How to get rid of mucus?There are a lot of people who find it hard to function because of mucus. Mucus forms because of the various conditions that people encounter every day. Mucus is not considered to be life threatening but it can be irritating and if it would not be removed at the soonest possible time; there is a chance that it can worsen after some time. You do not want your condition to get worse so the best solution possible is to make sure that you will get rid of mucus immediately.
Whenever you have mucus, you know that you find it hard to swallow because every time that you do, you feel like there is something that is blocking your tonsils and throat. There are times when you can get rid of mucus by blowing your nose or even by expelling them orally.
You have to remember that mucus is not merely something that can make you feel uncomfortable. They also contain bacteria and viruses that might worsen your condition. If you do not want to go through this anymore, you know that you can get rid of mucus at the soonest possible time.
If you do not want to spend a lot of money on medications or you would like to try something that is natural, you may get rid of mucus if you would do these natural home remedies:
10 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Mucus
As of late, turmeric is getting recognized all over the world mainly because it is highly effective in getting rid of various medical conditions. Turmeric also has antiseptic properties that can be very effective in removing mucus from your system.
- You would have to make use of turmeric powder.
- Add turmeric to a glass of hot milk.
- Stir the solution until the turmeric becomes fully dissolved and mixes well with the milk.
- Drink this 2 – 3 times a day.
You probably know by now that ginger has a lot of medicinal properties that can make it highly effective in getting rid of mucus from your system. At the same time, it can help soothe your system so that you will begin to feel better. If you are suffering from coughs and colds, you know that ginger can be a good remedy for you.
- Remove the outer skin of ginger and crush it.
- Add honey to the ginger and heat it with the use of a microwave.
- When it cools down a bit, you may consume two spoonfuls of the ginger and honey concoction.
Do you know that grapes are expectorants? This means that they can be highly effective in helping you get rid of mucus that may be causing you discomfort. Aside from getting rid of mucus and phlegm, this may also give you clearer lungs.
- Prepare grape juice.
- Add honey to grape juice.
- You would have to drink this three times a day.
- Do this for a week and see if you have gotten the results that you are expecting to get.
The great thing about Lemon is that its citric properties can make it highly effective in getting rid of mucus that may have gotten stuck. It will help loosen the mucus so that you can effectively remove it from your body.
- Prepare black tea and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- After removing the tea bag, add lemon juice to the tea.
- You may also add honey to make it taste better.
If you would like to get rid of mucus at the soonest possible time, you know that making use of steam can be highly effective for you. Make sure that you will inhale it so that you can eliminate mucus immediately.
- You may want to take warm showers so that there will be a lot of steam available.
- You would need to stay in the shower for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure that you will moisturize afterwards to protect your skin from breakouts.
- Salt Water
If in case you are having some troubles with your mucus, you do know that the use of salt water can be very effective for you. Salt will be effective in getting rid of bacteria that may be causing the mucus to form.
- Mix salt with water.
- Make sure that the salt will be fully dissolved before you use it.
- Gargle with the solution so you will not have problems with this at all.
- You would have to do this several times a day.
You may be wondering what carrots can do for your mucus. You have to remember that carrots contain Vitamin C so it will be highly effective in making sure that you will have a stronger immune system in order to combat the mucus that you have in your body. At the same time, it also has some nutrients that will be highly effective for you.
- Make sure that you will use 3 – 4 carrots so that you can extract the juice well.
- You may also choose to blend the carrots. Add a bit of water and honey so that it will not be too thick.
- Drink the shake about 2 – 3 times a day.
- Chicken Soup
This has always been known as something that people who are sick take in order to soothe their airways. You have to remember that they can also heal. Chicken soup can thin out the mucus that may have formed so that the mucus can be broken down easily and extracted from the system.
- Create chicken soup with the usual ingredients.
- This would have to be taken about 2 – 3 times a day.
- Add ginger in order to make it more effective if you want to. This can also make chicken soup have a distinct taste.
- Cayenne Pepper
There are a lot of things that cayenne pepper can do and one of these things is to make sure that it will clear up the nasal passages that may be filled with mucus. At the same time, this can help soothe the throat.
- Mix cayenne pepper with ginger.
- Add apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey.
- Add them all to water and drink 3 times a day.
- Wild Cherry Bark
What this can do is make sure that the mucus will be removed from the passageways and your chest so that you can breathe better. You have to remember that you may use the bark or the powder so that it can be effective for you.
- If you are using powder, add two tablespoons of powder to water.
- Make sure that you will drink this once a day.
- Do this for a week.
Now that you already know the home remedies that you can do in order to get rid of mucus, there is a big possibility that you will start feeling better. Make sure that all of the home remedies mentioned above are safe for you to take and you know that you will not have any problems with trying them out to clear out the mucus from your system.