Many people have eczema but they do not immediately realize it. They know that they are suffering from some itchy areas but they do not know how to cure it. Eczema is a dermatological condition that affects a lot of individuals. Some people are born with it while others develop it when they grow older.
This condition is quite easy to identify because of the way it looks and feels. This is usually found in various parts of the body like their hands, feet, knees, and in different areas of the skin where creases may be. The rash is not like the typical rash that will stay a bit red. Rather, it is a type of rash that would form blisters and the blisters would start to ooze even if the person is not doing anything in order to make the condition worse.
Symptoms of Eczema
These are some of the signs and symptoms of Eczema that you have to watch out for so that you will know if you have the condition or not:
- Intense itching may occur in different parts of your body.
- After the itch, the rash will start to appear.
- Some bumps will be bigger than the others and may burst immediately.
- The bumps will become crusty even when left alone.
- Cracks may start to appear after and these are usually painful.
If you have the above-mentioned symptoms, you are recommended to go to the dermatologist immediately. Dermatologists may recommend different topical creams in order to help improve your current condition especially if the rashes are infected.
Possible Side Effects of Eczema
There are some people who do not do anything when they get Eczema so their condition becomes worse over time. People who do not seek immediate treatment may suffer from the following conditions:
- Nose Bleeds
Some side effects are life-threatening such as the following:
- Breathing difficulties
- Face Swelling
It is important that you seek immediate medical attention when you show signs of Eczema. This will allow you to take control of your situation.
Finding the Root Cause
No matter how many remedies you try in order to get rid of eczema, you cannot become fully cured of it or you cannot avoid it if you do not treat the main cause of your eczema first. What do you think is causing your eczema? There are several reasons such as the following:
- Allergies – Allergies may come from different factors. You may be allergic to the environment that you are in because of the current season or you may be allergic to some of the food that you love taking. You need to know what food products are causing your allergies so that you can eliminate them in your diet. It will make a lot of difference that way.
- Gastrointestinal Issues – If you have been diagnosed with Dysbiosis, this may be the probable cause for your eczema. When there is an imbalance with your body as a whole, your skin becomes affected and you may develop eczema as a result.
There are still other possible causes of Eczema but most of them fall under the two categories mentioned above. It is best that you seek treatment for the condition immediately before it worsens over time.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Eczema
If you are one of those people who would like to treat Eczema by using home remedies then you are in luck, you can get to know the different home remedies now. These home remedies are proven to get rid of the discomfort that is normally associated with the condition.
Skin that is affected by Eczema has the tendency to become dry and cracked. This will make the skin itchy and sometimes painful especially when cracks start to form on the skin. You can avoid this from happening by applying vegetable shortening. This is known to be greasy and thick which can help serve as extra protection to the skin.
- Apply vegetable shortening on the area.
- Apply a plastic wrap over the area to give extra protection.
- Use surgical tape to secure the area.
- Leave the wrap on the skin for up to 4 hours.
- Do this every day until you get the results that you want.
This is known to make the rash brought about by eczema calm down.
Some people may find this home remedy a bit painful especially since salt will work in drying up the rashes on the skin. Salt will also be effective in getting rid of the itch which can be very uncomfortable when you are suffering from eczema. There are a lot of people with eczema who enjoy being near the beach because when their skin starts to itch, they immediately take a dip in the ocean and the itch will go away.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to warm water.
- Stir until the salt becomes completely dissolved.
- Take note that the type of salt that you use will make a difference in how effective this home remedy is going to be. Some use Epsom or Himalayan salt to get the best results.
- Place the mixture on a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the affected portion of your skin especially when you start to itch.
Remember that the relief that you will get from this home remedy is ordinary. You may need to mix up this home remedy with another solution that can get rid of eczema from your skin effectively.
Have you ever wondered why Chamomile is normally used in order to make people feel relaxed? It is because of the properties that are normally found in Chamomile tea. It will not only be effective in soothing your senses, it will also help soothe your skin in general.
You have the option to place chamomile tea on your skin or to bathe in the essence of chamomile. It will be up to you.
- Apply boiling water to chamomile tea bags. The number of tea bags you will use will depend on how you will use it.
- Steep the tea bags in the water for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the water and allow the water to cool before you use it on your skin.
- If you would place it in your bath water, make sure that you will swirl it evenly. The more blended it is, the better it would be for your skin.
- Allow it to stay on your skin for as long as you can.
The more that you expose your skin to the essence of chamomile, the more that you can get its many health benefits. It is a bonus that you will feel relaxed in the process as well.
A lot of people are already aware of the many benefits of turmeric. This has been used by a lot of people for a long period of time so there is no reason why people should not start using them again right now. One of the reasons why this is very effective is because of its ingredient Curcumin, an antioxidant that can help improve the condition of your skin.
- You can add a teaspoon of Turmeric to the food that you eat.
- You can also this to your drinks. There are a lot of people who take turmeric tea every day because they know of the different benefits that they can get from it.
- You can also apply Turmeric topically on your skin mixed in with a little bit of water.
- Allow the paste to dry before rinsing with water.
If you would be using raw Turmeric instead of Turmeric powder, expect that it is going to cause a yellowish tinge on your skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of the home remedies that will never be out of people’s home remedies list. This can be used for a wide variety of purposes and it includes improving the overall condition of your skin. This is known to help get rid of burns and skin inflammation.
- Apply the ACV on the scaly areas of your skin.
- If you find the ACV to be a bit strong for your skin, you can mix it with a bit of water.
- Allow the area to dry.
- You can repeat it 2x a day in order to get the best results.
If in case your skin is cracked, do not use this remedy as this is going to sting your skin a lot.
This is one of those remedies that can be very effective in improving the inflammation of your skin. When your skin becomes less inflamed, it will be easier to improve your skin’s overall condition. This can help soften the scaly patches of your skin so that you can loosen and remove these patches.
You have two options when you want to improve your skin’s condition with the use of olive oil. One is to include olive oil in your diet. You can use it as your main oil for your meals or you can also apply it topically on your skin.
- Apply on the affected area of your skin.
- You can rub your skin gently in order to get rid of the scales.
- This will help reveal healthier skin underneath.
There are some people who do not include any type of fat in their diets. Olive oil should be an exception because this is a good type of fat that the body can definitely benefit from.
Tea Tree Oil
There are a lot of people especially those who normally battle acne who are familiar with tea tree oil. It has some properties that can be effective in getting rid of the itch of the skin. It may also be effective in healing certain skin blemishes which may include rashes.
- Add a bit of olive oil to tea tree oil.
- You can apply the oil mixture to the affected area in order to fully improve the condition of the skin.
- This can be especially helpful when your skin is feeling itchy or if you would like to get rid of the crusts that have formed on your skin.
Take note that this type of remedy is most effective for people who are suffering from a mild case of eczema. If your case is more severe, you are better off trying to find another remedy that will be more effective.
You already know that Aloe Vera is good for the hair but do not underestimate how it can help improve your skin’s overall condition too. Take note that this has anti-inflammatory compounds that can help get rid of the inflammation of your skin. This is normally recommended to people who have psoriasis and eczema so you will not be disappointed with using this. You can get the Aloe Vera directly from the leaf of the plant or you may also purchase Aloe Vera gel from stores.
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly to the affected area.
- Wait for the skin to fully absorb the Aloe Vera gel.
- You may need to do this twice a day in order to get the best results.
The more natural the Aloe Vera gel is, the more effective it would be on your skin.
Baking soda is one of those products that you can find at home that you can use almost everywhere. This can be used for digestive issues, skin issues, and even for cleaning your home. It is not surprising anymore that this can be used in order to improve the condition of your skin.
- Mix half a cup of baking soda to 1 ½ part water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply on the skin so that you can get quick relief from the itch.
Whether you are treating your eczema or not, baking soda is one of those products that you need to have at home. It can be used for different things. You can try a baking soda bath. For more info, you can read 10 Health Benefits of Bath with Baking Soda
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is one of those vitamins that is always needed by the skin in order to get rid of the symptoms of Eczema. At the same time, this can also improve the skin’s overall condition. This can be easily purchased from the store.
- If the Vitamin E comes in capsule form, prick the capsule and apply the oil directly to the affected skin area.
- Massage the area gently especially if you want to get rid of the crusts on the skin.
- Leave it on the skin to dry.
There are different Vitamin E oils that you will find in the market. It is best to stick with the all-natural ones otherwise you may end up hurting your skin more.