Having a shining and sparkling white teeth can make you look more captivating. White teeth has always been connected to healthy and young.However,there are a lot of reasons that will lead to yellow or even black teeth.
These reasons include poor dental hygiene,antibiotics,infection,chemical material, heavy smoke, consumption of tea, coffee and medicine.
In addition, age, genetic factors,metabolism problems and climatic conditions can also cause tooth discoloration.
Professional treatment for yellow teeth will be expensive.This article show you 14 easy home remedies for teeth whitening at home.
14 Easy Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
Many people like to eat delicious oranges, but throw away the orange peel.This is a huge waste.Orange peel contains calcium and vitamin C that can help get rid of the microorganisms that may turn the teeth yellow.
- Rub your teeth with orange peel every night.
- Continue doing this every night until you get desired results.
- Remember that it will take a few weeks before you get the results that you want.
Hydrogen peroxide has many uses, one of which is to whiten teeth. Hydrogen peroxide is a mild bleach that can help you remove calculus and make your teeth whiter and harder.
- Mix a little bit of your hydrogen peroxide with mouthwash.
- Start gargling and follow the normal instructions of using the mouthwash.
- Remember do not swallow the hydrogen peroxide.
- Do this for a few weeks before you get the results.
Note that you should avoid this method if you have sensitive teeth and gums,as Hydrogen peroxide can make your teeth even more sensitive than before. It may also cause gum irritation.
Do you realize that salt has been used for a lot of dental issues for a long period of time? This is a well known dental cleansing agent and it works in such a way that it helps the teeth gain back the mineral content that it has lost because of the different things that you do. It can also improve the color of the teeth and make it whiter.
- Instead of using toothpaste in the morning, you can use table salt instead.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- See results after a while.
You should remember that when using salt, you may have to be extra gentle with brushing your teeth and gums because if you do it too roughly, you can damage your tooth enamel and your gums which is something that you do not want to occur.
The list of home remedies that you can use to whiten your teeth will not be complete without the inclusion of baking soda. This is one of the ingredients you can use to effectively get rid of your teeth that is turning yellow. It can help get rid of plaque stuck on your teeth and eventually make your teeth whiter.
- Mix a little bit of your baking soda with your normal toothpaste.
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth for a certain period of time or until you see your desired results.
- Always rinse off with warm water.
Remember not to use too much baking soda on your teeth as this may get rid of the natural enamel of your teeth which can make your teeth softer and more vulnerable to hard food products and cavities.
Lemon has always been used as a home remedy for a lot of things. You can use it as a natural bleaching agent for your skin and you can also turn your hair a few shades lighter with the use of lemon juice. With all of these things said, it is not surprising anymore that lemon can also be used to get rid of the yellow discoloration of your teeth.
- Get a few drops of lemon juice and mix the juice with just a little bit of salt.
- Put the paste on your teeth and rub.
- Leave the mixture on your teeth for a few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- You can do this twice a day for a couple of weeks until the yellow tinge has been successfully removed from your teeth.
A lot of people associate Vitamin C with oranges without realizing that strawberries also contain a lot of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to be effective in making your teeth whiter which can please you a lot.
- Grind a few strawberries. It will depend on how big the strawberries are.
- Rub the strawberry paste on your teeth gently.
- Place this mixture on your teeth twice a day.
- Do this for a few weeks and eventually, the yellow tinge on your teeth will disappear.
There are a lot of people who regularly brush their teeth but do not floss as much. A lot of dentists say that flossing may be even more important than brushing because the residue left behind by all of the things that you have eaten will not be removed by brushing alone.
- Since you are recommended to brush your teeth twice a day, you are also recommended to floss your teeth twice a day.
- Know the proper technique to floss so you will not hurt your teeth and gums.
- This is something that you have to do for your whole lifetime so make it a habit. It will improve your oral health a lot.
Flossing can get rid of the stains that are stuck in between your teeth which can help improve your teeth’s appearance immediately.
A lot of people have mentioned that eating an apple a day will keep the doctor away but if you are having more issues with the color of your teeth rather than your health then you are in luck because apples can still help you get the whiter teeth that you want. Basically, scrubbing the apple on your teeth will act even better than your typical toothbrush because it contains ingredients that can effectively whiten your teeth.
- Eat an apple daily to get rid of the yellow stain on your teeth.
- Make sure that when you are eating, you are thoroughly chewing the apple. This will bring out the acids that can help in whitening your teeth effectively.
If you are not familiar with this, this is a type of remedy that is normally done in India. This is preferred by a lot of people because this is inexpensive. At the same time, this can improve cleanse your body from toxins and improve your overall oral health.
- You need to use pure and organic oil.
- Use the oil similar to a mouthwash which means that you are going to swish it around your mouth.
- Instead of just a few seconds though, you need to swish it around for about 15 minutes.
- Let it go through the various areas of your teeth.
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
After you have gone through this procedure, remember to consume more water throughout the day. This will further help your body become cleansed.
There are different things that Basil is known for but Holy Basil may be the most useful out of all. This contains properties that can help whiten the teeth. At the same time, it can prevent the teeth and gums from developing some serious gum diseases.
- You need to place a few leaves of the holy basil out in the sun for about a couple of hours.
- Check if the leaves are already dry.
- Grind the leaves into powder form.
- Mix the powder with your normal toothbrush.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
You have to do this for several weeks until you see your desired results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
You have already heard a lot about what ACV can do for your health. At the same time, you can use it for a variety of other things. This can also be used for oral health care as it can act as a natural antibiotic and teeth cleanser. If you have acquired stained teeth because of smoking or drinking coffee, using apple cider vinegar can be very effective for you.
- Dilute ACV with water.
- Swish the ACV on your mouth similar to how you would use a mouthwash.
- Gargle for about a full minute.
- Do this once a day to get the results that you want.
- Rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
There are always conflicting results about brushing immediately after eating. There are some who say that this is bad for the teeth as this can make the teeth extra sensitive but there are also some who say that this is good as this can get rid of the stains that may become more stubborn if you do not brush immediately. If your main concern is the color of your teeth, brushing immediately may be the answer.
- Always have your toothbrush and toothpaste with you whether you are at work or in school.
- After eating or drinking (especially if you drank something like coffee) brush your teeth.
- Remember to follow the proper techniques of brushing so you will not hurt your teeth and gums.
Eat Burnt Toast
When you burn your toast, charcoal will form on it and this will be highly effective in getting rid of the stains on your teeth. Charcoal is good for whitening the teeth but there is one thing to remember, this should not be done everyday as it can make the teeth more sensitive.
- When you prepare your toast in the morning, choose days when you will prefer your toast to be well done.
- Eat the toast thoroughly and make sure that the charcoal reaches your teeth.
- Wash down the toast with water.
- Brush and floss your teeth as usual.
If you cannot stand the taste of burnt toast, another option is to purchase loose charcoal but remember that if you do this too much, the enamel of your teeth will break down. You will have teeth that may break down easily as well.
Use a Straw
When you want to drink your favorite drinks but you do not want them to stain your teeth, you can use a straw. Remember that drinking too much tea, soda, wine and coffee can stain your teeth so drinking these beverages with a straw can make a lot of difference.
Of course, if you find it too embarrassing to drink these different beverages in public with a straw, just drink these beverages at home. Another option is to brush your teeth immediately after drinking these beverages.
When you finally achieve the type of smile that you have always wanted then you know that you have all the reasons to smile. Remember to have a healthier diet as consuming healthy food can also be good for your teeth.