There are many important organs in the body, but one of the most important ones is considered to be the kidneys. The kidneys make sure that the blood is purified. They also remove possible waste products from urine. They are in charge of cleansing the body overall so that the body will stay healthy.
There are instances when the kidneys are unable to function because of some conditions. The condition may be something that can be remedied immediately, but some kidney medical conditions would require people to undergo surgery and a long period of treatment.
Speeding up the kidney’s healing process can be a complicated task if you do not know what you ought to do. You would have to be free from Kidney stones and the pain associated with having them. Would you like to know how you will be able to do that? Trying out some natural home remedies will help you out a lot.
10 Natural Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Apple Cider Vinegar
There are a lot of things that apple cider vinegar is known to do. It has been used for many home remedies, and taking it for kidney stones can make it highly effective. It can help dissolve the kidney stones that may be causing you pain.
- You would have to choose organic apple cider vinegar to make it more effective.
- Mix in apple cider vinegar, honey and water together.
- This would have to be done about 2 – 3 times a day.
You may find it humorous that you would need to use kidney beans to cure your problems with your kidney because of kidney stones. The fact that it is shaped like your kidney may indicate that it can heal you and your kidneys. This has been used as a medicinal tonic for a long period of time.
- Remove the beans from inside the pods.
- Boil the beans for 6 hours in water.
- Strain the liquid that has been acquired.
- Take the liquid throughout the day to ease the pain brought about by kidney stones.
Many people love pomegranate not only because of their taste but also because of their various health benefits. This time, pomegranate can also be effective in getting rid of kidney stones because the seeds and the juice are essential.
- Squeeze the juice of the pomegranate.
- Make sure that you will drink pomegranate juice throughout the day.
- You may have to do this every day until you get desired results.
Lemon Juice with Olive Oil
Many people have used the combination of lemon juice with olive oil in the past, but it was previously used to cure possible problems with the gallbladder. At present, this can also be used as a remedy for kidney stones. Basically, the acidic nature of lemon juice helps in breaking down kidney stones. On the other hand, olive oil prevents the growth of kidney stones so that they will not grow bigger.
- You would have to mix in lemon juice.
- Add the same amount of olive oil to the lemon juice.
- Drink this mixture.
- Make sure that you will be drinking a glass of water after taking it.
- This would have to be done for three days.
You are probably not aware that celery can be highly effective in making sure that urine will be pushed out of the system, and at the same time, it can also help prevent the growth of other kidney stones that may start to form on your kidneys.
- Make sure that you will use celery seed.
- You may also brew celery so that you can have celery tea.
- Drink the celery tea every day.
This is one herb that many people ignore other than cooking purposes, but basil can also be effective in making sure that the kidneys will remain healthy. Taking this can stop the formation of kidney stones.
- You would have to brew basil so that you can get basil tea.
- Mix in the basil tea with raw honey.
- Take this every day to improve the overall condition of your kidney.
Are you surprised that watermelon is actually on the list? Watermelon is known to be effective in being able to combat kidney stones because it helps break down the possible components that have caused the stones to form in the first place. At the same time, it is also rich in potassium, making it effective in keeping the kidneys healthy. They are also high in water, making it easier for kidneys to flush out impurities found in the body.
- Make sure that you will be eating watermelon regularly. You may do it after eating a meal.
- If you are not too fond of the fruit, you may opt to get the tea version of this.
- Take the tea every day.
Bran is made out of whole-grain, which makes it effective in getting rid of kidney stones. They contain all the needed essential nutrients that can help make the body fitter in general. At the same time, regular intake of bran flakes can decrease the amount of calcium found in urine, leading to the production of kidney stones.
- Eat bran flakes daily without fail because this is the only way by which it can take effect.
- There may also be other food products made out of whole grain that can be included in your diet to make your kidney healthier.
There was a time when many people are addicted to wheatgrass, and while some people are still diligent in taking it, there are some who would rather not take it anymore because of the way that it tastes. Taking wheatgrass can be a healthy alternative for you to have.
- Mix wheatgrass juice with lemon juice.
- You may also choose to add basil extract to make it more potent.
- Drink this every day to make it more effective.
One of the main reasons why kidney stones form is the type of diet that people have. If you would like to improve the condition of your kidney, you would have to stop the intake of food laced with too much salt.
- Make sure that you will also avoid your intake of soda and other energy drinks.
- The intake of processed foods would have to be reduced as well.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to the food that you normally take in.
Now that you already know the various things you can do to improve your kidneys’ condition and get rid of kidney stones, you can be sure that you will have healthier kidneys that can serve you better in the long run.