Want to quickly get rid of pimples? These blemishes or marks may make you feel uncomfortable and lack self-confidence. If left untreated, your skin will be significantly damaged by the acne. This can cause ugly scars which will be hard to eliminate.
Although some remedies including chemical peeling and laser can give you an immediate result, they also have side-effects such as skin irritation and dryness. At the same time, there are so many natural remedies you can find on Google, but most of the methods have not been proven to help. This article provides 16 natural remedies that you can try to get rid of pimples fast.
What are Pimples?
Pimples are also known as zits, spots, bumps, pustules, papules or acne. It is an inflammation of the skin that occurs when the oil glands (sebaceous glands) get clogged and infected from bacteria or swell up.
Pimples can occur on the face, forehead, upper back, neck, chest, upper arms and even the shoulders. It is a normal skin condition for many people especially teenagers because the oil glands will produce more oil under the influence of androgens. According to a survey found 80 percent of teenagers will suffer from pimples.
Types and Symptoms of Pimples
Understanding the type of acne and the symptoms can help you quickly determine the severity of acne. The common types of acne include:
Blackheads are small black dots or bumps on the skin due to clogged pores. Because of their dark color, these bumps are called blackheads.
Our follicle contains hair and sebaceous gland which help produces sebum. When the sebum, oil, bacteria and dead skin cells accumulate in the opening of hair follicles, a bump called a comedo will appear.
Blackheads form when the comedones are open and leave the skin over the bump exposure to the air. The melanin produced by oil glands will oxidize and darkens the bumps.
Blackheads usually form on the face, but they can also occur on the back, neck, arms, chest, and shoulders. The color of these bumps may also be yellow, gray or brown. Blackheads are a type of mild acne because they are usually painless and do not inflame like pimples.
Whiteheads, also called closed comedo, are usually white or yellowish small round bumps on the skin. Compared to blackheads, whiteheads form when the skin over the bump is closed. This will cause a clogged pore and a buildup of pus.
The size of whiteheads is usually 1 to 3 millimeters across. They are firm and cannot be extracted by squeezing. You may notice these bumps on the face or any other area on the body. Whiteheads are also mild acne and usually do not cause swelling, pain, or redness.
Papules, also called skin lesions, are usually small red and sore spots that are less than 1 centimeter around. These spots can also be pink, brown, purple in color.
Papules may have a variety of shapes with distinct borders. You may notice a dome shape with no visible fluid. Sometimes, papules will cluster together and form a papular rash.
When the blocked pores become inflamed and infected, the pores will grow in size and go deeper into the skin. This will lead to papules form under the skin’s surface.
Papules are moderately severe acne, as they are usually hard to the touch. However, In most cases, papules can be relieved with home treatments. Try to avoid scratching and squeezing the papules, as this may lead to infection, crusty and even scars. If the papules persist for a long time,you should consult your doctor immediately.
Pustules look like pimples, but they are usually quite big. You may notice white bumps surrounded by red skin that contain fluid or pus. They may be painful to the touch accompanied by redness and inflammation.
Pustules most commonly form on the chest, back, neck and face. You may also find them on the shoulders, underarms or hairline.
Pustules can be caused by many factors. Acne is the most common cause of pustules, which can cause clogged pores. These pores will be infected and cause skin plaque to bulge, resulting in pus-containing pustules.
In addition, the hormonal changes in the teenagers can cause hormonal imbalances in the body and lead to Pustules. Also, allergic reactions or poisonous insect bites can cause skin irritation and lead to Pustules.
Nodules are usually solid, raised lumps or fluid under the skin. Their diameter is greater than 0.5 cm. Unlike soft cysts, nodules are hard to the touch. They commonly form on the neck, face, and groin.
Sometimes, they can also occur on other internal organs such as rheumatoid nodules, vocal fold nodules, and thyroid nodules. These nodules are painless and benign. However, they may also affect the functioning of the organ. You should consult your doctor as soon as possible.
6. Cysts or Cystic Acne
Sometimes, the Pustules may become a cyst when they become hard and painful. Cysts are noticeable on the surface of the skin. They are loaded with pus and normally cause scars. This condition is also known as cystic acne.
Cystic acne is the most severe type of acne, which can result in permanent scarring. You should see your doctor for a medical treatment immediately.
Common Causes of Pimples
Understanding the causes of acne can effectively help you choose the right treatments. Common causes of pimples include:
1. Clogged Pores
This is the most commonly causes of acne lesions. Pimples usually occur when the hair pores are clogged by dirt, oil, bacteria, too much sebum and dead skin cells.
Genetic factors are important causes of acne. Your genetic may determine the sensitivity, oiliness, dryness, and resistance to bacteria. Those whose parents have pimples are more likely to suffer from acne.
3. Hormonal Fluctuations
Hormonal fluctuations in adolescents can cause more sebum production and prevent the expulsion of dirt and dead skin cells, leading to acne. In addition, women during pregnancy or the menstrual cycle may also suffer acne due to hormonal fluctuations.
In 2003, Stanford University published a study to analyze whether stress actually causes acne. Studies have shown that students are more likely to have acne during the exam.
According to Lisa A. Garner, an expert in dermatology at the University of Texas. Stress may stimulate the body to produce more sebum.This may block the hair follicles and cause acne. You should try to relax or change lifestyles to reduce the stress levels.
Does smoking cause acne? There’s still not a definitive answer now. Many studies have achieved completely opposite results. So this question may require more medical research. However, whether or not smoking causes acne, it is harmful to your health. You should try to avoid smoking.
6.Too much alcohol
Excessive alcohol consumption may disturb the balance of the hormone levels in your body. In addition, alcohol can damage your liver and reduce the ability to clean up toxins. This may weaken your immune system and cause bacterial invasion, lead to acne.
7. Bad Hygienic Habits
Some bad habits, such as not washing your face frequently, using cosmetic that contains chemicals, or sleeping without removing makeup, can easily cause clogged pores and lead to acne. You should try to avoid these bad hygienic habits to prevent acne.
Certain drugs contain corticosteroids,anticonvulsants, lithium, DHEA, barbiturates, androgens or some medications that contain iodides or bromides may cause pimples or acne on the skin. You should read the instructions carefully or taking the medicine under the guidance of a doctor.
9. Foods Rich in Carbs and Dairy Products
Certain foods have been proven to more likely trigger acne. Dairy products such as milk contain a hormone that can cause more sebum production and lead to pimples.
The foods rich in sugar can increase your blood sugar and insulin levels. This will increase sebum production and worsen the existing acne. In addition, Carbohydrates such as whole grains can also cause high sugar and more insulin. You should try to avoid these foods in your diet.
16 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples Fast
Do not try multiple methods at the same time. Stick to one treatment that suits you for a while and you will see the difference.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a popular treatment for various skin conditions such as cuts, burns, rashes, and psoriasis. It can produce aloe vera gels that have antibacterial and antifungal properties. This can help fight bacteria, reduces inflammation, redness and accelerates the healing process of the pimples wound. [2, 3].
In addition, aloe contains salicylic acid, cinnamic acid, urea nitrogen, phenols, and sulfur. These ingredients can help remove dirt, dead skin cells and excess oil from the pores. Salicylic acid can also help balance the pH of the skin and moisturize your skin. .
According to one study, adding aloe vera gel to clove-base oil lotion or tretinoin cream can effectively enhance the anti-acne effects of them.  If you want to get better results, you can try to combine the aloe vera gel with other remedies or drugs.
How to use:
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from aloe leaves with a spoon.
- You can also purchase some bottled aloe vera gel instead, but make sure that it is pure and without added ingredients.
- Apply the gel to the pimples for at least 30 minutes before washing it off.
- You can also add raw honey, lemon, turmeric or tea tree oil to enhance the effects.
- Repeat this process twice a day until the acne disappear.
2. Topical 5% Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural essential oil extracted from the tree Melaleuca alternifolia. This oil has been used to treat various skin diseases include pimples for hundreds of years. Tea tree oil has antifungal and antimicrobial properties that help reduce skin inflammation and prevent bacteria that can cause pimples. [6, 7]
Topical 5% tea tree oil can be used to get rid of mild to moderate acne vulgaris effectively. According to a study comparing tea tree oil gel with placebo, tea tree oil was four times more effective in reducing acne lesions and six times more effective in reducing acne severity than a placebo.
According to a study from the Australasian College of Dermatologists, tea tree oil can effectively improve mild to moderate acne and it is very well tolerated.
Another study report that 5% tea tree oil gel is as effective as 5% benzoyl peroxide at reducing pimples. In addition, it has fewer side effects such as redness, irritation, drying, burning and peeling. .
Remember that tea tree oil is strong, you should avoid applying it directly to the skin. Diluting with water or a carrier oil can help prevent redness and irritation.
How to use:
- Mix 3-4 drops tea tree essential oil with ½ cup water. Dip a clean cotton swab in the oil and apply it to the affected area. Rinse your face after 20 to 25 minutes. You can do this twice a day for quick results.
- Another choice is to mix a couple of drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Apply it to your pimples, Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse your face.
- Another option is to mix 1 teaspoon coconut oil or almond oil with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil. Apply it to the infected area and wait for a few hours. Rinse your face. You can do this twice daily until the pimples go away.
Note: You may feel a little stinging sensation. This is absolutely normal. If you have sensitive skin, you should this method.
Another way to get rid of acne overnight is to use Honey. It contains preservatives which can prevent the growth of bacteria and pathogenic microorganisms in your pore. .
A new study found that Honey has anti-inflammatory qualities that can reduce the redness, swelling, and infections of the skin. In addition, honey is a natural humectant that helps preserves moisture in your skin so you can get rid of the peeling and dryness naturally. .
How to use:
- First, Clean your skin with a mild soap. Remember not to use a scrub or towel because this may cause your skin irritation.
- Dab raw honey directly onto the affected area with a clean, sterile cotton-tipped application.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and massage the skin gently to promote skin absorption.
- Wash the skin with water and repeat the process twice a day.
- Another option is to make a thick paste of honey and cinnamon powder. You can apply this mixture directly to your face and wait for half an hour. Rinse your face.
Note: Make sure to use raw honey and avoid processed honey products. Processed honey products may irritate your skin. This may cause your pimples worse. You can find the raw honey at your local food store.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to treat a pimple fast, you can consider apple cider vinegar. It has an antiseptic and antifungal agent which can help reduce the swelling, irritation, redness, and pain.
Studies show that the acidic property of ACV can help kill many types of bacteria and viruses to prevent infection.
In addition, the ACV can help your skin maintain a balanced skin pH level which makes it hard for microbes to flourish. It also helps produce collagen, remove excess oil and repairs damaged cells.
How to use:
- Wash your skin with water and use a towel to dry your skin.
- Utilizing a proportion of 1 section vinegar to 3 sections water, dunk a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it correctly to the imperfection.
- Leave it on for nothing less than 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Reapply a few times each day.
Note: Apply skin toner after applying this treatment.
5. Essential Oils
In recent years, more and more scientific research shows that using essential oils can effectively treat acne. These essential oils have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help remove your pimples fast and naturally.
The essential oils such as rose, peppermint, rosemary, lavender, cinnamon, clove can help prevent bacteria and reduce skin infection.
According to a study in 2013, rosemary oil and lavender oil are strong inhibitors of bacteria growth. They can effectively fight P. acnes which are commonly found in acne. 
According to a study about the effectiveness of a gel containing orange and sweet basil essential oils, this can increase the healing rate of pimples by 75%.
Another study found that peppermint, cinnamon, lavender essential oil can help remove several strains of bacteria that can cause acne. 
In addition, these oils contain a lot of nutrients and essential fatty acids which help remove dead skin cells, dirt and other toxins in the clog pores. The Vitamin D, E, and K in the oil can also help heal damaged skin and strengthen your immune system to prevent pimples effectively.
How to use:
- Dilute the essential oil with water or a carrier oil.
- Apply the oil directly to the pimples with a cotton swab.
- Massage gently and leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water and apply moisturizer.
- You can do this 1- 2 times per day.
Note: Make sure to dilution the essential oil with water or a carrier oil.Because these essential oils are very strong and may lead to irritation.
6. Green Tea
Green tea is so popular because we know it is good for your hair, skin and weight loss. But not a lot of us know it can also be helpful for the acne treatment.
Green tea has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The catechins，flavonoids and tannins in green tea can effectively eliminate the bacteria caused by acne and reduce redness and inflammation. 
Also, it can neutralize damage-causing free radicals, promote new skin cell generation, and effectively heal the scars left by acne.
In addition, green tea is also an efficient toner that can attract dust and grease in the clogged pores to soothe your skin.
How to use:
- Brew some green tea and allow the tea to cool.
- Rinse your face and pat dry with a towel.
- Pour the tea into a spray bottle and spritz the green tea onto your face.
- You can also apply it to your face with a cotton ball.
- Wait for 20-30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat this process 1–2 times per day to significantly reduce pimples.
7. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a liquid astringent made from the leaves and bark of the witch hazel shrub native to North America.
The witch hazel extract is an important ingredient in many beauty and wellness products because of its strong antioxidant and astringent properties. It can help kill harmful bacteria that cause acne, reduce skin inflammation, and accelerates scar healing. 
Witch Hazel has soothing properties that can help remove various skin problems such as allergies, bruises, eczema, poison ivy, psoriasis, and insect bites.
Witch hazel contains tannins and polyphenols. Tannins can help remove excess oil from the skin and reduce inflammation and redness. Polyphenols are natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants that can help remove free radicals and delay skin aging.
In addition, it can balance the pH of the skin and prevent the development of whiteheads and blackheads.
Witch hazel is generally sold as a liquid astringent and is used only for external use on the body. Because it contains tannins which are not recommended for internal use.
How to use:
- Purchase a bottle of witch hazel and cotton swab.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in witch hazel and scrub your face gently.
- Make sure to avoid your nostrils, hairline, and eyes.
- Clean your face until you do not have a lot of dirt on your cotton.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times per day.
Is there a relationship between diet and acne? Several new studies show that although diet doesn’t directly cause acne, certain foods especially carbohydrates and dairy products may worsen the existing conditions. 
8.Yogurt Face Mask
Yogurt has been used on the skin for excellence advantages since ancient times. It can nourish your skin from outside and inside. Yogurt is rich in multi-nutrients like zinc, vitamin B, calcium and lactic acid which is a natural antibiotic help exfoliate skin and promote collagen production.
In addition, It also helps unclog pores and reduce redness. Eating is the easiest method. This can help improve your overall skin appearance. You can also make simple yogurt masks which can help brighten the skin, reduce redness and moisturizes the skin.
Yogurt Face Mask
- Wash your face and hands with fresh water and wipe dry.
- Apply a plain yogurt to your face with your finger.
- Leave it on the face for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly. You can apply this mixture twice a day.
Honey Yogurt Face Mask
- First, Clean your face and hands.
- Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt with 1 teaspoon raw honey in a bowl.
- Apply it to your face and wait for 15 minutes before rinsing with water.
Oatmeal Yogurt Face Mask
- Cleanse your face with a mild soap and water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt with 1 teaspoon colloidal oatmeal in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your face and wait for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
Note: Make sure to use plain, unsweetened and unflavored yogurt in your face mask, otherwise, it may cause the redness and irritation.
9. Ice Cubes
Ice cubes are excellent for treating a pimple that has not infected thoroughly. This remedy can help cool the skin that can reduce the swelling, redness, and inflammation.
It also helps promote the oil organs to push out the dirt, abundance oil, microbes. In addition, ice can help improve the blood circulation and make your skin pores tight.
- First, clean your skin with a mild soap and keep it fresh.
- Wrap an ice in a thin cloth. Remember not to apply ice directly to the skin, otherwise, it may harm the skin.
- Keep the wrapped ice on the top of a pimple for a few seconds. Do not exceed one minute, otherwise, it may harm the surrounding skin.
- Remove the ice cubes, wait for 5 minutes and repeat the above process if necessary.
- You can also add some soothing essential oils such as tea tree oil, rosemary, peppermint, lavender into the ice to reduce the inflammation of the skin.
Note: If you have mild acne you can use cool water to replace ice. You can do this every night before going to bed.
10. Lemon Juice
Another effective home remedy acne treatment method is to use fresh lemon juice.
According to a study, lemon juice contains vitamin C that can help kill the bacteria or microscopic organisms and reduce the redness caused by acne. 
In addition, the acid in the lemon can help constrict the skin tissues and push the overabundance oil out of your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild soap and cold water.
- Dry your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and squeeze a fresh lemon into a bowl. Dilute the fresh lemon juice with some water.
- Dab a clean cotton ball soaked in the juice to your affected area. You may feel some stinging or itching. This is normal. However, if you have a sensitive skin this remedy is not suitable for you.
- Leave the juice on your face for 20 minutes to let the acid absorbed by your skin. Rinse your face.
- Another option is to make a mixture of lemon cinnamon powder and juice. Apply it on the top of pimples for one hour. This will help you get rid of acne fast, However, if you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method.
11. Steam For Scar-Free Skin
Steaming is excellent for skin care. It can “open” your pores and flush the oil, bacteria, and dirt out. This help purify your pores and make your skin smooth.
- First, boil some water and bring it into a two-quart pot. Do not use too hot water. The best water temperature for steaming is about 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse your face to make your skin clean.
- Tie your hair back. Slowly close to the steam, but remember not to get too close, 12 inches (30 cm) is an ideal distance. If you get too close to the hot steam, you could harm your skin.
- Steam your affect area over the steam for about five to ten minutes.
- Repeat this process once a week can help your skin hydrated.
- You can also add some essential oils to the steam. You can use lavender, rosemary, or peppermint oil which can make the steam fragrant.
12. Garlic Cloves
Garlic is very helpful in treating pimples and acne. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory,anti-viral and anti-oxidant properties which can help kill the bacteria and reduce the redness, swelling, irritation, and pain.
In addition, garlic is rich in vitamins C, minerals, and other phytonutrients which are important for a healthy skin.
- Peel and cut a garlic clove into three pieces.
- Apply the garlic on the pimples and leave it on for a few minutes before washing the skin with cold water.
- Repeat this a few times each day.
- You can also eat one raw garlic clove every day which help promote blood circulation. However, do not overeat as it can agitate the stomach.
Note: If you feel an unbearable burning sensation remove the application immediately.
13. Baking Soda
Baking Soda has numerous uses. It can be used as an antiperspirant, toothpaste and even home remedies for skin peeling. It can exfoliate the skin and remove dirt and abundance oil. Baking Soda also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness, swelling, and irritation of the skin.
- Make a smooth paste by blending two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water.
- Wash your skin thoroughly. Apply the paste to the pimples and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water and pat dry.
- You can do this twice a day for quick results.
- If you feel stung too much take it off immediately.
Note: If you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method because it may result in dryness, redness, and irritation.
Cucumber is rich in potassium(calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus) which help removes dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria. It also contains vitamins(A, C, and E) which can help reduce the skin inflammation.
The antioxidant properties of cucumber can help cool and reduce the redness of the skin. Also, It can help the skin well hydrated because the 90% of cucumber is water.
- Cut cucumbers into pieces and blend to make a paste.
- Wash your skin with a mild soap and water.
- Apply the paste to the affected skin and let the skin absorb for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
Note: You can also make a cucumber face mask with Honey, Tomato Juice, Sandalwood Powder, and Yogurt.
Papaya is a rich source of papain and chymopapain which has antibacterial properties, antifungal properties,anti–inflammatory properties and antiviral properties. It can exfoliate the skin, unclog the pores and remove the excess lipids.
It also contains beta-carotene, vitamin B, and C which help reduce the redness, swelling and help your skin soft and smooth. In addition, papaya can strengthen your immune system to fight the formation of dark spots, pimples, and other blemishes.
- Put raw papaya pieces in a blende. Crush and extract juice.
- Wash face with water and let it dry.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and wait for 20 – 30 minutes before washing off.
- You can do this twice a day to get a quick result.
Note: You can also make a face mask with Honey, Yogurt or Cream and Papaya. Apply the mask to the clean skin and wait for 15 – 20 minutes then wash it off.
Aspirin is another effective method to keep your skin soft and bright. It contains acetylsalicylic acid that is an excellent skin exfoliator. It can also help reduce pore size and inflammation.
- Dissolve 5 or 6 aspirin tablets in a few drops of water.
- For a better effect, you can add some honey or egg whites to it.
- Gently rub the mixture on your face and wait for 15 minutes.
- wipe it off with fresh water
Note: Make sure do not touch your eyes when you use Aspirin.
How to Get Rid of Pimples With Lifestyle Change
1. Drink More Water
Drinking water can hydrate your skin because it can take out a lot of the toxin from your body. In addition, it can supplement the water consumed by sweat evaporation and digestion. Not less than eight glasses of water a day will make your skin smooth, moist and elastic.
Exercise may be the easiest method to keep your fitness. It can not only help you reduce skin irritations but also relieve your stress which may lead to skin problems. In addition, physical exercise also helps improve the blood circulation and deliver more oxygen to the skin cells.
3. Cleanse and Exfoliate Gently
Proper skin care regimen is the best way to get rid of acne. Rather than a scrub utilize lotion which contains smaller scale exfoliates which won’t chafe touchy skin.
The moisturizer is especially useful for those with skin break out inclined skin as it contains LHA’s which also work to salicylic corrosive by shedding and expelling microscopic organisms from pores.
Gently exfoliate your skin once a week can help get rid of the dead skin and unclog your pores. But never over exfoliate your skin, because it will make your problem worse.
- Apply a bit of your exfoliant to the affected skin with a cotton.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and wash off with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
4. Get Enough Sleep
Long-term lack of sleep can make your acne worse. This is because, when you sleep late, your skin will secrete more sebum which can result in new acne.
At the same time, lack of sleep can increase insulin resistance, which can increase blood sugar, this is one of the main causes of acne. Finally, lack of sleep can also increase your stress, resulting in increased cortisol in the body, which is also an important cause of acne.
You can change the room temperature to about 65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it easier for you to fall asleep. In addition, go to bed on time every day, make foot bath with warm water, which can effectively help you to sleep.
5. Get Rid of Pimples With Diet
There are some foods can cause skin inflammation or acne you should avoid. These foods include:
1. Carbohydrate and Sugars
Refined carbohydrates will break down into sugars in the body, causing a spike in blood sugar and insulin levels. This will help blood sugars into cells and increase sebum production, which can lead to clogged pores and oily skin.
According to a new study, regular consumption of added sugar will increase the risk of developing acne by 30%. Regular consumption of cakes will increase the risk of developing acne by 20%.
In addition, research shows that sugar may also worsen existing acne and cause inflammation of the skin.
Foods rich in carbohydrates include bread, cereal, crackers, white rice, noodles and sugar-sweetened beverages.
2. Dairy Products
According to a new study, drinking milk or ice cream regularly can increase the likelihood of suffering from acne by four times. 
Dairy products, especially milk contain amino acids which can stimulate the liver to produce the hormone IGF-1 and increase insulin levels. In addition, the androgen precursors in the milk can be converted into testosterone in the body.
These factors may lead to the formation of acne or worsen the severity of acne.
However, although milk can make acne worse, it is not clear whether dairy products play a direct role. This requires more research to determine.
3. Fast or Processed Foods
Fast food or processed foods can also increase the risk of developing acne. 
Fast food easily breaks down and becomes sugar in the body. In addition, preservatives and additives in the processed foods can cause hormonal fluctuations and lead to acne.
According to the latest study, regularly eating fast food will increase the risk of acne by 17%, and regularly eating a high-fat diet will increase the risk of acne by 43%. Frequent eating of hamburgers or sausages increases the risk of developing acne by 24%.[25,26].
Common acne-prone fast food include hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, breakfast cereals, sodas, milkshakes and white bread.
4. Omega-6 Fats
Studies have found that foods rich in omega-6 fats such as corn and soybean oil can activate the immune system’s response, lead to inflammation and worsen the acne. 
On the contrary, eating foods containing omega-3 fats such as salmon, sardines, fruits and walnuts will eliminate inflammation and reduce the severity of acne. . In addition, many fish contain carotenoids, which are natural antioxidants that have great benefits for your skin.
Can chocolate cause acne? Although chocolate has always been a suspected acne trigger, there has not been enough evidence so far to prove that chocolate can cause acne.
Although some studies have found that daily taking dark chocolate or cocoa capsules, the number of acne lesions increased significantly after two weeks. .Moreover, studies have found that chocolate increases the responsiveness of the immune system to bacteria that cause acne. .
However, it is unclear whether chocolate really causes acne. This requires more research to confirm.
What Should You Eat to Getting Rid of Acne
Some foods can help you remove infections and get rid of acne. These foods include:
Green Tea: The polyphenols in green tea have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the severity of acne. In addition, it can lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Turmeric: Turmeric contains polyphenol curcumin and vitamins C which has anti-inflammatory properties and can effectively regulate blood sugar and reduce the redness, swelling, irritation, pain. In addition, it can inhibit the growth of bacteria caused by acne and reduce the incidence of acne.
Foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 can reduce inflammation and the risk of acne. These foods include seafood, walnuts, mackerel, sardines, anchovies, Chia seeds, and nuts.
Vitamins and Zinc: Vitamins are very important for skin health, especially zinc. Studies have shown that daily taking 30-45 mg of elemental zinc can significantly reduce inflammation and acne. However, zinc intake should not exceed 40 mg a day, otherwise, it will cause side effects such as stomach pain and intestinal irritation.
Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables provide essential minerals and vitamins such as A, D, E, which can help reduce inflammation and improve skin health. It will also help increase your immunity and prevent acne.
Brewer’s yeast: The brewer’s yeast contains a large number of B vitamins, and it also has antibacterial properties. Studies have found that people taking yeast preparations have significantly improved acne.
Probiotics: Probiotics promote the balance of the microbiota in the intestine and reduce acne.
In addition, you can also eat lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, beans, fish and olive oil. These foods contain low dairy and saturated fat content. This can significantly reduce the incidence of acne.