It is the time to hang out with your friends and let loose a little. You know that you need to unwind and what better way to do that than to drink with your friends and just have fun as you bond with everybody that you are with. While the party is ongoing, everything seems to be fun and exciting but you ought to remember that aside from having to make sure that you will not drink too much, you also have to make sure that you will not have alcohol breath.
You have to remember that some methods would have to be done simultaneously to get rid of the smell of alcohol at the soonest possible time. If you would do just one too, this will not guarantee that it will be highly effective in getting rid of the smell of alcohol on your breath.
How to Get Rid of the Smell of Alcohol in Your Breath Fast
Are you already curious to get to know how you can get rid of the smell of alcohol on your breath at the soonest possible time? Here are just a few that you have to think about:
Eat other food
If you would like to mask the smell of alcohol in your breath, you have to realize that eating other food products can be highly effective in doing this. If you are going to drink at a bar, make sure that you will have food, even finger food that you can just eat with ease.
If you are going to drink at a friend’s house, what you can do is to bring snacks for the whole group. You can be sure that aside from removing alcohol from your breath, your peers will also thank you for bringing snacks because they have something to snack on as well.
Remember that when you eat other food, some food products will make sure that you will stay hydrated. Once you become dehydrated, alcohol breath will surely smell stale.
You do realize that garlic has a powerful smell and having garlic can help get rid of the smell of alcohol in your system. Aside from the smell, you can also expect that garlic will have some good effects on your body.
- Choose food products that contain garlic. It would be best if you could add it to other food products with strong smells as well.
- You may choose to eat the garlic raw although this would make you have garlic breath for a long period.
If in case you are not too fond of garlic, but you do love onion then you know that incorporating it into the food that you would love to eat can be easier to do. If you would love to make the smell of onion stronger to mask alcohol breath, choose red onions over white ones.
- Eat a sandwich wherein you can place some raw onions. Not only will this make the sandwich taste better, but you can also get rid of the smell of alcohol on your breath.
- Choose to eat raw onion. If you cannot taste, remember that onions and apples are said to have a similar taste if you would not smell it beforehand.
Brush Your Teeth
This can be said to be an easy way to get rid of the smell of alcohol in your breath. Although it will not be too effective in getting rid of the smell from your throat, you know that it will be able to get rid of the smell from your mouth.
- Make use of a strong smelling toothpaste to get rid of the smell of alcohol.
- Remember to brush your teeth and tongue thoroughly to get rid of the alcohol even further.
A lot of people usually become surprised to know that coffee is one of the things that they can take to get rid of alcohol breath. When you think about it though, coffee is strong smelling, and this can truly mask the smell of alcohol on your breath.
- Choose to have black coffee with nothing added to it. If you would add cream or sugar, this will make the smell of coffee not too strong, so it might be unable to mask the smell of alcohol in your breath.
- Try to make coffee go towards your teeth so that the smell of alcohol from your teeth and the rest of your mouth can be removed.
- Brush your teeth after to get rid of the smell even further.
Chewing gum is not merely chewed on by people so that they can look cool. This is not only used by people to let their ears pop whenever there is a change in altitude. Remember that chewing gum can also help mask the smell of alcohol in your breath and this may be what you need.
- Look for chewing gums that are more sour than sweet. When you choose sour gums, you will be increasing the amount of saliva that your salivary glands produce and this can help reduce the smell of alcohol in your breath.
- You can also choose to chew on mint gums but do remember that this is the type that people recognize to conceal the smell of alcohol so chewing on this gum and the smell of gum can be too obvious.
Drink A Lot of Water
Do remember that alcohol can dehydrate people and can cause the smell of alcohol on the breath to become stronger. If you want to improve on this, you would need to drink a lot of water in the process. Hydrating will also allow you to feel stronger and can help you remove the alcohol from your body faster.
- You may want to drink water in the middle of drinking alcoholic beverages to release the alcoholic content in your system.
- Drinking water can also make you feel like you have already drunk a lot, but in the process, you are drinking less alcoholic beverages which can, of course, be good for your body.
You have to remember that aside from your breath, alcohol will manage to seep out from your pores. This is the reason why some people who have taken in too much alcohol also tend to smell of alcohol. To get rid of the smell of alcohol not only from your breath but your whole body, this is a good thing to do.
- Make sure that you will wash your body thoroughly. You may even make use of scrubs to increase the effect of cleaning your body.
- Use products that are strong smelling when bathing to get rid of the smell of alcohol.
Now that you already know the different things that you can do to get rid of alcohol breath and to get rid of the smell of alcohol in your body, you know that doing the tips mentioned above can be highly beneficial for you.