How to get rid of fever blister at home?There are some people who are not aware what fever blisters are but once it is changed to its usual name which is cold sores, most people will get to know what it is already. If in case you do not know how cold sores are gotten, this is caused by the herpes simplex type 1 virus. The main reason why this is easily recognizable is because it usually appears near the mouth.
The cold sores will go away after a couple of weeks or so. Still, it does not mean that just because the sores have gone away, it already means that it will never come back. It is quite the opposite since the virus will stay on the body for a whole lifetime. There may be different things that might trigger another outbreak and will cause the sores to appear near the mouth again.Let me ask you now, are you having this problem too? If you are, then you do not have to worry because there are several things that you can do that can help get rid of your fever blisters.
Common Triggers of Fever Blisters
- Stress – This can usually occur when you are exposed to various things that you consider stressful
- Sunlight Exposure – Too much fun under the sun or walking under the sun too long might trigger a reaction.
- Weak Immune System – If the immune system is weak, people are more likely to get different diseases.
- Skin Trauma – This usually happens when you get exposed to various chemicals or irritants that can harm the skin.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Fever Blister
It does not mean that just because you cannot get rid of the condition, you cannot get rid of the cold sores when they do appear. While others choose to get certain medications that can help get rid of the cold sores, you may be looking for something more natural, something that you can do at the comfort of your own home.
The main reason why this is very effective in getting rid of blisters is probably because of its components. Calcium is a very important factor in getting rid of cold sores or fever blisters because it can fight the virus that causes it. It also has monocaprin also known as a type of fat that it anti viral.
- Make sure that you have a clean cotton ball.
- Dip the cotton ball on the whole milk.
- Apply the cotton ball on the affected area.
- Leave the milk on the area for about 10 minutes.
- This can be done about 2 -3 times a day.
Turmeric is known to be a natural anti oxidant. This is the main reason why it is one of the chosen products of people who would like to detoxify. They know that with the help of turmeric this is possible. It is no wonder that Turmeric can also be used to get rid of fever blisters because of its anti oxidant properties. In line with that, it can also reduce the pain caused by the cold sores.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric with a whole glass of milk or if you are lactose intolerant, you may also do it with water.
- Do this 2x a day until the symptoms that you are feeling for your condition subsides.
3.Try Licorice to Relieve Fever Blister
While most kids know of licorice as a sort of candy, licorice is also an effective home remedy against cold sores. The main reason for this is because of its contents. It has glycyrrhiz. This usually has anti inflammatory properties that means that it can help bring back the inflammation of cold sores a lot. It also has anti viral properties which can help fight off the bacteria causing the cold sores. This can speed up the healing process of having cold sores.
- Make sure that you have licorice root powder and mix it in with a half teaspoon of water to make a paste.
- Using a cotton ball, dip that into the paste and place the paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Do not remove on the skin for about a few hours.
- This can be done several times during the day.
Whenever home remedies come up, garlic is usually one of those that are being considered. You should now know the reason why. Garlic has a lot of enzymes that can help get rid of the fever blisters. It is also anti bacterial and this can help speed up the healing process of the skin condition.
- Get three cloves of garlic and crush until the garlic become pasty.
- Apply the paste solution made out of garlic to the fever blisters.
- Leave for about 15 minutes.
- This can be done in a period of 2 days. This needs to be repeated about 3x a day.
Most people do not realize that even though fever blisters are also known as cold sores, they are very much affected by the cold. With the use of ice, the swelling and inflammation of cold sores can go down immediately. The great thing about this is that there is a chance that the cold sores will not spread anymore.
- Place a few pieces of ice cubes on a container or wrap with a clean cloth.
- Place the cold compress over the affected area for about 15 minutes.
- Do this process every 3 – 4 hours every day.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide
Most people know Hydrogen Peroxide as some sort of disinfectant usually; this is used to treat wounds and can make the bacteria disappear after some time. This can also be used in treating fever blisters because it can also help get rid of the bacteria that might help in spreading the blisters all over the mouth area. Hydrogen Peroxide can make the area around the mouth cold and dry which can make it harder for the virus to thrive.
- Dip a cotton ball on Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Place the hydrogen Peroxide on the blisters for a few minutes. Make sure that you are doing it in circular motions.
- After a few minutes, rinse the hydrogen peroxide from the skin.
- Dry with a wash cloth.
- This should be done about 2 – 3 times a day.
It is true that Aloe Vera is one of those ingredients or home remedies that can be used for the skin and hair. The main reason for this is because of its natural healing powers. This means that the Aloe Vera can speed up the process of healing the cold sores all over the mouth. At the same time, this may also help reduce the inflammation brought about by the cold sores.
- Get a clean Aloe Vera leaf.
- Cut it in order to get the gel. (As an alternative, you may also use the Aloe Vera juice but the gel might prove to be more effective)
- Clean the area with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with clean towel.
- This has to be done in a period of 4 days.
It is not true anymore that yogurt can only be used to get rid of digestive problems. There are different reasons that people have already why they choose to use yogurt as one of those ingredients that they can use to help get rid of fever blisters. Yogurt contains lysine and this helps the virus to become inactive.
- Mix an egg, a cup of unflavored yogurt and a tablespoon of honey until a paste is formed.
- Apply the paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave on the face for about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Do this every day until the blisters start to subside
Green tea is known to have a lot of anti oxidant properties. This alone is reason enough to use it as one of the home remedies to get rid of fever blisters. The vitamins and the anti oxidants will help speed up the healing process of the blisters. At the same time, tannic acid will make sure that the fever blisters will go away immediately.
- Place a green tea bag on a cup of boiling water.
- Leave the tea bag on the cup for a minute or so.
- Remove the tea bag and wait for the tea bag to cool down.
- Press the tea bag on the affected area of the skin.
- Do this around 6 times a day for a period of 5 days.
10.Apply Toothpaste to Get Rid of Fever Blister scab
This may sound confusing to you because you have never used toothpaste as a home remedy before. You have to know that toothpaste contains some of the ingredients mentioned above and more properties that can help dry out fever blisters immediately. This is also effective in reducing the size of the fever blisters that you have on your face.
- Make sure that you use white toothpaste.
- Place the white toothpaste on the affected area of the skin at night.
- Leave the toothpaste on the skin overnight.
- Wash off with a clean, damp cloth.
- Apply petroleum jelly on the fever blisters after.
Do remember that fever blisters will probably stay dormant inside the body for a long period of time but it does not mean that it cannot be fought whenever it makes its presence known.