If there is one thing that a lot of people hate, it is having flabby arms. It is possible that this is something that you do not like that much too. Even though some people lose weight in different parts of their bodies because of the different diets that they do, it is possible that their arms will not lose the weight that it has gained. The arms is one area of the body where fat seems to stay for a longer period of time than the rest of the body which makes it harder for people to lose arm fat properly.
Causes of Gaining Fat on Arms
There are different reasons why fat accumulates on the arms. Here are some of the reasons that might be causing your arms to be flabbier than the rest of your body:
- Excess Calories
- Doing limited exercises
- Unhealthy diet
People should remember that people can get excess calories when they eat more than the required amount depending on their body, gender and weight. Some people also tend to think that they just need to exercise to help get rid of the arm fat but what exercises do is tone the muscles and not get rid of fat. Trying to do weight lifting with flabby arms will not reduce the size of the arms. At this day and age, having an unhealthy diet is more common than having a healthy diet.
10 Great Ways to Lose Arm Fat at Home
Knowing and following the different steps in order to lose arm fat at the comfort of your own home may just be the only think that you need to have the arms that you have always wanted. Here are the different things that you need to do:
1.Rethink your Diet
If you think that you are eating too much fast food and you are not placing enough fruits and vegetables on your diet, you may want to rethink your diet and research on meal plans that can best fit your lifestyle.
- Find a diet that has less than the amount of calories that you take in every day.
- Try to find a diet that has all of your requirements that you need every day in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Include a lot of fruits, vegetables especially leafy greens on your diet.
2.Reduce Intake of Calories
What a lot of people do not realize is that no matter how healthy the food products that people eat may seem, it is still highly important that people are going to take in just enough food. It is recommended that people are going to reduce 500 calories from the amount of calories that they usually consume throughout the day.
- Have a calorie counter application installed on your phone wherein you can place in all the food products that you have taken throughout the day. This will give you an idea when you have already gone overboard or not.
- Take in food products that are rich in fiber to make you feel full throughout the day.
- Continue to reduce amount of calories consumed to effectively lose weight around the arms.
3.Eat Smaller Meals
There are a lot of people who do not get why people should take in smaller meals throughout the day. Mainly, the reason for this is because the body can recognize the food intake better this way and can burn the calories much faster than eating large meals throughout the day.
- Instead of eating big meals three times a day (i.e breakfast, lunch and dinner), take five small meals a day.
- Make sure that the meals are composed of the different things that the body needs throughout the day.
There are some people who still cannot grasp the fact that taking in a lot of water every day is needed to become healthier. In fact, there are some people who do not even drink a glass of water. Instead, they take in other forms of liquid. While taking in other forms of liquid can help keep the body thriving, water still has the best effects on the body.
When you wake up, make sure that you drink a glass of lukewarm water. This will help your digestive system to become prepared.
- Do not drink too much water when eating because this might dilute the nutrients that you are taking in.
- Drink about 8 – 10 glasses of water throughout the day in order to keep your metabolism and your appetite in check.
5.Eat A Hearty Breakfast
Have you ever heard about the saying that when eating breakfast, you should eat like a king? There is actually some truth in this because you are supposed to eat a big breakfast to jump start your body throughout the day. Do remember to avoid cereals that are high in sugar or food products with empty calories.
- Eat meals that are high in protein.
- Find high fiber carbohydrates and include that in your diet.
6.Drink Green Tea
What a lot of people do not realize is that green tea can actually be helpful for the body. Green tea can help jumpstart people’s metabolism and can help you lose weight effectively and naturally.
- Instead of drinking coffee with your breakfast, you may want to try drinking green tea instead. This will still make people stay awake because of its contents and at the same time, it can also be helpful for the body.
- Do this daily for the best results.
7.Do Physical Activities
It is possible that when you are at home, you just want to rest and forget all of the things that you have to do but actually, every day, you would need to do some physical activities lasting from half an hour to a full hour to help you lose weight on your arms and the rest of your body effectively.
- Try jogging around your area.
- Use a jumping rope and try to do it several times a day.
- Do some brisk walking around your area. Any physical activity that you do will help jump start your metabolism quite well.
This is an exercise that can be hard for most people but it can do wonders for people’s arms. Do remember that there are different types of pushups that can be done. Usually, you can start with beginner’s pushups and elevate that as time goes on.
- Do some knee push-ups usually you can do 3 sets of 12 when you are starting out and slowly increase that as time passes by.
- Do more strenuous pushups as time progresses.
There was a time when planking became an overnight sensation with people doing it in the weirdest places but when planking has resulted to death in some areas, it is still an effective way to lose fat found in the arms. Just remember to do it in a safe place to be sure.
- Make sure that you have an area around your home wherein you can do planking effectively.
- Try to do planking for at least a minute first then elevate it as you get the hang of it.
For some people, they assume that yoga is something that can be done for relaxation but actually, yoga is something that can be done in order to lose weight too. Do remember to try the easy poses in yoga first before trying to do the harder poses.
- Try to practice yoga at the comfort of your own home.
- Increase the amount of time that you spend on doing yoga as time progresses.
These are just some of the things that can be done in order to lose arm fat immediately. Following the above mentioned things will be extremely helpful.