Candida is another word for yeast infection. A group of microscopic fungi called Candida Albicans is the main cause of getting this infection. While it usually affects the area of the vagina in women, there are times when it also affects other areas of the body such as the nail beds, underneath breasts and in some cases, even in dentures.This article show you 10 natural home remedies to get rid of yeast infection fast.
There are different things that may cause yeast infection to come naturally.
Causes of yeast infection
- Intake of Oral Contraceptives
- Intake of Steroids
Aside from the reasons mentioned above, there may still be other reasons that are available. Even if there is a misconception that only women get yeast infection, studies show that men can have it too.
If you have the infection, the first thing that you ought to do is to go to your doctor. Your doctor will probably recommend some remedies that you can do to get rid of the infection at the soonest possible time but you can also ask the doctor for some home remedies that you can do in lieu of taking medications.
10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Yeast Infection Naturally
Coconut oil is always one of those oils that are used for home remedies and most of the time; they are effective in getting rid of the problem. In this case, coconut oil can be used to get rid of yeast infection because it has anti fungal properties that can help kill yeast effectively.
- Apply coconut oil topically for a period of a few days.
- Apply on the affected area about three times a day to help kill the infection.
- If you have yeast infection on your dentures, you may want to gargle or just place the oil on your mouth for about 5 – 10 minutes. You can then spit it out afterwards. This also needs to be done about 3 times a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is yet again another item that home remedy lists cannot get enough of because it is almost always included. Apple Cider Vinegar can be effective in getting rid of yeast infection because it has some components that can kill yeast and fungi.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water. Make sure that you will only place a small amount of apple cider vinegar and drink it.
- This would have to be done twice a day for about 3 – 4 days.
- If you cannot take ingesting Apple Cider Vinegar, you may choose to apply apple cider vinegar topically on the affected area of the skin.
You are probably not aware that yogurt can be effective in getting rid of yeast infection because it is something that people normally eat especially if they are on a diet. The lactobacillus acidophilus is known to be good bacteria that can be found in yogurt and can help fight the bad fungi and bacteria that are causing the yeast infection. Do remember to make use of plain yogurt instead of flavored ones to make it more effective.
- Slather the yogurt on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave the yogurt for about half an hour.
- If you are going to do this at night, you may choose to place it overnight.
There are times when Boric acid is not allowed to be used while there are also times when it is allowed. Boric acid is inexpensive and it can help get rid of yeast infection very easily. Do remember that before you do the procedure though, you may want to ask for the approval of your doctor to be sure that this procedure is safe.
- Use gel capsules without anything on it.
- Place the boric acid on the gel capsule. The amount that you will place will depend on the recommendation of your doctor if he/she approves.
- Insert the gel capsules with the Boric acid inside the vagina. It will melt on its own.
- This would have to be done once a day every week.
Garlic is known to be an herb that can be used to deal with various ailments and conditions. The fact that it is so versatile make a lot of people like it a lot. Garlic is known to be effective because it has anti inflammatory and anti fungal properties.
- Get a few cloves of garlic
- Crush the garlic until they form a paste.
- Place the paste on the affected area of the skin and leave there for about half an hour.
- Do remember to protect the area around the affected area that does not have yeast infection because it might react because of the garlic.
Rosemary is known to be another herb that can be very effective in getting rid of yeast infection. The fact that it has some anti inflammatory properties make it the perfect choice to be placed on the affected area whenever it feels like it is burning or when the area is extremely itchy.
- Make Rosemary tea by placing fresh Rosemary leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and strain the Rosemary.
- Using a cotton ball, dip the cotton ball on the Rosemary tea and apply it topically on the affected area for instant relief.
- Do this about 4 times a day.
There are some people who are aware that cranberries can be used for a variety of other things. There is even a chance that you have already used it for one home remedy. Cranberries have anti bacterial and anti fungal properties which can be very effective in fighting the fungi that is causing yeast infection.
- Choose unsweetened cranberry juice since sweetened ones may have preservatives that will not make it that effective.
- Drink the unsweetened cranberry juice about three times a day.
- Cranberries will speed up your healing process to make the yeast infection go away after some time.
Aside from the fact that Oregano oil is known to make the immune system stronger, it is also one of the things that people use in order to get rid of yeast infection effectively. It has anti fungal components that can make the yeast infection go away with constant use.
- Place a few drops of oregano oil on the affected area.
- Rub the oil around the skin.
- If the oregano oil is too strong for your skin, mix it with coconut or olive oil to make it less irritating.
Olive Leaf Extract
The extract of the olive leaf can be a surprise because it can actually be very effective in getting rid of yeast infection. It has various properties that can make getting rid of the fungi that has caused the infection to become killed and completely eradicated. It can also promote the production of good bacteria in your body.
- Get some fresh olive leaves and fine chop them.
- Put in a mason jar or any glass that has a lid on it and add vodka.
- Place the mixture in a cool, dry and dark place. It would have to be placed there for a month.
- Place the liquid in another jar without the leaves this time.
- Place the liquid on the affected area of the skin.
Tea Tree Oil
Another oil that can help get rid of the fungi causing the yeast infection is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is a natural fungal cleanser so getting rid of the bacteria can be easy to do.
- Directly place tea tree oil on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it there until it dries.
- This would have to be done about 2 – 3 times a day until desired results are shown.
Getting rid of yeast infection can be easier with the use of the home remedies that are mentioned above.