Having shining and sparkling white teeth can make you look more captivating. White teeth have always been connected to healthy and young. However, there are a lot of reasons that will lead to yellow or even black teeth.
These include poor dental hygiene, antibiotics, infection, chemical material, heavy smoke, tea consumption, coffee, and medicine. In addition, age, genetic factors, metabolism problems, and climatic conditions can also cause tooth discoloration.
Professional treatment for yellow teeth will be expensive. This article shows you 14 easy home remedies for teeth whitening at home.
14 Easy Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
Many people like to eat delicious oranges but throw away the orange peel. This is a huge waste. Orange peel contains calcium and vitamin C that can help eliminate the microorganisms that may turn the teeth yellow.
- Rub your teeth with orange peel every night.
- Continue doing this every night until you get desired results.
- Remember that it will take a few weeks to get the desired results.
Hydrogen peroxide has many uses, one of which is to whiten teeth. Hydrogen peroxide is a mild bleach that can help remove calculus and make your teeth whiter and harder.
- Mix a little bit of your hydrogen peroxide with mouthwash.
- Start gargling and follow the standard instructions for using the mouthwash.
- Remember not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide.
- Do this for a few weeks before you get the results.
Note that you should avoid this method if you have sensitive teeth and gums, as Hydrogen peroxide can make your teeth even more sensitive than before. It may also cause gum irritation.
Do you realize that salt has been used for many dental issues for a long time? This is a well-known dental cleansing agent, and it works in such a way that it helps the teeth regain the mineral content that it has lost because of the different things you do. It can also improve the color of the teeth and make them whiter.
- Instead of using toothpaste in the morning, you can use table salt.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- See results after a while.
You should remember that you may have to be extra gentle with brushing your teeth and gums when using salt because if you do it too roughly, you can damage your tooth enamel and gums, which you do not want to occur.
The list of home remedies you can use to whiten your teeth will not be complete without including baking soda. This is one of the ingredients you can use to eliminate your turning yellow teeth effectively. It can help remove plaque stuck on your teeth and make them whiter.
- Mix a little bit of your baking soda with your regular toothpaste.
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth for a certain period or until you see your desired results.
- Always rinse off with warm water.
Remember not to use too much baking soda on your teeth, as this may get eliminater teeth’s natural enamel, which can make your teeth softer and more vulnerable to complex food products and cavities.
Lemon has always been used as a home remedy for many things. You can use it as a natural bleaching agent for your skin and turn your hair a few shades lighter with lemon juice. With all these things said, it is not surprising that lemon can also eliminate your teeth’ yellow discoloration.
- Get a few drops of lemon juice and mix the juice with just a little salt.
- Put the paste on your teeth and rub.
- Leave the mixture on your teeth for a few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- You can do this twice a day for a couple of weeks until the yellow tinge has been successfully removed from your teeth.
Many people associate Vitamin C with oranges without realizing that strawberries also contain a lot of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to make your teeth whiter which can please you.
- Grind a few strawberries. It will depend on how big the strawberries are.
- Rub the strawberry paste on your teeth gently.
- Place this mixture on your teeth twice a day.
- Do this for a few weeks, and eventually, the yellow tinge on your teeth will disappear.
There are a lot of people who regularly brush their teeth but do not floss as much. Many dentists say flossing may be even more important than brushing because the residue left behind by all the things you have eaten will not be removed by brushing alone.
- Since brushing your teeth twice a day is recommended, you must floss your teeth twice a day.
- Know the proper technique to floss so you will not hurt your teeth and gums.
- You have to do this for your whole life, so make it a habit. It will improve your oral health a lot.
Flossing can eliminate the stains stuck between your teeth, which can help improve your teeth’ appearance immediately.
Many people have mentioned that eating an apple a day will keep the doctor away, but if you are having more issues with the color of your teeth rather than your health, you are in luck because apples can still help you get the whiter teeth that you want.
Scrubbing the apple on your teeth will act even better than your typical toothbrush because it contains ingredients that can effectively whiten your teeth.
- Eat an apple daily to eliminate the yellow stain on your teeth.
- Make sure that you thoroughly chew the apple when you are eating. This will bring out the acids that can help whiten your teeth effectively.
If you are unfamiliar with this, this is a remedy generally done in India. A lot of people prefer this because this is inexpensive. At the same time, this can cleanse your body of toxins and improve your oral health.
- You need to use pure and organic oil.
- Use the oil similar to a mouthwash, meaning you will swish it around your mouth.
- Instead of just a few seconds, though, you need to swish it around for about 15 minutes.
- Let it go through the various areas of your teeth.
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
After you have gone through this procedure, remember to consume more water throughout the day. This will further help your body become cleansed.
There are different things that Basil is known for, but Holy Basil may be the most useful out of all. This contains properties that can help whiten the teeth. At the same time, it can prevent teeth and gums from developing severe gum diseases.
- You need to place a few leaves of the holy basil out in the sun for about a couple of hours.
- Check if the leaves are already dry.
- Grind the leaves into powder form.
- Mix the powder with your regular toothbrush.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
It would help if you did this for several weeks until you saw your desired results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
You have already heard much about what ACV can do for your health. At the same time, you can use it for various other things. This can also be used for oral health care as it can act as a natural antibiotic and teeth cleanser. Using apple cider vinegar can be very effective if you have acquired stained teeth because of smoking or drinking coffee.
- Dilute ACV with water.
- Swish the ACV on your mouth, similar to how you would use mouthwash.
- Gargle for about a full minute.
- Do this once a day to get the results that you want.
- Rinse your mouth with water afterward.
There are always conflicting results about brushing immediately after eating. Some say this is bad for the teeth as this can make the teeth extra sensitive. But some say this is good as this can get rid of the stains that may become more stubborn if you do not brush immediately. If your primary concern is the color of your teeth, brushing immediately may be the answer.
- Always have your toothbrush and toothpaste with you, whether at work or school.
- After eating or drinking (especially if you drank something like coffee), brush your teeth.
- Remember to follow the proper brushing techniques to not hurt your gums.
When you burn your toast, charcoal will form on it, which will be highly effective in removing the stains on your teeth. Charcoal is good for whitening the teeth, but one thing to remember is that this should not be done every day as it can make the teeth more sensitive.
- When you prepare your toast in the morning, choose days when you would prefer your toast to be well done.
- Eat the toast thoroughly, and ensure the charcoal reaches your teeth.
- Wash down the toast with water.
- Brush and floss your teeth as usual.
If you cannot stand the taste of burnt toast, another option is to purchase loose charcoal but remember that if you do this too much, the enamel of your teeth will break down. You will have teeth that may break down quickly as well.
Use a Straw
You can use a straw when you want to drink your favorite drinks but do not want them to stain your teeth. Remember that drinking too much tea, soda, wine, and coffee can stain your teeth, so consuming these beverages with a straw can make a lot of difference.
Of course, if you find it too embarrassing to drink these different beverages in public with a straw, drink them at home. Another option is to brush your teeth immediately after drinking these beverages.
When you finally achieve the type of smile you have always wanted, you know that you have all the reasons to smile. Remember to have a healthier diet, as consuming healthy food can also benefit your teeth.