Having bumps, acne, pimples, blemishes, or large pores can make people feel self-conscious, especially when these blemishes appear on the face. While acne and pimples develop due to hormonal changes, bacteria, or family history, bumps occur when the hair follicle shaft produces too much oil and gets combined with dead skin cells.
Skincare products, dirt, and debris may also contribute to the bumpy texture. When this occurs, a plug forms under the skin and allows pimples to develop. Bumps may develop not only on your forehead but also around your jaw. This article will show you how to get rid of bumps, pimples, and blemishes on your face fast and naturally.
Common Causes of Bumps and Blemishes
There are different reasons you get these bumps on your face, and knowing these reasons will allow you to fight them. Here are some common causes of bumps on the face.
- Sun exposure, allergic reaction
- Too much facial makeup
- Acne, pimples, zits, and cysts
- Milia under or around eyes
- Raised white bumps after waxing or shaving
- Cholesterol bumps on the skin
- Keratosis pilaris
- White pimple-like bumps caused by STD
- Calcium deposits beneath the skin
- Pityriasis Alba
- Fordyce spots that may appear on various areas of the body
Medical treatments for skin bumps include laser removal, curettage, chemical peels, and cryotherapy. The following can also help in removing bumps on the face:
- Topical medications are creams containing certain active ingredients, such as tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic.
- Oral medications combined with ointments
- Surgical removal for big bumps on the face
- Laser treatment to get rid of offending bumps
- Curettage – In this treatment, bumps are scraped off using a sharp tool.
- Dermabrasion – This involves removing the top layer of the skin.
- Liquid nitrogen
Bumps caused by a bacterial or viral infection can be removed after treating the disease, but it may take a long time for the skin to be soft and smooth.
How to Get Rid of Bumps and Blemishes with Double Cleansing
One of the tricks to get rid of Bumps, Pimples, and Blemishes is by cleansing your skin twice before going to bed. If you do this properly, you will be able to eliminate the bumpy areas (it may take several days or weeks), leaving your skin smooth and fresh.
Double cleansing your skin means washing your face twice in a row with a gentle, oil-based cleanser before bedtime. If you always apply foundation, makeup, sunscreen, and other skincare products, you need to remove all those layers at the end of the day.
Step 1: After removing skin products from your skin, apply a small amount of oil-based cleanser and rub it on your face and neck.
Step 2: Rinse or wipe the cleanser off with a damp cloth.
Step 3: Apply a small amount of oil-based cleanser to your skin.
Step 4: Rinse your face again with water to eliminate excess oil and dead skin cells.
Follow this process every night, especially if your skin is always exposed to skin products and dirt. There is no need to perform a double cleanse in the morning as it may dry or irritate the skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, only perform this treatment when you wear heavy skincare products.
How to Get Rid of Bumps and Blemishes with Home Remedies
There are also many home remedies that you can try to achieve soft skin successfully. It may take several weeks or months before you notice excellent results, but these treatments are often used for treating acne, pimples, dark spots, and bumps on the face.
1. Aloe Vera
The compounds in aloe vera contain antibacterial properties that can fight bacteria, treat wounds, and aid cell growth. It also provides soothing properties that can alleviate the pain caused by bumps and acne.
Acts as a natural ingredient, this herb is also helpful in getting rid of dead skin cells and excess sebum. In addition, its anti-inflammatory agents also help in reducing redness and swelling.
The antioxidants in aloe vera help combat free radicals and assist in rejuvenating the skin. It also contains vitamins E and C and zinc that can lighten blemishes.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Apply the gel to the affected areas and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with clean water or leave it on overnight. Follow this treatment twice a day.
- Another option is to combine 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with two drops of almond oil. After washing your face, apply this mixture to the affected areas while giving your skin a gentle massage. Let it sit for 20 minutes and wipe it off with damp tissue paper.
2. Vinegar and Cornstarch
One of the best ways to eliminate whiteheads on the face is by applying a mixture of cornstarch and vinegar. This treatment is useful for oily skin as cornstarch absorbs excess sebum while vinegar works as an astringent. Here’s how to get rid of bumps on the face with this remedy.
- In a small bowl, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add enough cornstarch to form a paste and mix it well.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a soaked cloth.
You may already be aware that honey is good for the skin. It has active ingredients that can make your skin more supple and smooth. Cinnamon, on the other hand, is a bit spicy.
You can mix the two to make a mask. These two ingredients can be very effective in getting rid of the bumps on your face, especially if you are particularly having a problem with acne.
- Rinse your face with water first.
- Add 2 parts honey and a dash of cinnamon.
- Mix them until you are sure that they are blended properly.
- Place the mask on the face and leave it on your face for a few minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry with a soft towel.
Note that placing this mixture on your face can be a bit sticky, so you may not want to do anything while you have the mask on your face.
11. Egg Whites
If you would like to get rid of the bumps and the acne scars formed over the past months, you can use egg white. This is very helpful for the skin because it is packed with nutrients and vitamins to help get rid of acne. Egg whites can also help rebuild the cells on your face.
- Rinse your face with water.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
- Whisk the egg whites and make sure that they are frothy before applying the mixture to your face.
- You may need to put up to 3 layers, and you may also thicken the other areas depending on the severity of the bumps found on your face.
- Leave the mask on the face for about 20 minutes.
- After the mask has dried, you can rinse it again with water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel again.
Make sure to use a moisturizer on your face after using egg whites. If you do not place a moisturizer, your face will become too dry.
12. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is used mostly for skincare at home. It can help get rid of the excess sebum or your facial oil. It can also help remove the dead skin cells on your face.
- Ensure that tea tree oil is diluted before you apply it to your face as it may become too strong. You only need a few drops for a large amount of water.
- Dip a cotton bud on the mixture and apply it to the affected area of your skin or where the bumps are.
- Remember that if you want to make the tea tree oil more potent, you may want to lessen the amount of water little by little but do not put too much tea tree oil the first time you try it out.
Remember that tea tree oil can be powerful for your face, and it may cause your face to burn if the oil mixture is too much. You may start seeing results after a few weeks or so. Just be continuous in using it. You may also apply moisturizer on your face if you feel that portions of your skin have gotten dry.
13. Banana Peel
Who says that the banana peel is not useful? The banana peels contain lutein that can help get rid of the swelling and inflammation of the bumps on your face. In addition, they can make your skin cells grow faster, so you will have smoother and blemish-free skin.
- After you have eaten your banana, do not throw away the banana peel just yet.
- Cut the peel into medium-sized portions and rub the peels all over your face.
- Check if you have covered all the needed portions.
- Leave on the face for about half an hour.
- Rinse off the peel essence with water and pat dry your face.
When you do this, you will feel that you are not wasteful anymore.
14. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is used for a variety of things. It is normally used for cooking. It is also used for a wide variety of skin conditions.
Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C that the skin needs. At the same time, it can help dry out the bumps on your skin so that they can heal in a faster manner.
- Extract the juice from a lemon.
- Using a cotton bud, dab the lemon juice on the bumps on your face.
- If the lemon juice stings, you may want to dilute it a bit.
Make sure not to use lemon juice before you leave your house or go to the beach as your skin may be more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can help get rid of the bacteria on your face. You can eat it raw or mix it with the other food that you love. You can also apply it to the affected areas of your skin.
- Extract garlic juice from the garlic or grind it with a mortar and pestle so that the juices can come out.
- You can then get the juice of the garlic and dilute it a bit.
- Apply the mixture to the bumps on your face.
- Leave on your face to dry.
It is not only honey that can be very effective for the skin. Sugar can also be very helpful in getting rid of the bumps on your face.
- You can mix brown and white sugar for the best results.
- Add a bit of rock salt too to make the mixture courser.
- Place extra virgin olive oil with the mixture.
- Now you can place it on the portions of your skin that are full of bumps and blemishes.
Remember that you can make a lot of this sugar scrub and use it from time to time when you feel that your face needs to be refreshed.
Bumps and blemishes can be frustrating as we all want to achieve smooth, clear skin. However, knowing how to get rid of bumps and blemishes with simple techniques, such as double cleansing, can help you in your quest for beautiful skin. Before applying any treatments, make sure that you visit a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.
Do you have any questions on how to get rid of bumps and blemishes? Let us know in the comments, and we will respond immediately!