Some people place glue all over their face and say that it works well in removing their blackheads, whiteheads and other blemishes. According to some experts though, glue may contain some ingredients that are harmful to the skin. It can be even worse when used on the face.
There are various peel-off masks that are available now that can provide the same gratification and satisfaction because they can also effectively remove the blackheads and whiteheads from your face. What makes peel-off masks great is you can feel like you are having a spa moment at the comforts of your own home.
Some Tips to Remember
You cannot randomly choose to create a peel-off mask and just put it all over your face. These are some tips that can help you create the perfect peel off mask.
- Always do a skin test first before you apply the peel-off mask all over your face. There are times when your skin is sensitive to one of the ingredients that you have included in the peel-off mask. It may cause your skin to breakout.
- You need to make sure that your face is clean and dry before you start applying the peel-off mask to make it more effective in removing the blemishes from your face. Remember that your goal in creating the mask is to remove the dirt from the face and not to push the dirt into the pores.
- Try to pull away your hair away from your face so that the peel-off mask will not get stuck in your hair. You do not want your hair to be pulled off by the mask, right?
- There are some areas wherein you do not need to place the peel-off mask. For example, you cannot put it on your eyebrows because you are going to risk removing the hair from your eyebrows that way. You should also avoid placing the peel-off mask under your eyes as this is thinner and more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your face.
You are already familiar with some tips that will allow you to use the peel-off mask successfully. Do you know the peel-off mask that you want to use?
Some Peel-Off Mask Recipes
There are different peel-off masks that you can choose from. They come with different advantages and benefits. You can choose the recipe which you think will best fit your skin’s needs.
Orange Peel-Off Mask – For a more revitalized skin.
Oranges are always well-regarded because this is known to be good for the skin. Orange contains Vitamin C and antioxidants that can help get rid of the toxins found underneath the skin. This peel-off mask can give your skin a healthy glow.
You can use unflavored gelatin in order to make this peel-off mask more effective. It also helps that gelatin is rich in collagen which means that it can make the skin replenish the dead skin cells faster so the skin will look smoother, clearer and younger-looking.
- Place the gelatin (make sure it is unflavored) and the freshly-squeezed orange juice in a bowl.
- Heat the mixture.
- You can stir until the powder of the gelatin becomes completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let the gelatin cool down.
- Make sure that you do not wait for a long time or the gelatin will become solid.
- Apply the mask on your face with the use of a face brush.
- You may need to apply thin coats up to three times.
- Allow the mask to dry on your face.
- Peel off the mask and wait for it to dry.
- Apply light moisturizer on your face after.
Egg White Peel Off Mask – For smoother, clearer skin.
Do you know that eggs are considered to be very important and is needed by the body for different reasons? Egg whites are known to be helpful in making the pores shrink. It can help improve the overall condition of your skin. Eggs can particularly tighten the skin if you would apply it on your skin. Eggs alone can be used as a peel-off mask but if you want to make it a little bit more effective, you can add lemon juice to it.
- Crack the egg and separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Place the egg white in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice to the egg white.
- Whisk the egg white and the lemon well.
- You can use a clean makeup brush to apply the mixture on your face.
- Put a tissue paper over the first coat you have made and apply another layer of the egg white and lemon juice mixture.
- Allow the mixture to dry on your face.
- Once it is completely dry, you can remove the mask slowly. You might see the blackheads and the whiteheads included on the mask.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water to fully remove the residue of the mask.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- You can apply a light moisturizer after.
Activated Charcoal Peel-Off Mask – For removing toxins underneath the skin.
A lot of people do not want to try out this peel-off mask because they cannot imagine placing charcoals on their faces. Remember that this is activated charcoal and actually work well for your face. This can be effective in getting rid of the toxins that you have inside your body. The toxins may be due to the environment plus the food that you eat.
You can expect that activated charcoal will get rid of your skin’s excess oil and will cleanse your skin thoroughly. It will be very nice to add gelatin to it so that you can also increase the collagen production of your skin.
- Mix the activated charcoal and the gelatin powder in a bowl.
- Add warm water. It is best to use distilled water so you know that it is clean.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply on the face but make sure to avoid the undereye area and your eyebrows.
- You may want to thicken the mask so apply another layer.
- Allow the mask to dry completely. You can do various tasks or relax while the mask is applied to your face.
- Peel off the mask upwards.
- If there are some mask bits that are left on your face, remove them with water.
There are some people whose skin may become irritated after doing this peel-off mask. This explains why it is important to make a patch test first before continuing to do this. In case of redness or irritation, apply coconut oil on your face. It will help soothe the skin.
Milk Peel-Off Mask – For baby-like skin.
Have you ever wondered how it would feel like to get a milk bath? There are some people who still bathe in milk to this day because they believe that it can do wonders for their skin. If you find milk expensive, do not worry. You can still use this but specifically on your face.
Milk has lactic acid which is responsible for removing the stuck dirt and debris from underneath your skin. This can help open up your pores and get rid of those stubborn whiteheads and blackheads to have skin similar to a baby’s.
To make this peel-off mask more effective, you can add gelatin to it which contains collagen. Collagen will be effective in reducing the fine lines and wrinkles you may have on your face.
- You need to use warm milk and powdered gelatin that you will place in a bowl.
- If the milk is not warm enough, you can heat the two ingredients together.
- Once the mixture is completely mixed, you can wait for it to cool down a bit.
- Apply to the face thinly.
- You may need to apply 2 – 3 layers. Take note that you have to do this very fast because the mixture will dry up quickly.
- Peel off the mask.
- Rinse off with cool water in order to get rid of the stuck bits and pieces of the mask.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
This can be done once a week for the best results.
Glue and Activated Charcoal – For flawless skin.
It is funny how people say that glue should not be used because of its many ingredients but what if it would be mixed with activated charcoal? Will it work better? You can also add some essential oils to mask the glue’s smell.
- You can prepare the glue first by placing some glue in a bowl.
- Add the activated charcoal and mix well.
- Add your chosen essential oil.
- Mix the ingredients together until you have a well-mixed paste.
- Apply the paste on your face with the use of a makeup brush. Do not apply on the eyebrows and underneath your eyes.
- Allow the mask to dry.
- Once dry, you can peel off the mask in an upward position.
- If there are some parts of the mask that will remain, you can wash off the mask with water.
- You need to apply coconut oil on your face to act as a natural moisturizer.
With all of these peel-off masks available, you will be able to achieve the type of skin that you want. Aren’t you excited to try them out soon?