How to get rid of frizzy hair fast?There are times when you have dry, frizzy hair that cannot be touched by anyone because you know that it will be embarrassing. There are times when they are good and most of the time, especially when there are special occasions, hair just looks bad.
Before we talk about how to get rid of frizzy hair,you should know why does your hair get frizzy.Lacking of moisture is the main cause of frizzy hair.Another reason is humidity air.When Your hair is dry that need drink water, the cuticle will open up and let the moist air in,this will result in frizzy mess.Curly or wavy hair tend to dry naturally which is prone to becoming frizzy.
Want to make your frizzy hair look shiny and smooth?Here are 13 natural remedies that you can do to improve the current condition of your hair.
13 Easy Natural Ways to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Fast at Home
Bananas are excellent for treating frizzy hair. It has lots of antioxidants, vitamin C and other goodness that help nourish your hair naturally.Banana can help your hair look soft, silky, healthy and smooth.
- Blend one ripe banana, a little bit of olive oil and honey.
- After shampooing your hair, place the banana mask on your hair from your hair roots to the ends.Make sure cover every bit of your hair and scalp.
- Leave on the hair for about half an hour before rinsing.
- Rinse off with warm water and Let your hair dry.
- Do this about once a week.
Have you noticed that a lot of the hair products that you can see right now have coconut oil? The main reason for this is because coconut oil has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties which can help you fights infections and fungus, improve scalp health and add volume and shine. coconut oil does not have harmful chemicals so you can use it safely.It can also make your hair smoother, grow faster and look natural.
- Warm up coconut oil.
- When it is warm enough, place on the hair.
- Massage on the scalp for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Rinse the coconut oil from your hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
You might not know this but eggs are actually very helpful for the hair. Eggs contain lots of protein which can help rebuild your damaged hair fast.A study found that each egg contains 3.6-6.5 grams of protein and hair is composed of a large number of keratin proteins so eggs can make your hair strong and healthy.
- Mix one whole egg with tap water.Apply it to the hair.Massage gently on the hair.Wash out with water.Shampoo and Condition Hair.You can do this once a month.
- Another option is to mix egg with olive oil thoroughly.Apply it to the hair.Wait for 10 to 20 minutes.Wash out with water.You can do this once a month.
- Another option is to add Yogurt and Honey.Yogurt contains protein that can keep your hair healthy and strong. Combining it with honey and egg will enhance its effectiveness.Beat two eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add one tablespoon of honey.Add two tablespoons of yogurt and mix it well to create a smooth paste.Apply this mixture to your tresses.Leave it for about 20 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
Do you know that avocado can do a lot for your hair? Aside from the fact that it can make your hair naturally smooth and silky, you can be sure that your hair will get the nutrients that it needs with the use of the avocado. This can also help prevent the appearance of split ends.
- Choose a ripe avocado.
- Mix the avocado with coconut oil and mash them together.
- Place the paste on the hair and leave it there for about half an hour.
- Do your normal routine of using shampoo and conditioner afterward.
- Do this twice a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
You may want to avoid using this on your hair but you have to remember that it can do a lot of wonders for your hair. Aside from the fact that it can improve how your hair looks, you can be sure that it can help cleanse your hair and scalp because it can remove dandruff and make sure that your hair will have that natural shine again.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water.
- Place it on the scalp for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Do this about 2x a week.
If in case you are a bit terrified to use natural remedies for your hair, do remember that you can also make use of commercial products for your hair. Do remember that the less fragrant a hair product is, the better it is. If it is too fragrant, this may mean that there are a lot of chemicals that are placed on the hair. You may choose to have your hair undergo hot oil treatment in a salon or do it on your own.
- Use a safe hot oil treatment.
- Place the hot oil treatment from root to tip.
- Place the hair on a hair mask.
- Leave it on the hair for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the hot oil.
- You will notice that you have softer and shinier hair.
One of the best options to restore the moisture in your tresses is by applying beer. This beverage holds minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants that can help you get rid of frizzy hair. For best results, always use dark beers.
- Soak your hair in beer.
- Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
- Follow this treatment every two weeks.
You can also mix equal amounts of shampoo, conditioner, and beer. Coat your hair with this solution and brush your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil can help you seal moisture on your locks and get rid of dryness. It is packed with moisturizing properties that can help your hair look shinier, stronger, and healthier. This oil is also used for treating split ends and dandruff.
- Warm up a cup of olive oil.
- Apply it to your hair and use a comb to distribute the oil evenly.
- Use a hot towel or shower cap to cover your hair. This will increase the absorption of moisture.
- Leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes before washing your hair with cold water.
- Follow this natural treatment three times a week.
Mayonnaise is often used as one of the natural hair care treatments. It contains oils, egg yolks, and vinegar that work together to moisturize and nourish your hair. It also comes with L-cysteine, an amino acid that nourishes the scalp and enhances hair growth.
- Pour one-half jar of mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, an egg yolk, and one tablespoon of olive or coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients and apply it to your hair.
- Cover your hair with a warm towel or shower cap.
- Leave it on for at least half an hour before rinsing off with cold water.
In addition to calming frizzy hair, this treatment will also get rid of dandruff, straighten hair, and define curly hair.
10. Lemon and Honey
Lemon is packed with vitamin C that makes hair strong and long. It brings life to dull, frizzy hair, thanks to its Limonene compounds. The acidic properties of lemon also help in eliminating dead cells, dirt, and other deposits. Honey is rich in antioxidant properties and it is an emollient. This means that it locks moisture in your hair to keep it strong and healthy.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and lemon
- Dilute this mixture with a cup of water.
- After washing your hair, apply the mixture while avoiding the scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Follow this treatment one to two times a week.
11. Aloe Vera
This herb contains amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that can repair not only skin but also damaged hair. It reduces dryness, dandruff, and itchy scalp, and promotes hair growth. Its gel also adds shine to your hair and relieves scalp conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea.
- In a small bowl, combine one-half cup of aloe vera gel, one teaspoon of basil powder, two teaspoons of powdered fenugreek, and two teaspoons of castor oil.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair using a warm towel or shower cap and leave it on for three hours or overnight.
- In the morning, rinse your hair with warm water and mild shampoo.
- Follow this treatment once a week for best results.
Alternatively, you can mix one-half cup of aloe vera gel with two teaspoons of hibiscus flower paste. Combine it well with your conditioner and use it after shampooing your hair. This will keep your hair soft and shiny.
12. Sesame Oil
Sesame oil can get rid of frizzy hair and combat dryness, thanks to its high levels of emollient-rich properties and nutrients. It also provides anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties that prevent breakage and hair loss.
- Mix one to two tablespoons of sesame oil with grated ginger.
- Apply it to your hair while giving your scalp a massage for about five minutes.
- Cover your hair with a warm towel and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Follow this treatment once a week.
Alternatively, you can combine one tablespoon each of sesame oil, beetroot juice, and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it on overnight. Rinse your hair thoroughly in the morning.
13. Shea Butter
Shea butter is one of the effective treatments for many health, skin, and hair problems. It is used in many beauty products, such as cosmetics, shampoos, conditioners, and lotions.
- Melt one tablespoon of shea butter and two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Allow it to cool down until the mixture is almost solid.
- Add one teaspoon of argan oil and whip for three minutes.
- Apply this to your hair with a comb and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with mild shampoo.
How to Prevent Frizzy Hair
1.Avoid Towel Drying Hair
You may be tempted to towel dry your hair after taking a bath because you would like it to dry at the soonest possible time. You do this especially when you are rushing but you have to remember that you are not recommended to do this because the fiber of the towel may be damaging the cuticles of your hair.
- Instead of towel drying your hair, you may want to just let it dry naturally.
- You can also gently press out the water from your hair.
- If you absolutely have to towel your hair, make sure that you will use a micro fiber towel to reduce possible damage.
2.Avoid Using Hair Curlers and Other Hair Gadgets
It is likely that there are moments when you just want to straighten your hair or there may also be times when you would like to curl it so that you can look different. While this is okay if you are not going to do it often, doing this often will result in having a frizzier and drier looking hair.
- Let the natural beauty of your hair shine.
- Make sure that if you need to use hair gadgets, you will not do it every day to give your hair time to recuperate.
3.Stop Blow Drying Hair
You might think that blow drying your hair will make the hair look tame throughout the day but there is always a chance that when you expose your hair to too much heat, it will tend to look dry and frizzy. You remedy this by getting hair treatments or placing vitamin E on your hair after blow drying.
- Try to blow dry without using too much heat.
- Do not blow dry too long.
- Try to avoid blow drying your hair every day.
4.Moisturize Your Hair
The things that are mentioned above are only some of the things that you would need to do to ensure that your hair will be better protected. You also have to make sure that you will only use hair products that do not contain products that can dry your hair entirely.