Menstruation is a natural physiological phenomenon. Every healthy woman between 12- 50 years will have menstruation once a month. The period is the symbol of a woman’s fertility. However, many women take pills to postpone their period. Some women also take birth control pills to stop their periods.
Controlling your period can be a hard task at times, especially if there is a sudden outing with friends, a swimming competition, or a romantic holiday with your significant other. Sometimes you may want to avoid periods and make the menstruation delayed.
Delaying the menstrual period with pills may not be safe and have side effects. Fortunately, there are some home remedies you can use to delay your period. With these methods, you can reduce the risk of experiencing negative effects. You can also have more fun together with your family, friends, or partner in your outdoor plans.
Top 10 Home Remedies To Delay Your Periods Naturally
Vinegar is one of the ingredients that will always be in your kitchen. Not many women are aware of this natural solution but drinking vinegar can postpone your period without any side effects.
It controls diabetes, reduces glycemia, decreases food allergies, and improves acid-alkali balance. Vinegar also contains antimicrobial properties that can treat oral diseases.
- Add three to four spoons of vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink this solution three times a day to delay your period.
- Taking this solution regularly will also reduce menstrual flow.
Drinking vinegar several days before the date of your period can delay it naturally.
2. Avoid Heat Producing Foods
There are many theories that spicy foods and other heat-producing foods play a major role in inducing your period. While it is not yet proven scientifically.
Many women claim that avoiding spicy foods can delay your period naturally. Some women also mentioned that the heat in spicy foods triggers their period.
- Avoid spicy foods and ingredients like hot pepper, paprika, garlic, black pepper, chilies, and ginger. This solution will postpone the date of your menstruation for a few days.
- Some foods that produce excessive heat in the body include pineapple, papaya, carrots, carom seeds, and pomegranate.
There is still no scientific proof that performing extensive exercises will delay your period but many women reported that exercising daily helps.
Even if it does not deliver your expected results, exercising can also make your body stronger and helps your organs function well. However, it is best to not put too much tension on your body as it may cause your muscles to ache.
Performing physical activities for at least thirty minutes a day have lots of benefits to your body.
- Before you start performing heavy exercises, give your body a warm-up. You can start with gentle stretches.
- Once you are ready, you can prolong your workouts. You can start with cardio exercises like cycling, walking, or jogging, or performing yoga.
Exercising can also help reduce bloating, fatigue, and menstrual cramps during menstruation.
One of the best ways to postpone your menstruation is by drinking lemon juice. Lemons are also great sources of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and citric acid. The acidic properties of lemons can help delay your period.
Aside from delaying your period, lemon juice can also aid digestion by increasing the production of bile. It also strengthens your immune system and balances the pH levels in your body.
- Take fresh lemons and squeeze out their juice into a glass.
- Add water and drink the solution. You can get reap more benefits by drinking it on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this three to four times a day before your period.
5. Green Gram Lentils
Mung bean lentils or green gram lentils are beneficial to the body. They are great sources of protein, which can improve bodily functions in many ways. Gram lentils are also effective in delaying your period naturally.
- Roast gram lentils for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Allow it to cool down and grind them to make a powder.
- Use gram lentil powder in making soup. Consuming gram lentil soup can delay your period naturally.
- Simply add one to two tablespoons of lentil powder to a glass of water and boil it.
- Add a bit of salt.
For best results, consume gram lentil soup on an empty stomach. You can also add a bit of lemon juice for additional benefits. Start consuming this soup seven days before your period.
Gelatin is used in many lotions and anti-aging creams. It is also effective in delaying your menstruation. Gelatin has properties that act as an antidote for estrogen, which is the hormone responsible for inducing menstruation. Eating gelatin allows you to counter the estrogen hormone.
- Simply take a sachet or packet of gelatin and pour it into a glass of water.
- Stir it well and drink the mixture. This will help you delay your menstruation.
- You can drink this mixture three times a day.
Gelatin can delay a period for at least four hours. If you are in a rush and you need to postpone your period right away, this can be the best solution to stop the period immediately. However, your body might experience some side effects.
7. Shepherd’s Purse
The shepherd’s purse herb is also excellent in postponing your period. It can also help improve the blood flow during your menstruation. Here’s how to delay your period with a shepherd’s purse.
- Dry shepherd’s purse herb for a day or more.
- Grind the dried herb to make a powder.
- Add this powder into a glass of water and drink it to delay your period.
Consuming shepherd’s herb can also treat menstrual cramps, bleeding disorders or heavy periods, and other health problems. It can treat headaches, kidney disease, bladder infections, diarrhea, low blood pressure, and more.
Like shepherd’s purse, yarrow is also an effective herb in delaying menstruation. It is also used for relieving cramps and other illnesses.
You can use yarrow as a tincture or tea to delay your period. Drink this two times a day to reduce menstrual blood as well as the length of your menstruation. Drinking yarrow tea can also treat skin problems and symptoms of allergies.
9. Parsley Leaves
One of the easiest remedies to delay your period is by eating a handful of parsley leaves. This herb is rich in vitamins A, B12, C, and K. It can also keep your immune system strong, as well as your bones and nervous system. Including parsley in your diet can also eliminate excess body fluids.
- Pick up fresh parsley leaves.
- Put them in water and bring them to a boil.
- You can also add lemon juice and honey for additional benefits.
- Strain and drink this two to three times a day.
10. Drink Plenty of Water
Many people do not drink plenty of water to avoid urinating often when traveling or working. However, not drinking enough water has harmful effects on the body as well as on your menstrual cycle. Start drinking plenty of water to eliminate unwanted toxins from the body. It will also reduce menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding.
Other Remedies to Delay Your Period
You can also try these natural solutions to postpone your menstruation.
- Drink tamarind juice or eat bananas throughout the day.
- Drink fuller’s earth mixed with water.
- Massage your breast 100 times a day.
- Grind raspberry leaves and make a tea. Drink it three to four times a day.