Want to know the best remedies to get rid of pimples fast? First, you should understand the physiology behind it.Pimples are also known as zits, spots, bumps, pustules, papules or acne. It is an inflammation of the skin that occurs when the oil glands (sebaceous glands) get clogged and infected from bacteria or swell up.
The main cause of pimples is the excess sebum secretion by the oil glands.Pimples can occur on the face, forehead, upper back, neck, chest, upper arms and even the shoulders.Pimple or acne is a normal skin condition for many people especially teenagers because the oil glands will produce more oil under the influence of androgens.It is estimated that 80 percent of teenagers will suffer from pimples.
You should treat acne immediately to prevent them from spreading. If left untreated, your skin will be significantly damaged by the acne.This can causes scars which will be hard to eliminate.Luckily, there are a lot of easy ways to get rid of acne.
Some treatments such as Chemical Peeling and laser can give you a immediate result but they also have some side-effects. Many natural methods are also effective in treating pimples, Read on for 14 best natural remedies that can help you get rid of pimples overnight fast.
Common Causes of Pimples
- Oily skin – When you have too much oil on your skin, it will be harder for your skin to heal. The clogged pores may also come in contact with dirt and bacteria. The slower the healing process of your pimples is, the more likely that you are going to get acne.
- Bacteria on your skin – Bacteria is normally situated around the hair follicles. You will know if bacteria is present when the acne prone area becomes inflamed and there are yellow and red lesions available.
- Dead skin cells – They are one of the causes why your skin will be clogged. If you want to remove them effectively, you can use a facial scrub that can get rid of them and prevent scarring.
- Genetics – Take a look at your relatives. Do they also have acne scars? If you answer yes, then this is something that you cannot control.
- Hormonal changes– Such as those related to puberty, oral contraceptives, and pregnancy.
- Foods rich in carbs and dairy products– Such as chocolate, have been proven to more likely trigger acne.
- Medications-Not all medications have the same effects, but some of those that contain corticosteroids, lithium, or androgens can make acne worse.
- Dirty skin: Oils and bacteria on the dirty skin may block the pores and cause acne.
- You do not get any treatment – If you think that acne and acne scars will go away over time without any treatment, then you are increasing the possibility of getting more acne scars in the long run.
Common Signs of Pimples and Acne
- Whiteheads – It is also called closed comedo. These are little and stay under the skin, showing up as a little, substance shaded papules.
- Blackheads –Blackheads are a gentle kind of skin inflammation that for the most part shape on the face.however, they can likewise show up on the accompanying body parts: back, neck, arms, chest, and shoulders.
- Clogged Pores – It is popularly known as open comedo. These are plainly noticeable; they are dark and show up on the surface of the skin. A few individuals erroneously accept they are created by soil, as a result of their shading, and clean their countenances overwhelmingly – this does not help and may disturb the skin and often cause different issues.
- Papules – These are little, strong, adjusted knocks that ascent from the skin. The knocks are frequently pink.
- Pustules – These are pimples loaded with discharge. They are plainly obvious on the surface of the skin. The base is red and its pus is on the top.
- Knobs – These are morphologically similar to papules. But this one is bigger than papules. They can be agonizing and are implanted somewhere down in the skin.
- Cysts – These are unmistakably noticeable on the surface of the skin. They are loaded with pus and are typically agonizing. It normally cause scars.
- Cystic Acne-This is the most severe type of acne,which can result in permanent scarring. So cystic acne may need prescription acne medication treatment.
14 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples(Acne) Overnight Fast
Ice cubes is excellent for treating pimple that has not infected thoroughly.Ice can help cool the skin that can reduce the swelling, redness, and inflammation.It also helps promote the oil organs to push out the dirt, abundance oil, microbes. In addtional, it can help improve the blood circulation and make your skin pores tight.
- First, clean your skin with a mild soap and keep it fresh.
- Wrap an ice in a thin cloth. Remember not to apply ice directly on the skin, otherwise, it may harm the skin.
- Keep the wrapped ice on the top of a pimple for a few seconds.Do not exceed one minute, otherwise, it may harm the surrounding skin.
- Remove the ice cubes, wait for 5 minutes and repeat the above process if necessary.
- You can also add some soothing essential oils such as tea tree oil,rosemary, peppermint,lavender into the ice to reduce the inflammation of the skin.
Note:If you have mild acne you can use cool water to replace ice.You can do this every night before going to bed.
Another way to get rid of acne overnight is to use Honey.It contains preservatives which can prevent the growth of bacteria and pathogenic microorganisms in your pore.
It also has anti-inflammatory qualities that can reduce the redness, swelling, and infections of the skin.In addition, honey is a natural humectant that helps preserves moisture in your skin so you can get rid of the peeling and dryness naturally.
- First, Clean your skin with a mild soap. Remember not to use a scrub or towel because this may cause your skin irritation.
- Dab raw honey directly onto the affected area with a clean, sterile cotton-tipped application.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and massage the skin gently to promote skin absorption.
- Wash the skin with water and repeat the process twice a day.
- Another option is to make a thick paste with honey and cinnamon powder.You can apply this mixture directly to your face and wait for half an hour.Rinse your face.
Note: Make sure use raw honey and avoid processed honey products.Processed honey products may irritate your skin.This may cause your pimples worse.You can find the raw honey at your local food store.
Another effective home remedy acne treatment method is to use fresh lemon juice. It contains vitamin C which can help kill the bacteria or microscopic organisms and reduce the redness caused by acne.In addition, the acid in the lemon can help constrict the skin tissues and push the overabundance oil out of your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild soap and cold water.
- Dry your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and squeeze a fresh lemon into a bowl.Dilute the fresh lemon juice with some water.
- Dab a clean cotton ball soaked in the juice to your affected area.You may feel some stinging or itching.This is normal. However, if you have a sensitive skin this remedy is not suitable for you.
- Leave the juice on your face for 20 minutes to let the acid absorbed by your skin.Rinse your face.
- Another option is to make a mixture of lemon cinnamon powder and juice.Apply it on the top of pimples for one hour. This will help you get rid of acne fast, However, if you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method.
4.Steam For Scar-Free Skin
Steaming is excellent for skin care.It can “open” your pores and flush the oil, bacteria, and dirt out.This help purify your pores and make your skin smooth.
- First, boil some water and bring it into a two-quart pot.Do not use too hot water.The best water temperature for steaming is about 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse your face to make your skin clean.
- Tie your hair back.Slowly close to the steam, but remember not to get too close, 12 inches (30 cm) is an ideal distance.If you get too close to the hot steam, you could harm your skin.
- Steam your affect area over the steam for about five to ten minutes.
- Repeat this process once a week can help your skin hydrated.
- You can also add some essential oils into the steam.You can use lavender, rosemary, or peppermint oil which can make the steam fragrant.
5.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is excellent for treating pimples. It has antifungal and antimicrobial properties that help prevent the microscopic organisms and bacteria that cause acne.
Additionally, the mitigating properties of tea tree oil can help reduce the redness and inflammation of the skin. It also helps dry out the pimples and unblock the sebaceous glands naturally.
- Mix 3-4 drops tea tree essential oil with ½ cup water.Dip a clean cotton swab in the oil and apply it to the affected area.Rinse your face after 20 to 25 minutes.You can do this twice a day for quick results.
- Another choice is to mix a couple of drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Apply it to your pimples, Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse your face.
- Another option is to mix 1 teaspoon coconut oil or almond oil with 2-3 drops tea tree oil.Apply it to the infected area and wait for a few hours.Rinse your face.You can do this twice daily until the pimples go away.
Note: You may feel a little stinging sensation.This is absolutely normal.If you have sensitive skin, you should this method.
Garlic is very helpful in treating pimples and acne. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory,anti-viral and anti-oxidant properties which can help kill the bacteria and reduce the redness, swelling, irritation, and pain. In addition, garlic is rich in vitamins C, minerals, and other phytonutrients which are important for a healthy skin.
- Peel and cut a garlic clove into three pieces.
- Apply the garlic on the pimples and leave it on for a few minutes before washing the skin with cold water.
- Repeat this a few times each day.
- You can also eat one raw garlic clove every day which help promote blood circulation.However, do not overeat as it can agitate the stomach.
Note: If you feel an unbearable burning sensation remove the application immediately.
Baking Soda has numerous uses. It can be used as an antiperspirant, toothpaste and even home remedies for skin peeling.It can exfoliate the skin and remove dirt and abundance oil. Baking Soda also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness, swelling, and irritation of the skin.
- Make a smooth paste by blending two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water.
- Wash your skin thoroughly. Apply the paste to the pimples and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water and pat dry.
- You can do this twice a day for quick results.
- If you feel sting too much take it off immediately.
Note: If you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method because it may result in dryness, redness, and irritation.
Cucumber is rich in potassium(calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus) which help removes dead skin cells,dirt and bacteria.It also contains vitamins(A, C, and E) which can help reduce the skin inflammation.
The antioxidant properties of cucumber can help cool and reduce the redness of the skin.Also, It can help the skin well hydrated because the 90% of cucumber is water.
- Cut cucumbers into pieces and blend to make a paste.
- Wash your skin with a mild soap and water.
- Apply the paste to the affected skin and let the skin absorb for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
Note: You can also make a cucumber face mask with Honey, Tomato Juice, Sandalwood Powder, and Yogurt.
Papaya is a rich source of papain and chymopapain which has antibacterial properties, antifungal properties,anti–inflammatory properties and antiviral properties.It can exfoliate the skin, unclog the pores and remove the excess lipids.
It also contains beta-carotene, vitamin B, and C which help reduce the redness, swelling and help your skin soft and smooth. In addition, papaya can strengthen your immune system to fight the formation of dark spots, pimples, and other blemishes.
- Put raw papaya pieces in a blende.Crush and extract juice.
- Wash face with water and let it dry.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and wait for 20 – 30 minutes before washing off.
- You can do this twice a day to get a quick result.
- You can also make a face mask with Honey, Yogurt or Cream and Papaya.Apply the mask to the clean skin and wait for 15 – 20 minutes then wash it off.
10.Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to treat a pimple fast, you can consider apple cider vinegar.It has an antiseptic and antifungal agent which can help reduce the swelling, irritation, redness, and pain. The acidic property of ACV can help kill many types of bacteria and viruses to prevent infection.
In addition, the ACV can help your skin maintain a balanced skin pH level which makes it hard for microbes to flourish.It also helps produce collagen, remove excess oil and repairs damaged cells.
- Wash your skin with water and use a towel to dry your skin.
- Utilizing a proportion of 1 section vinegar to 3 sections water, dunk a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it correctly to the imperfection.
- Leave it on for nothing less than 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Reapply a few times each day.
Note: Apply skin toner after applying this treatment.
11.Yogurt Face Mask
Yogurt has been used on the skin for excellence advantages since ancient times.It can nourish your skin from outside and inside. Yogurt is rich in multi-nutrients like zinc, vitamin B, calcium and lactic acid which is a natural antibiotic help exfoliate skin and promote collagen production.
In addition, It also helps unclog pores and reduce redness. Eating is the easiest method.This can help improve your overall skin appearance.You can also make simple yogurt masks which can help brighten the skin, reduce redness and moisturizes the skin.
Yogurt Face Mask
- Wash your face and hands with fresh water and wipe dry.
- Apply a plain yogurt to your face with your finger.
- Leave it on the face for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.You can apply this mixture twice a day.
Honey Yogurt Face Mask
- First, Clean your face and hands.
- Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt with 1 teaspoon raw honey in a bowl.
- Apply it to your face and wait for 15 minutes before rinsing with water.
Oatmeal Yogurt Face Mask
- Cleanse your face with a mild soap and water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt with 1 teaspoon colloidal oatmeal in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your face and wait for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
Note: Make sure to use plain, unsweetened and unflavored yogurt in your face mask, otherwise, it may cause the redness and irritation of the skin.
Aspirin is another effective method to keep your skin soft and bright.It contains acetylsalicylic acid that is an excellent skin exfoliator.It can also help reduce pore size and inflammation.
- Dissolve 5 or 6 aspirin tablets in a few drops of water.
- For a better effect, you can add some honey or egg whites to it.
- Gently rub the mixture on your face and wait for 15 minutes.
- wipe it off with fresh water
Note: Make sure do not touch your eyes when you use Aspirin.
13.Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is very useful home remedy for your skin care.It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help prevent bacteria, reduce inflammation, reduce the redness and accelerates the healing process of pimples wound.It also helps removes dirt, dead skin cells and excess oil in the pores.The salicylic acid in Aloe Vera Gel can help balance the pH of the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel with 1-2 teaspoons rose water in a bowl.
- You can also add raw honey, Lemon, Turmeric or Tea Tree Oil to the aloe vera gel.
- Apply this to the affected area for 15 minutes.Wash it off with clean water.
- Repeat this twice a week until the acne heals.
Olive oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help kill bacteria, reduce swelling and inflammation of the skin.It also contains a lot of nutrients and essential fatty acids which help remove dead skin cells, dirt and other toxins in the clog pores.
The Vitamin D, E, and K in the oil can help heal damaged skin and strengthen your immune system to prevent pimples effectively.
- Rinse your face and hands with plain water
- You can apply the olive oil directly to the pimples.You can also add Sea Salt Scrub, Baking Soda, Garlic, Honey, Tea Tree Oil or Lavender Oil into the oil.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and massage gently.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and wash off.
- Repeat the process 3 times weekly.
- You can do this 2 times in a day.
Other Solutions to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight Fast
If you choose these methods.Make sure continue to observe the effect carefully.If there is not any improvement after seven days,you’d better stop and see your doctor immediately.
Another quick way to get rid of acne is the use of Hydrocortisone cream which can help reduce redness and inflammation of the skin.It also help dry out pimples and get rid of itching.
- Rinse your face with a mild soap and lukewarm water.Make sure do not scrub your inflammation skin,otherwise,this will increase irritation and make the acne worse.
- Gently exfoliate your skin to remove excess skin cells.You can do this 2-3 times per week.Avoid too frequently stimulating your skin.
- Apply a bit of hydrocortisone cream directly to the inflamed pimples and cysts up to twice daily.
Benzoyl peroxide is an over the counter acne medicine which is used frequently for various mild acne treatment such as whiteheads and blackheads.The oxygen released by benzoyl peroxide will kills the germs,open the clogged pores and reduce inflammation of your skin.
- Wash your affect area with mild soap and clean water.
- Applying the gel, cream, or lotion on your face.Wait for 10-15 minutes and pat your face dry.
Note:There are some side effects of using this method such as dry skin,skin peel,a tingling or warm sensation.You should notice your doctor if you have any swelling, redness and burning feeling.
Salicylic acid is the most common ingredients of the acne treatment products.It has excellent properties which can help unclog the skin pores and prevent the bacteria on the skin.
- Apply a bit of Salicylic on the affected area with a wipe.Wait for 5-10 minutes and wash off.
- You can also try a facial soap that contains salicylic acid.
How to Get Rid of Acne With Diet and Lifestyle Change
Drink More Water
Drinking water can hydrate your skin because it can take out a lot of toxin from your body. In addition, it can supplement the water consumed by sweat evaporation and digestion. Your skin will noticeably become smoother, less dry and more elastic. Not less than eight glasses of water a day will make your skin look more beautiful.
Exercise will reduce your stress which may lead to skin problems. Physical exercise also helps the skin by improving the blood circulation, delivering more oxygen to the skin cells and getting rid of the dead cells in the body.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
A study published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology has shown that smoking can cause the cells dry and can cause inflammation, acne and scarring.Alcohol will change your hormone levels which may result in pimples or acne.
Change Your Diet
High-glycemic foods will distribute rapidly in the body, setting off an insulin spike and raising glucose levels. They trigger hormonal vacillations and aggravation which will result in skin inflammation. Choose low glycemic-list foods such as vegetables, entire grains and organic products.
You can also increase the consumption of fish, grass-nourished meat, and pen free chickens. You can eat foods rich in omega-3s and zinc-rich such as wild-got salmon, yogurt, sheep and pumpkin seeds.
Cleanse and Exfoliate Gently
Proper skin care regimen is the best way to get rid of acne.Rather than a scrub utilize lotion which contains smaller scale exfoliates which won’t chafe touchy skin. The moisturizer is especially useful for those with skin break out inclined skin as it contains LHA’s which also work to salicylic corrosive by shedding and expelling microscopic organisms from pores.
Get Enough Sleep
Long-term lack of sleep can make your acne worse.This is because, when you sleep late, your skin will secrete more sebum which can result in new acne. At the same time, lack of sleep can increase insulin resistance,which can increase blood sugar, this is one of the main causes of acne. Finally, lack of sleep can also increase your stress, resulting in increased cortisol in the body, which is also an important cause of acne.
You can change the room temperature to about 65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it easier for you to fall asleep. In addition, go to bed on time every day, make foot bath with warm water, which can effectively help you to sleep.
Gently exfoliate your skin once a week can help get rid of the dead skin and unclog your pores. But never over exfoliate your skin, because it will make your problem worse.
- Apply a bit of your exfoliant to the affected skin with a cotton.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and wash off with a mild soap and lukewater.
How to Prevent Acne With These Tips
Wash Your Face Twice Daily With Mild Cleanser
You should wash face twice daily with mild facial cleanser.This can help keep oil production low, remove impurities and extra oil from your face.You’d better avoid hot water,harsh soap and washing too much.These behavior may cause more damage to your inflamed skin.Make sure use your hands or a clean soft cloth to scrub your skin gently.
Choose Acne-Friendly Makeup
Makeup can make you look more beautiful However,these products could clog your skin pores and cause pimples appear.You should choose oil-free, sheer, and fragrance-free cosmetics.
Avoid those products that contain chemicals ingredients like mineral oils and cocoa butter.You can find some products with a “non-comedogenic” label meaning it will not cause acne.Make sure read the product label first.
Don’t Squeezing or Pricking Pimples
Squeezing or pricking pimples is often tried by many people. However,This is extremely dangerous and could be counterproductive. It will irritate the skin and could lead to infections and formation of additional pimples.
Change Your Face Towel Regularly
Face towels ingest oil and normal microscopic organisms from our bodies and warm, clammy conditions mean this microorganisms flourishes. Sharing towels can spread microorganisms and infections. So change your towel regularly.
Apply a Moisturizer
Moisturizing is very important for your skin care.If your skin does not get enough moisture,oil glands will produce more oil or sebum to reduce dryness.This will increase the chances of pimples.So you should moisturize your skin after each face wash with fragrance-free,non-comedogenic and gel-based moisturizers.You can find them with “noncomedogenic” on the label.
Avoid Frequent Sun Exposure
You should avoid frequent sun exposure.The ultraviolet rays of the sun may cause the redness,inflammation and hyperpigmentation of your skin.You should wear noncomedogenic and oil-free sunscreen to help prevent skin cancer.
Try to Avoid Stress
According to a research from American Academy of Dermatology,Stress can induce your body produce more oil-stimulating hormones and sebum than usual.So you should try to reduce stress.You can try yoga to help youself relax.
Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking water wouldn’t dispose of skin inflammation scars alone, yet remaining hydrated is fundamental for sound skin and will accelerate the skin’s common revival process. Attempt to drink 1– 2 liters of water a day and eat heaps of vegetables and fruits.You should try green drinks and avoid the sodas.
Change Your Pillowcases
Changing your pillow cover is a demonstrated technique for avoiding acne. The sweat, dirt, and cosmetics on your face is saturating your cushion each night. Especially on the off chance that you don’t rinse your face before going to bed, essentially you are resting in the majority of the soil, oil, and flotsam that gathered all over throughout the day.
Toothpaste is meant for teeth and not skin so it may irritate the skin and cause redness, irritating, peeling and burning.So if you have sensitive skin you’d better skip this method.
Keep Your Hands Off Your Face
Your hands are the sources of dirt. So if you want to get rid of acne fast, then you have to keep your hands off your face.
Don’t Irritate Your Acne with Toothpaste or Rubbing Alcohol
Toothpaste or even rubbing alcohol can burn your skin. That’s why you need to be careful before using it.