There are a lot of people who are not even aware that they are suffering from bladder infection until such time when they are already finding it hard to pee. Women are usually prone to getting bladder infection than men.
Bladder Infection is also known as UTI or Urinary Tract Infection. This happens when bacteria infects the bladder as well as all the exit tubes. At this point, you may be wondering how the bacteria has gotten there in the first place.
Common Causes of Bladder Infection
- Sexual Intercourse – There are instances when having sexual intercourse can cause bladder infection because the couple may not be too hygienic. Bacteria that have gotten stuck on the organs may transfer and may cause bladder infection.
- Holding in Urine – There are different reasons why people may hold their urine. For instance, there are some who would have to do this because they are stuck in traffic and there are also some who try to hold in urine simply because they are lazy to go to the comfort room.
- Diabetes – There are also some who are afflicted with diabetes who are finding it hard to pass urine. This is because the sugar levels of those who have diabetes can be perfect for bacteria.
There are still other causes of bladder infection such as menopause and even pregnancy. You have to remember that the moment you experience some symptoms of having bladder infection, you may choose to go to the doctor immediately. There are also some home remedies that you can do in order to help you out.
10 Natural Home Remedies for Bladder Infection
This is actually very simple. You would need to consume more water so that you can release the toxins or the bacteria that is causing your bladder infection. When you drink more water, you will urinate more often.
- You may be recommended to drink more water than your usual. It would depend on you how much water you need to take every day but some usually drink about 8 – 10 glasses of water.
- You may also need to consume soups and even other drinks.
- Avoid drinking beverages that will cause you to become dehydrated.
- Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice contains certain compounds that are available. They contain proanthocyanidins that can be helfpul in getting rid of the bacteria that may be causing the infection. At the same time, it can also help the urethra become even more protected from bacteria.
- Half a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice can help tremendously if you would like to prevent UTI but if you are already suffering from UTI, you would need to drink 4 – 5 glasses every day.
- Remember that you can also add cranberry juice to some of the beverages that you are going to drink.
- Tea Tree Oil
You have to know that Tea Tree Oil is composed of anti bacterial properties that can make it highly effective in getting rid of the bacteria that may be causing you some problems.
- You would need to place a few drops of tea tree oil on the water that you are going to use to bathe.
- The more that you clean the area, the more the area will be improved after some time.
- You would need to do this every day until you see the desired results.
You have to remember that apple cider vinegar is just one of the things that people use in order to get rid of their various problems. This home remedy is very useful for the things that you have to do. This can also be used to prevent the bacteria on your urinary tract. This can act as a natural antibiotic that can help get rid of the bacteria causing your problems.
- Add some apple cider vinegar to water.
- You can also add a bit of honey and lemon if in case you would like to improve the taste.
- Drink the mixture 3x every day until you get your desired results.
The thing about blueberries is that they can be highly effective in getting rid of bacteria. They have natural antioxidants that can help get rid of the toxins and bacteria that may be causing your UTI problems.
- Include blueberry juice on the juice that you usually drink.
- You may also add some blueberries on the cereal and oats that you take in.
- Make sure to consume bluberries regularly in order to prevent blueberries.
- Indian Gooseberry
The fact that Indian Gooseberry has Vitamin C makes it highly effective in getting rid of bacteria that may be causing your problems. At the same time, this can stop the cause of bacteria on your urinary tract.
- You can prepare a cup of water.
- Add some Amla powder to the cup of water.
- You may choose to add turmeric powder to increase the effectivity of the solution.
- This would have to be taken in about 3 – 5 times a day.
Do you know that pineapple is known to have a lot of properties that can make it highly effective in getting rid of your bladder infection? This is because pineapple has anti inflammatory properties. Remember that you would need to choose fresh pineapples instead of canned pineapples because it will not work that well.
- You can add pineapples to your current diet.
- Eat pineapples after every meal.
- You may also choose to consume pineapple juice together with your meal.
Aside from the fact that yogurt is known to be highly effective in trying to help people feel full when they are trying to lose weight, yogurt can also be very effective in trying to make bladder infections go away.
- Dip a tampon in plain yogurt.
- You may need to insert the tampon on your vagina for about an hour.
- Another option is to take in yogurt every day.
- Remember to choose plain yogurt. To improve its taste, you may need to place in fruits.
- Hot Water Compress
You may be surprised about this but hot water compress can be highly effective in getting rid of the discomfort brought about by having bladder infection. Since it can help relieve the inflammation, this can make it effective in getting rid of bacteria at the soonest posible time.
- Using a hot water bottle, place just the right amount of hot water.
- Place on your lower abdomen for a few minutes.
- Repeat whenever necessary.
- Baking Soda
Do you know that the use of baking soda can prevent the spread of the bacteria to other parts of the body? Doing this can help make the acid base become more acidic than usual.
- Make sure that you will add baking soda to the water that you drink.
- You need to drink the mixture twice a day.
- Remember to do this every day until you acquire the results that you are searching for.
Now that you already know the various things that you can do in order to help prevent bladder infection, make sure that you will do the home remedies mentioned above.