When you have an ingrown hair on vag lips, the hair may roll back into the skin instead of going up. This can cause the skin to become inflamed especially if the area becomes infected. This usually is possible when you shave, wax or even pluck your pubic hair.
How Will You Know if Ingrown Hair Has Developed?
You will notice if the ingrown hair has already developed when you see small, round bumps on your skin. The bumps may be filled with pus, but as long as they are not infected, they will eventually disappear. If the bumps become redder in color and more raised than usual, then they are already infected.
Some people are more prone to getting an ingrown hair. For example, people who have thick and curly hair would develop ingrown hair more often as compared to people who have straight hair. Since pubic hair usually is courser than other parts of the body, ingrown hair may be more likely.
How to Treat Ingrown Hair on Vag Lips
There are a lot of times when you do not have to treat ingrown hair. You just have to wait for ingrown hair to clear up on its own. The hair will naturally take off from the skin, but if this does not happen, you can use some treatment.
Apply Warm Compress to the Ingrown Hair on Vag Lips
The reason why you have to do this is that the warm compress will have the ability to make the ingrown hair go out of the skin. You can also do the following treatments:
- Rub a wet washcloth on the area.
- Wait for the ingrown hair take off from the skin.
- Use a soft toothbrush to make the hair come out of the skin.
- Pull out the skin gently once it comes out.
You can try to stop removing the hair from your pubic area
The area may get irritated continuously because you are trying to remove the hair in that area. You may want to stop shaving, waxing, and plucking.
- Stop scratching on the ingrown hair because it will be uncomfortable for you.
- If you do not stop picking on the ingrown hair, it will only decrease your discomfort.
- It might lead to a skin infection later on.
Get rid of the dead skin near the area
There are times when the ingrown hair will be removed together with the dead skin. This is ideal for removing the dead skin naturally. You can exfoliate and wash the area that surrounds the ingrown pubic hair.
- You may exfoliate with the use of a scrub.
- Another option is you can brush the area gently.
- If in case this does not work, your doctor would recommend a type of drug that will effectively remove the dead skin cells immediately.
Some people use retinoids to clear up the dead skin cells from their pubic area easily. You may choose to do this if you think that this is the best option available.
You can use creams to get rid of the inflammation of the ingrown hair
Your ingrown hair may be inflamed. It is not ideal to prick the inflamed area just to get the hair that is inside. What you can do instead is to reduce the inflammation of the ingrown hair and the surrounding area. To get rid of the inflammation, you can do the following:
- Use steroid cream to reduce skin inflammation.
- You may also be designated a drug that can eliminate inflammation.
- There are so many home remedies that you can use topically over the inflamed area to significantly reduce the inflammation of your skin and the ingrown hair.
Another option is to try pulling out the hair with the use of tweezers, but this is only ideal if you can see the hair. Most likely, you will see a loop of hair that you can quickly pull. If you do not see this loop, do not attend to pull the ingrown hair on your own.
Ingrown Hair on Vag Lips Becomes Infected
Let us say that the ingrown hair has become infected. This may occur if you have repeatedly tried to remove the ingrown hair, but you were not able to do this easily. What are you supposed to do then? You may need to have yourself checked by your doctor to ensure that no future infections will arise.
Here are some of the natural treatments you can use to bring down the inflammation brought about by an ingrown hair:
- You can use tea tree oil. This will kill the bacteria that has caused the swelling to occur. Tea tree oil is a remedy that also applies to other skin conditions. For example, this is used to treat acne. Just a reminder: pure tea tree oil may be too strong for the skin. You can dilute it with water first before you use it.
- You can also use sugar to exfoliate the area surrounding the ingrown hair. After you have exfoliated the area, you can use olive oil to naturally moisturize the skin.
- Baking soda is another effective remedy you can use to get rid of the infection caused by the ingrown hair.
- Just mix baking soda with water and apply it on the skin. You can rinse with cold water if you feel that there is still baking soda residue in the pubic area.
Things to Avoid When You Have Inflamed or Infected Pubic Hair
The following are the things that you should avoid to improve your ingrown pubic hair:
- Avoid picking on the ingrown hair especially if you cannot see the ingrown hair yet.
- Do not squeeze the bump and try to prick it as you will only worsen your condition.
- Do not dig under the skin just to get rid of the ingrown hair. It will make your ingrown hair infected.
How to Prevent Ingrown Hair on Vag Lips
Use the right razor
If you would choose to shave your pubic hair, a single-bladed razor may be your best option. This can help get rid of the hair easily. Take note that razors should be replaced from time to time. If you notice that the razor’s blade is already dull, then it is time to purchase a new one. The continuous use of dull blades will result in more ingrown hair.
Try laser hair removal
People who used to have issues with their underarms, pubic area, and other areas wherein they do not want to grow any hair have said that laser hair removal has done so much for them. Laser hair removal can get rid of the hair follicles so that hair will stop growing. You may start seeing the effects in just a few sessions.
You can shave prior to your session so that the laser will concentrate on the hair follicles and not on your hair. Do not wax, because hair follicles are not visible, will not be effectively removed by laser.
Take a look at other hair removal options
There are other ways to get rid of your unwanted pubic hair without a razor. You can use chemical hair removers but some people do not recommend this because they can irritate the skin. There are some prescription creams that will not have effects that are too strong for the pubic area. Please feel free to consult your doctor about the available options to help get rid of your unwanted hair soon.
Do You Need to See A Doctor?
You have an ingrown hair on your vag lips. What should you do? If you get this occasionally then you have nothing to worry about but if you get them often, you can ask the doctor for recommendations on what you should do to prevent the onset of having an ingrown hair. If you have too much pubic hair, you do not know why your doctor can check if you have a disease or whether it can be prevented.