A lot of people are not aware that their liver is not working that well anymore. Compared to people who lived a few decades ago, the liver of most people probably your liver is not as well as it should. Blame this on the different food products that we are eating right now. From processed foods to food that contain just too much fat and cholesterol, the liver is finding it hard to process them all. Aside from the food products that we eat, we are also constantly exposed to stressful situations that can challenge us greatly from time to time. Add the fact that there are various pollutants right now. It can make the state of the liver bad.
It is a good thing that there are some food products that we can eat that can change this at the soonest possible time. These food products can help the liver get back on track and do what it always does which is to clean the toxins that can be found in the body.
16 Best Foods that Will Cleanse Your Liver Naturally
Green tea is known to be an antioxidant and it contains catechins that are known to improve the function of the liver quite well. Aside from the fact that it can help the liver, it also has a lot of other benefits for the body.
- Prepare a cup of hot water.
- Place the green tea bag or green tea powder.
- Mix a bit of honey to taste.
Avocado is sometimes avoided by people because they are aware that it contains fat. While it does contain fat, it is actually good for the body and can help get rid of the bad fat. It also contains glutathione which will help the liver get rid of the toxins that can be found in the body.
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Scoop out the green meat of the avocado and eat it raw.
- You may also choose to put a bit of honey to make it taste better.
- You may also place it on salads, sandwiches and the like to get its many benefits.
You are probably not aware that beets can be very helpful in getting rid of toxins inside the body. It is full of anti oxidants. The anti oxidants will help lead the toxins outside the body and this can help save the liver a great deal.
- Slice beets and include it in your food.
- You may choose to eat it cooked to make it taste better.
The main reason why tomatoes are red is because tomatoes contain a large amount of Lycopene. This is well known to be anti oxidant that can help get rid of free radicals and other toxins that might cause harm to the body in the long run.
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly.
- Slice the tomatoes and include them in your meals. They can be placed in salads, tacos and the like.
- Blend the tomatoes together with a bit of honey to make tomato juice.
Apples are naturally well liked by a lot of people because of its sweet taste. Aside from that, apples usually have high pectin content which means that it will be easier for the toxins to be released from the body.
- Eat apples alone or it can also be mixed with oatmeal and cereal.
- Place with salads.
While olive oil is still a type of oil, this can have a lot of good benefits especially if it is used in moderation. What it does is it sucks out all of the toxins from the body and this will make it easier for the liver to cleanse the body from harmful toxins.
- Olive oil is sometimes used for cooking.
- Olive oil can also be used as a garnish to some food products.
- It can also be used to complement a side dish.
7.Broccoli and Cauliflower
These two vegetables are well known to be of the same family because of how they look like. They also have a lot of benefits because they both contain glucosinolate which can help produce the enzymes in the body that will help get rid of harmful toxins including carcinogens which can cause cancer.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower and eat it as a side dish.
- Broccoli is sometimes juiced using a juicer for fresh broccoli juice.
Lemon is a citrus fruit that is known to have high levels of vitamin C. This reason alone is enough to conclude that it can be good for the body. Aside from that though, it can help the toxins to become absorbed by water so that they will be flushed out of the body easily.
- Lemons can be placed as a flavoring to different food products.
- Lemon juice can also be ingested often. It might taste better mixed in with a teaspoon of honey.
Out of all the nuts that can be ingested, walnuts contain a lot of properties that can help the liver immensely. It contains Omega 3 fatty acids that can help the liver perform its functions well.
- Prepare a handful of walnuts.
- Eat walnuts as a snack in order to help you feel full.
- Make sure that you chew the walnuts properly sometimes to the point that they are almost liquidized before swallowing.
What cabbage does is it actually helps the enzymes of the liver to work properly so that the toxins that can be flushed out of the body easily.
- Cabbages are sometimes placed in some salads.
- Eating more kimchi can actually help save the liver.
- Cabbages can sometimes be boiled and mixed in with other vegetables to make vegetable soup.
- Coleslaw also contains enough cabbage that people need to help the liver.
The main reason why carrots are so helpful is because they also act as antioxidants. In other words, carrots make the work of the liver easier which can help the liver not to become overworked. It also has vitamins that are needed by the body overall.
- Include carrots in your main meals.
- Carrots can also be eaten raw. Just slice them into thin parts for instant carrot sticks.
- Carrots can be placed on salads and soups.
A lot of people have already said that berries contain lots of antioxidants. It does matter though what type of berry you would like to consume but the best ones are usually blueberries and blackberries. This can be added to the diet and can help the liver a lot.
- Include this with your dessert to give the simple dessert a twist.
- This can also be infused in simple drinks.
- Juicing with berries can be effective in giving the body some of the nutrients that it needs.
Turmeric is actually considered to be a spice but it is a spice that the liver will like a lot because it can detoxify the body very well. It can affect different parts of the body too so it can help a lot.
- Include the turmeric in your vegetable dish that you have meticulously prepared.
- Place a small amount of this when you prepare stew
- Mix in the turmeric powder with ginger and honey and you can drink it as tea.
A lot of people become surprised with the many benefits of garlic. At this point, Garlic can also be very helpful for the liver. It helps the body flush out the toxins that will make it easier for the liver to clean. It can also help aid the liver in liver cleansing because of its components.
- Place raw cloves of garlic in boiling water and add ginger. This can be used to make tea.
- Eating raw garlic can also be effective in getting rid of various body problems.
- Mix in garlic with some food products for that distinct taste.
What makes grapefruit extremely helpful is the fact that it contains a lot of antioxidants that as you know will help flush out the toxins from the system, helping the liver do its work well. Aside from that, grapefruit also contains high levels of vitamin C.
- Eat grapefruit raw after a meal.
- This can also be made into a juice. Make sure that you drink freshly squeezed ones to get the best effect possible.
16.Leafy Green Vegetables
The great thing about leafy, green vegetables is that they can be included in the diet in different ways. Green, leafy vegetables have a high content of chlorophylls which can help take out the toxins from your blood stream. It can take out so many toxins especially those that you would never have thought is inside your body.
- Place leafy greens like lettuce on your salads. You can actually use it as a salad base.
- You can use other leafy greens like spinach to make soups from scratch that are high in various nutrients.
- Juice various leafy greens together with some fruits and drink in lieu of meals from time to time.
Based on the 16 food products that will cleanse your liver, which one do you think will you be including in your diet? Also, are there food products that you have included in your diet long before you have read this list?