Large pores are a big concern for many women of all ages and all types of skin. A lot of people with oily skin and combination skin are prone to getting large pores, especially in the forehead, the chin and around the nose. You may become so self-conscious about it that your self-esteem has decreased a bit.
Pores play a vital role in the physiology of the skin and are a natural part of the skin. Without them, the skin will not be able to “breathe”.If you do not take care of these pores properly, they will become larger and will be easily clogged, which could cause the appearance of blackheads, pimples, and discolorations.
There are different products that you can use to get rid of the large pores on your nose, but this merchandise may be full of chemicals that will be harmful or irritating to your skin. There are also some items that may end up making your skin’s condition worse than it was. You do not want this to happen.
Remember that before knowing the remedies on how you can get rid of the large pores on your nose, you should first understand the reasons why you have it in the first place.
Causes of Large Pores on Nose
- Age – Even if you do not want to admit it, your age can be a huge factor in the size of your pores. Your skin will lose its elasticity as you age so the pores may become enlarged and never go back to their original size afterward.
- Excess Oil – Like mentioned earlier, having large pores is one of the leading problems of people with oily skin. People with excess sebum will clog the pores especially if the oil becomes mixed in with dirt and other particles.
- Sun Exposure – Sun damage can also be the cause of dilated pores. When you become exposed to the sun, you decrease the amount of collagen that you can find on your skin. At the same time, you can expect that your skin will not be as elastic as before due to the lack of collagen.
- Genetic-People with combination or oily skin tend to have large pores. If your father or mother has enlarged pores, it simply means that you are more likely to have them too.
- Improper skin care-It is essential to exfoliate your face at least twice a week to remove dead skin cells, otherwise, skin oil and dead skin cells can accumulate around the pores of the skin and make them appear larger.
- Acne-Blackheads and pimples can cause large pores if not treated properly.
- Puberty-Large pores are more common in adolescents. During puberty, the skin starts to produce more oil and the pores expand to be able to handle the increase in oil production.
How to Prevent Large Pores
As they always say, it is still best if you can prevent the enlargement of your pores rather than try to get rid of the pores when they have already grown in size. You need to formulate an adequate skin remedy that you will follow every day. Usually, you need specific steps to cleanse your skin properly.
You would need to wash your face before going to sleep at night to get rid of the dirt that has gotten stuck in your face. Next, you need to use a toner to get rid of dust that was not removed by water. You also need to moisturize your skin appropriately.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Large Pores Fast
Get to know some of the treatments that you can do to diminish the size of your pores.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a good treatment for the large pores that you have all over your face. This can be used as your toner after you have washed your face because it can help get rid of the impurities found on your face that water was not able to remove thoroughly. At the same time, this can neutralize the skin’s pH balance and make pores smaller.
- You need to search for organic apple cider vinegar and mix it in with equal amounts of water.
- Using a cotton ball, place the mixture in the areas where the pores are large particularly the nose.
- Leave on the face for a few minutes or so before rinsing.
- This needs to be done every day until you get your desired results.
You know that steam will be able to open up your pores more and you may be wondering how this can be helpful. When you steam your face, you are increasing the chances that you will remove dirt and oil from your skin that may cause your pores to expand.
- Pour warm water into a bowl or basin.
- Place a towel over your head as you place your face or the affected skin area on top of the bowl.
- Steam for your face for about 3 minutes.
- After steaming, pat your face with the use of a clean towel.
3. Lemon Juice
You may know lemon juice for its naturally bleaching property, but lemon juice can do a lot more not only for your body but also for your skin. The natural enzymes that can be found in lemon juice can help make the skin tighter than before.
- Prepare a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place lemon juice and mix before placing it on the affected skin area.
- Leave on the skin for a few minutes before removing it.
4. Green Tea
A lot of people love green tea because of its numerous benefits. Most people know that green tea is used to increase people’s metabolism and at the same time, it can have a lot of advantages to the body that the body truly needs. Green tea may also act as an astringent for the face.
- You need to choose the right green tea brand that you think will be effective for your skin.
- Brew the tea in a teapot.
- Get the tea afterward and let it cool down a bit.
- This can be done about 1x or 2x a week to get rid of your blemishes efficiently.
5. Egg White
Do you know what an egg white can do? This is known to be the “healthy” part of an egg although a lot of people just try it out because they are curious to see what it can do for the skin in general. This can help get rid of your blemishes, and at the same time, it may be able to lessen the size of the big pores that you have on your face.
- Use two eggs.
- Remove the yolk from the eggs.
- You may apply lemon to the egg white to make it more efficient.
- Place on your face and wait for about 30 minutes.
- This can be done about 2 – 3 times a week
6. Ice Cubes
You may be surprised by how easy you can use this because ice cubes are usually readily available inside your house. Ice cubes can help diminish the size of your pores because of the temperature. Naturally, when you expose yourself to colder climates, you can also expect that your pores will be narrower.
- Get a clean cloth.
- Place the ice cubes inside the cloth.
- Apply the cloth to different parts of the face mainly on the large pores to shrink them properly.
- If in case you do not have ice cubes ready, you can also take a cold bath to decrease the size of your pores.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is known to be used for a wide variety of things. Aside from the fact that it is already popular because of its many uses, a lot of people swear that the effect of using baking soda to decrease pores is highly efficient. Remember that baking soda can help exfoliate the skin which can prevent the amount of dirt found on the skin that may increase pore size.
- Baking soda should be mixed with warm water first.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the skin.
- Massage the baking soda in the nose area for a specified period. Remember to massage in a circular motion to make it more useful.
- Rinse with cool water.
- You may need to apply moisturizer afterward because your skin may already be too dry because of the use of baking soda.
Do you ever wonder why some products contain sugar? This is because sugar can exfoliate the skin efficiently. When you peel, you are removing various imperfections found on your skin.
- You can prepare your very own sugar scrub.
- Make sure that you will have just the right amount of sugar to cover the affected area.
- Leave on the skin for about 10 minutes or so.
- Rinse off with the use of cold water.
- This may be done twice a week because too much exfoliating will also be bad for the skin.
You want to use an item that will efficiently tighten your pores and make them smaller. You can never go wrong with using plain yogurt. The lactic acid in yogurt is responsible for getting rid of the impurities of the skin. At the same time, yogurt can be useful in reducing the amount of oil found on the surface of the skin.
- You have to choose plain yogurt to place in the affected skin area.
- Place thoroughly and leave for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Do this before you take a bath so that you can get rid of it quickly.
Other Solutions to Remove Large Pores
This treatment is effective in reducing the size of enlarged pores. The acid can penetrate the skin deeper and removes damaged layers of the skin, allowing the formation of new cells.
This is another effective treatment for dilated pores. Laser resurfacing does not only treat enlarged pores but also wrinkles, fine lines, brown spots, age spots, scars, discolorations and other types of imperfections.
It can stimulate the production of collagen that is essential for the elasticity and healthy appearance of the skin.
Alpha and Beta Hydroxyl acids
Alpha and Beta Hydroxyl acids are effective in preventing pore enlargement as they can exfoliate the skin and unclog pores. They can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and make the skin smooth and look younger.
The acids commonly used in dilated pore products are glycolic acid, citric acid, salicylic acid, malic acid.
Deep pore cleansing treatment
This treatment includes exfoliation, toning, cleansing, hydration, and extraction. It is the best treatment for dilated pores caused by puberty.
It balances the production of oil (sebum), removes congestion and encourages the formation of new healthy cells. Deep cleaning should be done by a beautician or dermatologist for the best results.
Microdermabrasion is an ideal procedure for shrinking dilated pores. It decreases the appearance of pores by a deep cleansing of the skin and removal of dead cells that clog pores.
The treatment can remove the top layer of the skin and reduces not only the size of the pores but also wrinkles, fine lines, brown spots, acne scars, and imperfections. In most cases, 2 out of 3 treatments are sufficient to minimize the appearance of dilated pores.
How to Prevent Large Pores
- Keep your skin clean and well hydrated.
- Treat the problem of large pores at an early stage to prevent future problems.
- Do a deep pore cleanse once or twice a month to keep your pores clear.
- Use products that reduce pore dilation every day.
- Always clean your face twice a day to keep your skin clean and fresh.
- Remove your makeup at night to avoid clogging pores.
- Do not squeeze blackheads or pimples as it can stretch the pores.
- Always wear sunscreen because the sun can cause enlarged pores.
- Drink plenty of water each day to dehydrate yourself.
- Avoid applying any irritating products to the skin, because if your skin is irritated the pores will look bigger.