Have you noticed that there are some growth near your genitals? The growth may be seen up to the area near the anus. You have to know how genital warts look like so that you can start searching for remedies. Genital warts are usually flesh colored and they are usually soft to touch. They may sometimes grow in clusters but there are times when they can also grow alone.
You may want to just leave these genital warts alone but they can be extremely uncomfortable. For instance, there may be days when they itch so bad that you cannot help but scratch them. When you feel the need to scratch at the most unexpected times, this can be embarrassing for you.
If you would ask your doctor how you can get rid of genital warts, various treatments may be recommended. These treatments may be expensive so if you would like to try doing some home remedies first, this is possible. Are you already interested to know what these home remedies are? Read on to learn more.
Natural Home Remedies for Genital Warts
- Witch Hazel
Are you familiar with witch hazel? This is a type of herb that is known to be effective in curing genital warts. This can make some of the tissues that you would like to get rid of to fall off. At the same time, the use of this herb will help remove the blood supply going to the warts so they will eventually die. In order to use witch hazel to get rid of genital warts, the following things should be done:
- Choose pure witch hazel. If you can find one that is distilled, this will be better.
- You should choose liquid witch hazel as this can work better on your genital warts.
- Apply the witch hazel directly on your genital warts. Make sure that you have everything covered.
- Leave on the genital warts for about 10 minutes so that it can be fully absorbed by the skin.
- Remove with the use of a clean cloth. You do not need to wash it off.
- You would need to do this twice a day for a couple of weeks. Depending on how stubborn your genital warts are, it may take longer.
- Tea Tree Oil
You may already know that tea tree oil is very effective for various things. It is not surprising that this can also be effective in getting rid of genital warts. Consistent use of tea tree oil will help get rid of your genital warts at the soonest possible time.
- You need to make use of pure tea tree oil.
- Place the tea tree oil on a cotton ball and apply the cotton ball on the area that has genital warts.
- This would need to be done once every day for about 10 – 15 days. The number of days would depend on how stubborn your genital warts are.
- You will know if tea tree oil is effective if your warts would start to turn white and eventually fall off.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Home remedy lists will not be complete without the inclusion of apple cider vinegar. ACV is used for a wide variety of things from problems with the skin and hair and even for the cure of certain conditions. It is not surprising that this is also known to be effective in getting rid of your genital warts. ACV contains acetic acid that can be very effective in removing the warts.
- Make sure that you will clean the area where the genital warts before you apply the ACV.
- Use a cotton swab and dip that in ACV before placing directly on the genital warts.
- Leave on the skin affected by genital warts for about 10 minutes.
- Wipe with a dry cloth if there is still some excess ACV.
- This would need to be done about 3 times a day.
- You will know if it is already starting to take effect if you see that the warts have already changed color.
- They will scab and fall off after some time.
- Pineapple Juice
Do you know that pineapple juice contains bromelain? This ingredient is very effective in getting rid of various inflammatory skin conditions. Your genital warts will go away if you would apply pineapple juice on affected areas of your skin. If you are worried about the scars that the warts will leave behind, remember that the scars will be removed after some time but if you like them to be cured faster, pineapple juice will make things effective.
- You can get pineapple pieces and get their juice.
- Use a q – tip in order to place the pineapple juice on the genital warts.
- You need to leave the pineapple juice on the warts for a certain period of time.
- You can also use a cotton ball and hold it in with the use of a tape.
- Leave the pineapple juice on the genital warts for more than 10 minutes.
- Wipe off the juice with a clean cloth.
- Fig Leaf
Do you know that the fig leaf is a type of herb? This is known to be effective in getting rid of genital warts and you do not have to squeeze them in order to do that. The best thing about using fig leaf is that once you use it, you will lessen the chances of genital warts from appearing again. The best thing about the use of this home remedy is you will not feel anything. It will not be painful at all.
- Get a fig leaf and break it down so that you can get its milky sap.
- The milky sap would need to be placed on the genital warts.
- Remember that there is no need for you to do anything else aside from waiting for the fig leaf to be absorbed by your skin.
- You would have to do this about 2 – 3 times every day so that your genital warts can be removed at the soonest possible time.
- In about two weeks, you will have skin that is free from genital warts.
- Vitamin C
Do yo realize that Vitamin C has a lot of benefits? Aside from improving your skin, this is also effective in removing your genital warts. This will help get rid of the virus that may be causing your skin to break out in clusters.
- You can choose any type of Vitamin C as long as you are familiar with it.
- Crush the vitamin C tablet before you would place it on the genital warts.
- Make sure that you will mix it with water first so that it will be easier to apply on the warts.
- Cover the area with warts with a bandage to make the process work faster.
If you are already having trouble with doing work and doing things that you are expected to do, this may be because the genital warts that you have is too itchy. You do not have to suffer any longer because you can make use of oatmeal as a great home remedy to get rid of the itch. At the same time, you can help get rid of genital warts effectively.
- You would need to finely powder the oatmeal that you are going to use for your bath.
- Place the finely powdered oatmeal on hot water.
- Make sure that you will bathe with the use of this water.
- You can do this every time you take a bath and after some time, you will begin to notice that your genital warts will be easy to remove from your skin.
- Duct Tape
While you may be surprised with this home remedy, those who have tried it before are sure that it works. Since duct tape will not allow a lot of air and even water to come in contact with the skin, the time will come when the genital warts will start to die a slow death.
- You need to place a long strip of duct tape on the areas that has genital warts.
- It may be a bit uncomfortable in the beginning but you know that you will get used to it after some time.
- You have to remove the duct tape after 6 days.
- If after 6 days the genital warts have not fallen off yet, you would have to repeat the procedure.
- Make sure that the area is clean before you use the duct tape.
- Baking Soda
There are so many things that baking soda is known to do. This is known to be used for various things that will be good for your skin. At the same time, this can also be effectively used to clean certain parts of your home. As of now, focus on using baking soda as a natural remedy against your genital warts. Do not forget to do the following:
- Add baking soda with castor oil so that you can create a very effective paste that you can apply on your genital warts.
- Once you have applied the paste, you need to wait for a certain period of time.
- Cover this with a bandage.
- Do this every day until you start to see your desired results.
Now that you already know the various remedies that you can do to get rid of genital warts, try them out. They may be effective enough that you do not need to undergo the treatments recommended by your doctor anymore.