. Another plus with turmeric is that it can make the skin, especially around the eye area, become softer than before.
- Mix turmeric powder with water.
- Apply the paste to the under-eye area.
- Leave on the skin for about 10 minutes.
- This would have to be done every day until the results become evident.
Now that you already know some of the remedies you can do to get rid of dark circles, you also have to remember that you can sometimes prevent dark under-eye circles from taking place. For instance, getting enough sleep is important. The amount of sleep that people may need will vary from one person to another, but the standard is about 8 hours.
Trying to avoid stressful situations may be hard to do especially if stress is part of your job but remember that trying not to become too stressed can actually help you feel more relaxed. This can help improve the overall condition of your skin. Constantly hydrating is yet again another thing that you should not forget. You have to drink water and other fluids constantly to have a better complexion.