Stretch marks, also known as striae, often occur when the skin is quickly stretched and exceeds the strength of its flexibility. The marks are usually long and narrow lines with an off-color hue. You may also notice white, blue, red, pink, or purple streaks on your skin.
A survey shows more than 50% of women have stretch marks during pregnancy. And they usually form in the last three months. When you are pregnant, your skin layers will stretch over as your baby grows fast. In addition, the changes in hormones in your body during pregnancy can also lead to loose skin. These factors can cause stretch marks on your abdomen, breasts, and thighs.
Stretch marks often occur during pregnancy or periods of rapid growth and drastic weight changes. Although pregnancy is the main reason for stretch marks, other causes, such as weight gain, bodybuilding, and adolescence, can also cause stretch marks.
Stretch marks usually appear in the abdomen but can also appear in the thighs, buttocks, breasts, upper arms, waist, and hips. They are a form of scarring on the skin’s surface. Not only do women suffer from stretch marks, but men also get them.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast
Stretch marks may decrease over time, but they will not completely disappear. Fortunately, there are many natural ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. To get rid of stretch marks, you can moisturize and nourish your skin from inside and outside. The following article discusses some practical ways to get rid of stretch marks fast.
1. Maintain a healthy diet
A healthy diet is very effective in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy! It benefits you and your baby and will also increase the elasticity of your connective tissue and keep your skin smooth. Eat more foods rich in protein, zinc, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
- Fatty acids such as Omega-3 can help repair your damaged skin. Foods rich in fatty acids include fish, walnuts, chia seeds, Hemp Seeds, egg yolks, mackerel, and cod liver oil.
- Foods rich in antioxidants include sweet potato, garlic, dark chocolate, avocado, and green tea.
- Zinc can help improve the health of the skin. Zinc-rich foods include sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, red meat, dark chocolate, spinach, and chickpeas.
- Vitamin-rich foods include yeast extract, bell pepper, fortified cereals, whole grains, fruits, and many green vegetables.
2. Vitamin C, D, and E
Vitamin C can help to regenerate and strengthen damaged tissues. Many vegetables and fruits, such as oranges, lemons, oranges, avocados, and broccoli, are rich in vitamin C.
According to the latest study, vitamin D can also reduce the risk of stretch marks. You can eat more bread, cereal, milk, or yogurt to intake vitamin D. Regular sun exposure is also an excellent way to get vitamin D.
Vitamin E contains tocopherol, which is a natural antioxidant. It also contains squalene that helps promotes cell growth and prevent the occurrence of stretch marks effectively.
Apply the Vitamin E oil to your breasts and massage it in circular motions for 5-10 minutes. This can help the skin absorb the oil effectively. Repeat this process 2 times a day.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil contains polyphenols, phytosterols, and vitamin E to enhance the skin’s elasticity and collagen production. It also contains antioxidants and essential nutrients that can accelerate the healing process of skin cells and reduce scars.
Apply olive oil directly on your skin and massage the area in circular motions for five minutes. This allows your skin to absorb the oil by wrapping the area using saran wrap.
You can also combine olive oil with castor oil for a more powerful punch. Mix one teaspoon of these oils and apply the mixture to the affected areas. Massage the skin for 10 minutes and cover the area with a cloth.
Alternatively, you can combine olive oil and fresh aloe vera gel. Apply this mixture two to three times a day.
4. Egg whites
Egg whites contain high levels of proteins and amino acids, making them one of the best natural methods for removing stretch marks at home. In this method, you will only use the egg whites and save the yolk for other purposes.
Take two eggs and whip the egg whites with a fork. After washing your skin, apply egg whites to the affected area. Let it dry completely before washing it off with cold water.
Once you are done, apply coconut or olive oil to moisturize your skin. Repeat this treatment once a day until you are satisfied with the results.
5. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a well-known herb for treating various skin problems. It contains soothing and healing properties that can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and other skin blemishes.
Take a big aloe vera leaf and cut it in half. Extract its gel and apply it directly to your skin. Let it sit for 15 minutes or more, and rinse the skin. Repeat this treatment daily.
Alternatively, mix one-fourth cup of fresh aloe vera gel with five vitamin A capsules and 10 vitamin E capsules. Apply the mixture to your skin while rubbing gently. Allow your skin to absorb the gel and oils. Follow this process once a day for the best results.
Another option is to blend 1 cup of aloe vera, two teaspoons of almond oil, and 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply this to the scars and let it sit for 45 minutes.
6. Plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin and connective tissue soft, which can help prevent stretch marks. It is best to drink two to three liters of water a day.
Try to avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee. Caffeine can disturb the hormone levels in your body and increase the risk of developing stretch marks.
In addition, caffeine will deprive your body of moisture and sugar, causing the skin to age prematurely. Dry tissue is usually not as resistant as sufficiently hydrated tissue and is more prone to injury, such as stretch marks. If you drink coffee, try to drink a lot of water to balance your fluid intake.
Your connective tissue is under great pressure during pregnancy due to your baby’s growth. Regular massage of the skin on the abdomen, breasts, buttocks, and thighs can promote blood circulation and strengthen the elasticity of the connective tissue.
You can use a natural bristle brush or loofah glove to massage in circular motions when you are showering. Gently massage the affected area with creams, oils, or lotions. This will not only make the stretch marks disappear but also smooth your skin.
8. Alternate shower
A changing shower is an excellent way to fight any stretch marks. It lets the water run alternately warm and cold over your skin. Frequent temperature changes can help stimulate blood circulation and promote new cells in connective tissue. As a result, stretch marks can also be reduced.
9. Endurance sports
If you are pregnant, you can still do some exercise. This not only keeps you fit for birth but also helps you to prevent stretch marks. However, you need to choose easy exercise instead of sweating. Going briskly for half an hour, two or three rounds of swimming per week, is enough to prevent annoying stretch marks. In addition, pregnancy yoga is a miracle weapon against skin cracks.
10. Muscle Building
Targeted muscle building is an excellent alternative to endurance sports for pregnant women. However, this anti-stretch mark method is unsuitable for all women because the exercises are pretty strenuous and should be done at least every two days to be effective.
Exercises such as squats or oblique situps are particularly suitable for you. This can help prevent stretch marks on the abdominal, thigh, and thigh muscles. However, you should do these exercises only at the beginning of your pregnancy.
Exfoliating can effectively help remove dead skin cells and promote new skin cell growth. Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and two teaspoons lemon in a bowl. Apply this mixture to the areas to be treated and scrub your skin for 2 minutes. Rinse and renew once a week ( 2 times maximum). Before applying this mixture to all of your skin, do an allergy test on your skin.
12. Care products
Various creams, scrubs, and body lotions eliminate stretch marks on the market. Regular use can help keep skin moisturized and avoid streaks and cracks. If you are using skincare products to prevent stretch marks, it is best to use them after bathing. It is most likely to receive cream and its ingredients when your skin is still damp after drying.
13. Weight Control
A drastic change in your weight usually causes stretch marks. Therefore, maintaining a healthy weight is the most effective way to prevent stretch marks. integrating a healthy diet and exercising regularly is an excellent way to control weight.
14. Avoid sun exposure directly
The ultraviolet rays in the sun will make the stretch marks darker. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 to protect your skin when outdoors.
How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks On Breasts
Stretch marks appear not only on the abdomen and leg but also on the breasts. This is because the volume of women’s breasts changes quickly compared to other body areas.
Pregnancy, menstrual cycles, puberty, or weight gain and loss can rapidly change the size of the breasts, leading to stretch marks on the breasts.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Breasts
- Use a warm towel to compress your breast before going to bed every night.
- Apply a nourishing cream or lotion to your breasts and gently massage them.
- Maintaining regular exercise can help improve blood circulation and maintain skin elasticity.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins E and K, such as dairy products, liver, tomatoes, and green leafy vegetables.
- A steam bath can help open the skin pores on the breast and eliminate them daily.
- Drink plenty of water ever eliminate this will hydrate your skin and eliminate stretch marks on your breasts.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks From Gaining Weight
Weight gain is the most common cause of stretch marks outside of pregnancy. A rapid increase in body weight can cause your skin to be overstretched, leaving an unsightly stretch mark.
Many people ask if weight gain can lead to stretch marks. Do stretch marks disappear after weight loss? Unfortunately, losing weight does not necessarily eliminate them. Conversely, the lines may get worse.
After weight loss, the skin will get back to its position, along with stretch marks. This will make stretch marks closer to each other and more evident than before. However, there are some natural remedies to make stretch marks less visible after weight loss.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks From Gaining Weight
- I am drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. This can help the skin maintain moisture and elasticity, reducing stretch marks visibility.
- Apply lotions, moisturizing cream, or olive oil to affected areas. Then massage the affected area gently with your finger. This can effectively help rebuild collagen and reduce stretch marks.
- Potatoes contain polyphenols, phytochemicals, and carotenoids, which help enhance the skin’s texture and appearance. This vegetable’s vitamins and minerals can accelerate skin cell growth. Cut a piece of potato and apply it to your affected area. Let it dry for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Lemon juice is a natural bleach that can effectively lessen your stretch marks. The acidic properties of lemon help treat stretch marks, pimples, and other blemishes. Cut a fresh lemon and squeeze the lemon juice. Apply it on your skin for 5-10 minutes before washing it with warm water.
How to Reduce Exercise-Induced Stretch Marks
In addition to pregnancy or gaining weight too fast, working out can also lead to stretch marks. Rapidly building muscles will stretch your skin. When it exceeds its elastic capacity, stretch marks appear.
Stretch marks often appear on the thighs, back, chest, and inside edges of your arms. Here are some valuable tips for removing stretch marks from working out.
How to Prevent Exercise-Induced Stretch Marks
- Eat a healthy diet such as vegetables, fruits, leptin, and whole grains. These foods can help produce collagen that can repair your over-stretched skin dents.
- Avoid excessive weight you lift during exercise. Fast-growing muscles can damage your skin and lead to stretch marks. You can use a lighter weight instead and appropriately increase the number of repetitions.
- Tretinoin cream is another effective remedy that can make your stretch marks lighter. Apply this cream directly to your affected area 1-2 times daily. This cream can help boost collagen production and lighten redness on the skin.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Men’s Skin
Male Stretch Marks are common in bodybuilders, athletes, and other people who have increased muscle mass or lost weight too fast.
Rapid weight loss or weight gain will disrupt collagen production and lead to skin tears. This will result in stretch marks on your skin. Male stretch marks often appear on the chest, upper arms, and shoulders. Here are some valuable tips to help get rid of male stretch marks.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Men’s Skin
- Moisturize your skin with a men’s moisturizer containing vitamin A and hyaluronic acid. Apply the moisturizer and massage it at least twice a day. This can helps reduce stretch marks and boost your skin health.
- Exfoliating regularly with a men’s scrub can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. You can do this 3-4 times a week. This can help remove dead skin cells and stimulate new cell growth.
- Try to gain muscle or lose weight gradually; 1-2 pounds per week is ideal. Excessive skin stretching speed will increase the risk of stretch marks.
- Eat fruits and veggies rich in vitamins A and E. These natural antioxidants can help stimulate collagen production. Moreover, they’re also great for your overall health. Alternatively, you can use vitamin A cream to supplement vitamins. It’s easy to use and helps hydrate your skin effectively.