Some people may have such questions as “Why would you want to make yourself pee?” Because urination is not a problem for most people. When you feel pressure on the abdomen, it’s time to go to the bathroom. However, there are some reasons you should force your body to pee.
Why Would You Want to Make Yourself Pee?
- Undergo a urine test – If you want to urinate fast for a urine test, drink enough water beforehand. You will find yourself wanting to pee ever so often.
- You may have a shy bladder. Some people can only pee when they are alone in the bathroom. If other people use the other stalls, the bladder will be too “shy” to release urine.
- Enlarged prostate
- Urinary tract infection
- Bladder obstruction
- Neurological disease
There are also times when you are feeling some pain in your bladder area, and at the same time, you are having a hard time peeing. If this is your current situation now, you have to seek medical advice immediately. One tip to remember: You should not force yourself to pee unless it is for medical reasons.
Who Commonly Suffer from Urinary Problems?
Men are more likely to suffer from urinary problems more than women. Men may start having problems when they are 40 years old. As they grow old, the chances that they are going to suffer from urinary problems become bigger.
How to Make Yourself Pee: 12 Remedies That Work
If in case you do not have any of the symptoms mentioned above and you are just bladder-shy about your upcoming urine exam, these are the different things that you can do so that you can make yourself pee:
1.Drink More Water
Drink more water before the urine test may be the easiest and safest way to induce natural urination. Do not worry about drinking too much because the extra water will be expelled from your kidney via urine naturally. You can drink two or three glasses of water before the urine test; you will make yourself pee at the doctor’s office.
2.Taking Certain Foods
Aside from water, what else can you take that will make you pee? There are some foods with a natural diuretic property that will help expel urine fast.
- Watermelons – This is a type of fruit that contains a lot of water. It is not surprising that this can cause people to pee better.
- Cucumbers – If you want something that can efficiently flush your lymphatic system, this is one of the food products you need.
- Citrus Fruits – Any citrus fruit will do. You can choose depending on your preference when it comes to taste. Citrus fruits are all diuretics. This explains why taking lemon water can get rid of bloat easily. It can efficiently flush out the excess water in the body.
- Carrots – Some people are more familiar with carrots as something that can be taken to improve one’s eyesight, but carrots can do much more than that. This can cause you to pee better because it has many antioxidants that will help remove the toxins found in the body.
3. Try Some Herbs
Some herbs are considered to be useful in inducing urination. Some of the herbs that you can include are the following:
- Parsley – This is full of antioxidants which can make it useful in making yourself pee.
- Cilantro – Same with parsley, this also comes with antioxidants that can make you pee. It also has other properties that can help regulate the digestive system.
- Garlic – Many people love garlic on their food, but this time, you can count on garlic as one of the food that you can take that will also promote urination. This can also boost your immune system.
- Ginger – This is known to increase urination that you have to do throughout the day.
Of course, you can always take coffee or tea. If you are a regular coffee or tea drinker, you know that you will frequently urinate when you start drinking.
When you want to produce a heavier stream, you can lean forward while sitting on the toilet bowl. This may be ideal for women who usually sit when they are peeing. When you lean forward, you are pushing your abdominal muscles, which can put enough pressure on your bladder so that you can pee better.
5. Try a cup of gray tea or black coffee
You can try a cup of gray tea or black coffee to help pee because the caffeine in them can promote frequent urination. However, avoid too much caffeine because it can spike your blood pressure temporarily.
6.Push on your Abdomen
If the pee you are producing is still not as much as you would like, you can push your abdomen. This will allow you to put pressure on your kidneys to produce a heavier stream of urine. Remember that you have to press gently – just enough to make your urine flow. You should also avoid pressing your bladder, as this can cause the urine to go back to the kidneys.
7.Massage your bladder a bit
To do this method, you need to know where your bladder is located. The bladder is located below your navel. You can tap lightly on your bladder as if you are drumming your fingers on a flat surface. You will drum or tap on some spots that will cause heavy streams to come out.
8. Allow running water to run
This is something that environmentalists will not do because water is life and should not be wasted at any cost. Still, if you are already getting desperate, you can turn on your faucet, close your eyes while sitting on the toilet and focus on the sound you are hearing. Many people find themselves being able to pee because of the sound of running water. You may never know; it might work for you too.
9. Try to put water on your perineum
If you are not sure about your perineum, this is the area located between your anus and your genitals. You can reach your perineum better if you have a bidet. Water down the area, and you may feel the need to pee.
10. Try to Relax
What if you know that you have to pee, but your bladder is shy about it? What are you going to do instead? A lot of times, you need to know how to relax. There are some relaxation techniques that you can do to make you feel better.
- You can close your eyes while sitting on the toilet and distance yourself away from the thought that you are trying to urinate. Allow yourself to think that you are at home and that there are no other people with you.
- When you try to relax, make sure that you target one muscle group at a time. You can focus on something easy first, then slowly progress to something that is considered harder.
- Listen to songs or read some newspaper articles. Finding things to do will distract you from urinating; doing these things will help you pee better.
- Hold your breath to make yourself relax. Because this increase can increase the carbon dioxide levels in your system, which helps you reduce stress. Try to exhale about three-fourths of your breath and hold the rest of the air for about 40 seconds. Repeat the process until you feel relax.
If you have tried all of the remedies mentioned above and nothing worked, you may be feeling tenser than you thought about the exam. What you can do is walk around a bit. You can walk for some minutes or do some other simple exercises like jogging or swimming. There are times when doing some physical activities, even if they are not strenuous, will be enough to make you pee.
12.Seek Medical Help and Try Medications
Once again, if you suspect that a health condition causes your inability to pee, you need to get yourself checked immediately. You need to find the cause before the condition progresses to something more serious and harder to treat. You should always treat the underlying cause to make yourself feel better.
If you have difficulty urinating with other symptoms such as acute lower abdominal or pelvic pain, you should see your doctor immediately. This may be a serious medical problem. Your doctor may recommend some medications like Alpha receptor blockers which will help make your bladder muscles relax and pee naturally.
Others’ Proven Experiences about Make Your Self Pee
Naisha: Drink a lot of water and gently tickle yourself near your asshole but a bit higher! This is a good way that always works for me.
Katie: When I can not pee easily. First, I drink a Gatorade and eat some Gummy bears, and then I drink some water. Finally, I walk for some time until I have to go to the bathroom.