How to get rid of timothy grass allergy? People usually experience a lot of allergies during the spring season. Some people would just like to enjoy the things that they usually do but they will suddenly end up sneezing afterward. Just imagine having to walk through the park, enjoying all of the blooms that have appeared but suddenly, you cannot do it anymore because you are sneezing all over the place.
Allergic rhinitis is usually caused by common pollen that usually starts in the springtime and can last for a long time. Some people still experience hay fever and timothy grass allergy even in the summer. Having a picnic during the summertime which is one of the people’s favorite activities can be a bit hard to do. A lot of people do not usually realize that they are afflicted with this condition.
Symptoms of Timothy Grass Allergy
There is a chance that you are not aware if you are suffering from Timothy Glass Allergy. Here are just some of the things that you can look for:
- Congestion – If you suddenly have trouble breathing, this may be a sign that your sinuses are congested and you are suffering from allergies.
- Runny Nose – After you have gone through congestion, there is a big possibility that you will start having a runny nose. This might hinder you from doing some of the usual tasks. You also need to have a lot of tissue to keep you comfortable.
- Scratchy Throat – You may start to feel that you are having some problems with trying to swallow because your throat is scratchy. This may be a symptom of your current allergy.
- Decreased Smell – Since you have a congested nose, there is a big chance that you will not be able to smell anything. You will also have some trouble testing since taste and smell can go together.
- Coughing – When you have allergies and you are having trouble breathing, you may start to cough. This is your body’s way of coping with the lack of energy that you may be experiencing.
Here are just some of the symptoms that you may possibly experience. Do remember that there are still a lot more that you may also experience when you are having an allergic reaction.
10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Timothy Grass Allergy Fast
Do you know that when you take in more alcohol, you have a larger chance of being more susceptible to allergies? It seems that those who take in more alcohol become more likely to suffer from different types of allergies than those who try to avoid taking in any alcoholic drink. Studies also show that taking in alcohol can also increase the symptoms that people might experience.
- Even just one glass of alcoholic beverage a week can increase people’s susceptibility to allergies.
- Symptoms may be increased more when more alcohol is taken.
There are different reasons why people normally feel stressed. There are people who become stressed because of the tasks that they have to do at work while there are also some who become more stressed because of their personal relationships. Ultimately there are a lot of people who suffer from stress who become more afflicted with allergies because of their current state.
- Cortisone is released every time you feel stressed and this can help increase the symptoms that people may feel.
- If you know that you will undergo something stressful, make sure that you will prepare yourself ahead of time so that you can possibly lessen the stress that you will feel.
- Try to avoid stressful situations at all cost.
Take Vegetables Rich in Carotenoids
There is a chance that you are not aware that carotenoids can be very helpful in lessening the symptoms that you may feel because of suffering from allergies. What carotenoids can do is they can lessen the inflammation of the passageways so it will be easier to breathe.
- Take carotenoid-rich vegetables like butternut squash and spinach.
- Make sure that you will increase the amount of these food products every day.
Know What Makes You More Sensitive
There is a chance that you will probably become more sensitive to your grass allergies if you would add it to food allergies that you may get whenever you eat certain food products, your symptoms will increase tremendously.
- Do remember that there are some problematic food products that are available. There are a lot of people who are allergic to nuts and chicken.
- It will be important to keep your eye on the different symptoms that you feel whenever you eat certain food products.
- Once you are already aware of the different food products that you should avoid, avoid it more during the spring and summer season.
Do you know that acupuncture has been used as a natural home remedy for a long period of time? It has been said that acupuncture helps balances the flow of the whole body so a lot of people who have gone acupuncture have started to feel better no matter what type of condition they are suffering from. It is not surprising anymore that acupuncture is also said to be helpful against allergies.
- Acupuncture can help boost the system’s immune system which can then make sure that the body will fight off possible symptoms of allergies.
- Acupuncture can also be effective in increasing people’s energy. This is very helpful when people drink medications that can decrease the amount of energy that they have in their system.
- Choose the right acupuncturist for you. There is a chance that there are a lot that are available in your area. Choose the one with the best reputation so that you can get the best experience possible.
There are a lot of people who think that honey is very effective in getting rid of allergies. It seems that symptoms can be lessened very well. Do remember that it will be best if you could start consuming honey months before the season for allergies will start.
- Do remember that when choosing the right honey that you are going to use, it may be best if you could use local honey.
- It will be best if you could choose organic honey because honey that is being sold in the store is already heated and this can make the honey worse.
- Honey can also be helpful in strengthening the immune system so make sure that you will take one teaspoon every day so that it will help you out.
Do you know that it will be easy to rinse away the possible things that are causing you to have your allergies? You cannot rinse it off with just water however and you would need a neti pot for it. This will help clear your sinuses and will help you breathe better and feel better.
- Mix iodized salt with water.
- Place the water on the neti pot.
- Place the edge of the neti pot on one nostril and tilt your head.
- Let the water run down to the other side of your nostril.
- You will start to feel better after.
This is almost the same as the neti pot but the main difference is that your main item is a spray instead of the pot itself. Salt and water can be very effective in clearing out your sinuses so you know that you can benefit a lot from this.
- Mix iodized salt with water.
- Place the saline solution on the atomizer.
- Spray on the inside of the nose. Wait for your nose to clear up.
- Do it on the other nostril.
While butterbur is well known to be a weed, it can also be very helpful in getting rid of allergies. It can help stop antihistamine that may cause allergies so this can be a very effective thing to use.
- You would need to take in a bit of butterbur by boiling it in water.
- Take a bit of it once a day.
Fish Oil Supplements
Do you know that fish oil supplements can also be effective in getting rid of your allergies? This is because it can help stabilize the various levels of leukotrienes in the body. This can then avoid the bad effects of allergies.
- Take fish oil supplements once a day.
- Do remember that some people cannot take fish supplements because of allergies.
Do remember that these are just some of the things that you can take in order to strengthen your immune system to get rid of timothy grass allergy. There is a chance that you will need to know which one works for you best. People have different immune systems and there are different things that people will look for. Make sure that you will experiment to find the right immune system that will work best for you.