It is likely that you would like to take good care of your skin because it is the canvas by which your features will become noticed. If you do not have great skin, it is likely that you will feel self conscious and you would like to do everything in your power just to improve your skin’s condition. While using certain products and undergoing various treatments may help in giving your skin the glow that it needs, wouldn’t you want to try certain food products that can give you the skin you have always wanted?
You may not realize yet that it is true but the food that you are eating will become apparent in the way you look. Your body and your skin will show it so make sure that you place all the right food products in your system. These are just some of the food products that will not only give you various health benefits but can also help you achieve the skin that you have always wanted.
16 Wonderful Foods that Give You Great Skin
It does not matter what type of berries you would like to eat. All berries are known to have great amounts of anti oxidants that can help take away the toxins that can be found on the skin. If you would like the very best, better try to get Acai berries that are rare and exotic but can give numerous health benefits.
- Berries can be juiced and placed on the refrigerator so that the leftovers can be consumed after some time.
- Berries can also be eaten raw just make sure that you are going to clean it properly before eating.
More often than not, chocolate has been labeled as something that is bad. Some even claim that it can cause pimples. Milk chocolate, white chocolate and other chocolate variants aside from dark chocolate are mixed in with other flavorings that can make people become fat or get various allergies but consuming dark chocolate can be good for the body because of its high anti oxidant content.
- Dark chocolate can be consumed once a day provided that the amounts are not staggeringly high.
The main reason why yogurt is one of the food products that should be consumed is simply because it contains a high amount of Vitamin A. Usually, those who have problems with their thyroid or those who have diabetes and other health conditions can take yogurt whenever they would want to eat something sweet.
- Yogurt can also be included in desserts together with some berries.
- It can also be eaten on its own.
Salmon contains huge amounts of Omega 3 Fatty Acids that can be very good for the skin. While all fishes give this, Salmon contains the highest amount of all which makes it the best choice when it comes to consuming fishes.
- Consume the salmon raw as a form of sashimi
- Lightly grill the salmon about 2-5 minutes on each side depending on how cooked you would like it to be.
Would you like to make sure that you will get the best benefits out of a drink as much as possible? You do not need to look any further because you can consume green tea and get its many health benefits. This is considered to be healthier than water because of the things that it can give but of course, taking in water is still necessary every day.
- Place a green tea bag on a cup of hot water.
- Strain for a few minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and drink the green tea.
- Do this about 2x a day.
If you are familiar with Popeye, the cartoon that consumes spinach in order to beat Brutus – his main rival, then you probably know that Spinach is a great food product to consume. It has a lot of properties such as alpha lipoic acid as well as lutein that is good for the eyes. These properties can also be very helpful for the skin.
- Spinach can be made into soups together with some fresh mushrooms.
- Spinach can also be used in salads.
You may choose to consume Pomegranate in its fruit form or you may also want to just drink it as fresh pomegranate juice but the main reason why it is considered to be a good food product to consume is because of its antioxidant content. If you are having problems with your varicose veins, this is the perfect fruit product to try out.
- Pomegranate can be in juice form. You may choose to have it freshly squeezed or you may also want to purchase from the store.
While it has been said that green tea sometimes can be considered to be healthier than water, water is still a food product that needs to be consumed every day because it is very effective in hydrating the body. When water is in its purest form, it can immediately give the skin that healthy glow that people are always searching for. Do remember to avoid water that has been carbonated or flavored unless you flavor it with a fresh fruit like lemon.
- You are recommended to take 8 – 10 glasses of water a day.
- You are also recommended to take a glass of warm water upon waking up.
Avocado is a tropical fruit which means that it only grows during certain conditions. It is seasonal which makes it hard for you to get during its off season. It is very effective in combating the bad effects of skin aging probably because of its content. It has huge amounts of Vitamins C and E.
- The almost nonexistent taste of avocadoes makes it the perfect ingredient to place in sandwiches and wraps.
- Avocadoes can also be eaten on its own.
The great thing about oysters is that they contain Zinc which makes it easier for the skin of the body to become rejuvenated and revitalized. Usually, oysters help the collagen production of the skin too for that youthful and healthy looking glow.
- Oysters can be grilled for that fragrant smell that is so evident.
- Oysters can also be eaten raw mixed in with some lemon juice.
- Oysters can also be baked and mixed in with tomato salsa.
Tomatoes are sometimes well liked by people and sometimes, they are not that appreciated but people cannot deny the fact that it can also help the skin retain its youthful glow. It can give your skin certain benefits because it contains Lycopene. Lycopene gives tomatoes its reddish color.
- Tomatoes can be eaten raw. Include slices of tomatoes in sandwiches, pizza and the like.
- Tomatoes can also be cooked together with some food products such as spaghettis and sometimes stews.
A lot of people do not realize that out of all the nuts, walnuts can be the best choice. The reason why this should be people’s choice is because it contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids which can help make the production of the skin faster. It can help the skin rejuvenate faster than ever.
- Walnuts can be consumed on its own although it can be quite a struggle to try removing its hard shell.
- Consume about a handful of walnuts a day for the best results.
While it is likely that you consume mangoes because of its yummy taste, you can rejoice right now because mangoes can also be a good source of Vitamin A that can help the skin recover much faster from its exposure to sun and other pollutants. Do not be scared that it is too sweet because its sweetness is organic.
- Mangoes can be consumed as is. Do remember that each serving has about 70 calories.
- Mangoes can also be consumed in a form of a juice.
Walnut is not the only nut that can be found in this list. Almonds make the list too because it has enough Vitamin E that can help the skin recover. It can help prevent the damage brought about by the environment. It can also help avoid the premature aging of the skin.
- Take a handful of Almonds – this way you will know how much you need to take for a snack.
The great thing about cantaloupe is that it increases the amount of anti oxidants that can be found in the body. When there are more anti oxidants, toxins and free radicals will be forced out of the body. In turn, skin problems will be lessened well enough.
- You may choose to consume cantaloupe as is.
- You may also want to mix it in with other fruits to make a fruit juice.
If you cannot take any type of fish but you know that you need to consume Omega 3 Fatty Acids in order to have healthy, glowing skin, taking in flax seeds can be the best option. It will give you enough Omega 3 Fatty Acids that will help sustain the body for a certain time period.
- You have the option to sprinkle flax seeds together with your other food products.
- You can also cook flax seeds with flax seed oil.
Here are just some of the wonderful food products that you can consume to give your skin that youthful glow.