Are you feeling some pain between your shoulder blades? There are instances when the pain that you feel will eventually go away but there are instances when people feel recurring pain. You may try to ignore it in the beginning but as it becomes more common, you know that it will already stop you from working.
You have to remember that there are different causes of pain between the shoulder blades. There are instances when the pain may be available in various places. Some of the pain that you are feeling may go away over time but there are also some causes of pain between the shoulder blades that should not be ignored.
Our body is very complex. There is a big possibility that you will feel pain because of the common things that you are doing but there are also instances when the pain that you are feeling may be caused by something serious.
10 Common Causes of Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
- Poor Posture
There are different reasonswhy you may experience pain in your shoulder blades and your poor posture is one of the reasons why. Your poor posture may have contributed from the fact that you have been driving for a long time or you may also have poor posture because you have been working for quite a long time and you have not changed position.
- If you would like to decrease the type of pain that you are feeling, you may want to make sure that you will change your position from time to time.
- You may also have to avoid some of the activities that may be causing you to feel pain.
- Colds or Flu
What is one of the first symptoms that you begin to feel when you have colds or flu? You may notice that one of the reasons is you may be developing symptoms of colds or flu. The discomfort that you are feeling will then develop into having a runny nose afterwards.
- Even though you are feeling uncomfortable, you have to remember that the discomfort will not remain forever.
- You may relieve the pain with the use of a hot compress.
- You will truly know if the pain between your shoulder blades is caused by colds or flu if you would suddenly have fever.
- Herniated Disc
If in case you are not too familiar with herniated disc, this is another term for slip disc. This occurs when the pad in between the spine breaks down. There are various reasons why you may have a herniated disc but most of the time, it is caused by accidents or medical conditions.
- For herniated disc, it is important that you would seek the help of a medical practitioner.
- You would have to follow the treatment that has been created by the therapist to ensure that you will start feeling better after some time.
- There are also times when you would need to take more rest than usual.
- Compressed Nerve
A compressed nerve may cause a type of pain that you have never thought you would feel. The type of pain that you are feeling may start on one side of your back then the pain will seemingly travel towards the arm.
- You may have to go to the doctor first to determine if you need physiotherapy.
- If in case you do not need physiotherapy just yet, you may have to use some soothing creams and lotions in order to soothe the pain brought about by compressed nerve.
- There are also some medications that you need to take for the compressed nerve.
- Frozen Shoulder
If you are not familiar with this condition, you may think in the beginning that this is a joke but this is not the case at all. Frozen shoulder is brought about by not having synovial fluid on your shoulder. You will usually know if you have frozen shoulder if the type of pain that you are feeling gets worse in every movement that you make.
- You have to remember that there are different types of pain therapies that you may check out. You can choose depending on what will be chosen by your doctor.
- You also need to take some medications in order to lessen the pain that you are feeling.
There are instances when you are not even aware that you have already fractured some parts of your back. There are some accidents that you may have encountered that may have caused some of your bones to crack. You may know that if you have a fracture if the type of pain that you are feeling radiates on your whole back.
- You need to be checked by your doctor at the soonest possible time.
- You may need to undergo surgery in order to correct the fracture.
- Allot an ample amount of time to rest in order to let your fracture heal.
- Gallbladder Problem
If there is some type of pain that radiates in the middle of your back and at the same time, you are feelign pain on your upper abdomen, this may be caused by your gallbladder problem. Remember that gallbladder problems can be two things – it may be gallbladder stones or the inflammation of your gallbladder. It is important to get to know which is causing your problem.
- Remember that this type of pain may usually be felt after eating.
- You need to have the right medications in order to cure your condition.
- Heart Attack
There are some people who may experience pain on the middle portion of their backs because of an impending heart attack. For some people, they are already experiencing the heart attack and yet they are not aware of it.
- If in case that the cause of pain is heart attack, there is a need to go to the emergency room immediately in order to cure the condition.
- Spinal Stenosis
A lot of people are not aware of this condition but Spinal Stenosis is the condition wherein the spinal canal becomes narrow. The spinal canal may become narrow in any part of the spine. Usually, those who are suffering from this condition may begin to feel the pain on the middle portion of their back and at the same time, their legs tend to feel numb.
- There are some medications that may be prescribed in order to cure this condition.
- There are also some exercises that may be done in order to help lessen the pain brought about by this condition.
This is another condition wherein the type of pain that you may be feeling in the middle part of your back is usually painful in the morning and at night. This is actually a condition of the joint in the middle portion of your back.
- There is a need for you to go to the doctor in order to diagnose your condition.
- The doctor will be able to let you know what things you have to do in order to cure the condition.
Now that you know the various causes of the pain the shoulder blades, you have to know exactly what condition you are suffering from to get the needed treatments immediately.