How to use oolong tea for weight loss? You may be one of the people who would like to lose some extra weight. You may have an upcoming event and you like to feel confident wearing the dress that you have purchased a while back. It may also be because you just want to improve your appearance and you feel that losing weight is what you need to do.
There are different things you can do to lose weight. You can start exercising again. There are a lot of people who have not exercised for years because they claim that they are too busy with work. When was the last time that you tried exercising? If you cannot follow a certain routine, you can increase your physical activity instead. Why not take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator when you go to the mall? Walking short distances instead of riding your car can be a good alternative too.
Another thing that you can do to start losing weight is to pay attention to your diet. What do you usually eat? Do you eat fast food every day? Perhaps you even ask someone else to buy food for you instead of buying it yourself. Perhaps you already know the things that are mentioned above and you are trying your best but it seems like you are not losing weight. Maybe what you need is a boost. You need something that can boost your metabolism like Oolong Tea.
What is Oolong Tea?
Oolong tea is a type of traditional Chinese Tea. It has been used for centuries because of the different benefits that it can provide. Oolong comes from the buds, leaves, and stems of the Camellia Sinensis plant. If you are familiar with green tea and black tea, you are aware that the leaves of the same plant are used to process these types of tea but Oolong is a bit different because of how it is made.
In order to prepare Oolong, the buds, leaves, and stems of the plant are placed under the harsh light of the sun so that they can wither and dry up. After that, the various pieces of the plant are oxidized before they can be curled and twisted.
Oolong is packed with a lot of nutrients that the body needs. It comes with Vitamins A, C and E. It also has a lot of minerals such as calcium, potassium, selenium, magnesium and even some alkaloids. Some of the benefits that can be received from Oolong Tea aside from potential weight loss are the following:
- It can help cure Type II Diabetes.
- Prevent tooth decay and other oral health problems.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Reduce stress and lessen the possibility of acquiring conditions that are related to stress.
- Help improve brain function as it can help people focus on their tasks better.
Aside from the benefits that are mentioned above, Oolong can do a lot of things but you are interested in it because of the possibility that it can make you lose weight.
Can Oolong Tea Truly Make You Lose Weight?
You are aware that Oolong tea, in general, can be good for your health but you are still feeling skeptical if you would truly lose weight with its help or not. Aside from being able to help you maintain your current weight, it can also help you lose some excess pounds because of the following properties:
It can increase your metabolic rate
Your metabolism can determine how fast your body will burn the calories that you have consumed. Oolong tea is full of antioxidants that are meant to increase the body’s metabolic rate by about 10%. The more calories than your body burns throughout the day, the better your chances of losing some pounds.
It can help improve your digestion
Have you ever been constipated? You know how hard it is when you cannot pass stools at all. You have to rely on some supplements or some medications at times just to defecate. Without proper digestion, your chances of gaining weight are more likely. Oolong tea will help aid in digestion so you can count on the bad bacteria in your digestive track be removed so that your digestion of food will run smooth.
It can help lower your cholesterol level
Do you feel that you have a lot of bad cholesterol in your body right now? This is due to the food that you eat and the stressful situations that you are exposed to. When you have too much bad cholesterol, this can protect the body fat that you have in your body. Oolong tea can help dissolve the fat and will help you lose weight gradually.
Oolong does not contain any calories
One of your guilty pleasures may be going to your favorite coffee shop in order to drink your favorite frappuccino or latte. You ought to lessen this but you cannot help yourself especially if you are stressed. You may start gradually by replacing one of your coffee sessions with Oolong tea until the time comes when you do not crave sugar-loaded beverages anymore. Oolong does not contain any calories so it will not have any effect on your calorie count.
Oolong tea can help increase your energy
Do you often feel that you are too tired to continue with the things that you have to do for the rest of the day? When you drink Oolong Tea, you will get some phytochemicals that will increase the amount of energy that you have throughout the day. It will also lessen the possibility of your body absorbing fat and carbohydrates so, in the long run, regular consumption of Oolong tea will be effective in making you lose weight.
It can help stabilize your blood sugar levels
When your blood sugar level is high, there is a big chance that you will gain some weight. Oolong tea can help control your blood sugar level so that eventually, you will start losing weight. The one responsible for this is polyphenol which can be found in abundance in Oolong Tea.
Oolong tea can reduce the amount of abdominal fat that you have
There are some people who are skinny who still have a lot of abdominal fat. Abdominal fat is bad because this increases people’s chances of acquiring diseases. If you would like to decrease the amount of abdominal fat that you have, you can take Oolong tea. This gets rid of the fat in your arms and your abdominal area.
It is apparent that based on the things that are mentioned above, Oolong can be an effective tea to help aid in weight loss.
Some Oolong Tea Types
You may think that there is only one variety of Oolong Tea available but this is far from the truth. There are different types and you can choose depending on what you think will be most effective in helping you lose weight successfully.
Oolong Tea Bags
This is Oolong Tea leaves that have been packaged in tea bags. This is very easy to prepare and maybe your choice if you follow a very strict schedule.
- Prepare a cup of hot water.
- Place the Oolong tea bag on the cup.
- Steep for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the tea bag before you start drinking your Oolong tea.
- Consume about 2 – 3 cups every day to help Oolong aid in weight loss.
Oolong Tea Leaves
This may be a bit harder to prepare because you need an infuser to make it work and yet, the taste that you can get from leaves will be fresher and may revitalize you more.
- Make sure that you will place hot water on a cup.
- Place loose Oolong tea leaves on the tea infuser.
- Let the Oolong tea leaves steep in the cup for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea infuser that contains the tea leaves.
- Do this twice a day in order to get the fat-burning effects of Oolong Tea.
Oolong Tea Powder
This is the tea leaves of Oolong in powder form. This is known to be highly effective and this may be your choice if you do not want to wait a long time for your tea to be ready.
- Prepare a cup of hot water.
- Place the Oolong tea powder on it.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Drink this tea regularly in order to get its benefits.
Any of the Oolong types mentioned above will be highly effective for weight loss. Just make sure to follow these tips to make it even more effective:
- The most ideal steeping time for tea is about 3 minutes.
- If you would steep the Oolong tea for more than 7 minutes, you will lose the catechins which are considered to be essential.
- The ideal temperature for Oolong tea is at 194 degrees Fahrenheit.
How You Can Make Oolong Tea Ideal for Weight Loss
If you would like to make Oolong Tea highly effective in weight loss, here are some of the things that you can do:
- Try not to place sugar or milk on your Oolong Tea as the things that you will add will increase the calories present in tea.
- If you are planning to work out, drink this tea about 30 minutes before you do any workout. This will make your workout even more effective than ever.
- This will be more effective if you will follow a low-fat diet. Try to avoid eating any food that is high in fat and grease.
- Take note of the amount of caffeine that you take every day as this can interfere with how effective Oolong Tea will be for you.
- There are some Oolong Tea types that are flavored. You may opt for variants with flavors if you cannot take the natural taste of Oolong Tea. This is better than adding some milk and sugar.
Some Precautions in Taking Oolong Tea
It is evident from the things that are mentioned above that Oolong Tea can give a lot of benefits but of course, if you take too much of a good thing, this can lead to some problems as well. Too much Oolong tea can lead to some side effects such as the following:
- Some caffeine side effects are possible with too much intake of Oolong Tea. You will know if you have too much caffeine in your system if you feel restless and if you are having trouble sleeping. Other side effects include the following: diarrhea, increased heart rate, and dehydration. If you are experiencing some caffeine side effects, lessen your Oolong Tea intake or switch to a brand that contains less caffeine.
- Just to be on the safe side, you may want to consult with a medical practitioner about your intention to take Oolong Tea before you start taking it. Be specific that you want to use it for weight management so you will be prescribed with the right amount of Oolong Tea.
- You are not recommended to take Oolong tea if you are pregnant or if you are lactating.
- You are not recommended to take Oolong tea with some medications. It is best that you will clear this up with your physician.
- Too much consumption of Oolong tea can lead to Kidney stones among others so try not to take too much of it.
- Oolong tea contains natural Flouride. You should limit the amount of fluoride that you can find in your body as too much of it can lead to Skeletal Flourishes.
- The amount of iron that your body will be able to take may become affected if you take too much Oolong Tea.
The things that are mentioned above may be enough to convince you that Oolong Tea can actually help you lose weight. Your goal now is to find the right brand and flavor of Oolong Tea that you can drink for a long time. You can always try different brands and switch if you are unhappy. Grab your Oolong Tea now and do not forget to drink it 2 – 3 cups a day for the best results!